The Depression Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly feel for you and I know nothing I can say will make you feel better right now, I just want you to know you're not alone and I know exactly how you're feeling. ❤
I feel exactly the same @Pixipoppy, it’s like you’ve described me to a T. Depression is a witch, but I’m still here just living for little moments of happiness and waiting for some bigger goals. If I can do it, so can you! You are not alone ❤
Thank you, I think realising I don’t have to be here if I don’t want to has actually made me feel better. I’m just living day to day, trying not to think about the big picture.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
5.44am and I haven’t slept a wink. Riddled with anxiety and stress. Don’t know how I’m going to make it through the day 😴 fed up with not sleeping.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Update - it’s 2.42am the next day. I’m still struggling to sleep. Had a 3hr snooze yesterday, that was all I managed.

I’ve just ordered some Kalms. Never tried them before so thought it was worth trying them.

• Heart
Anyone else ready to yeet them self out the window 🙃

Despite being all right all day, I’m really struggling tonight. I saw one of my friends yesterday and was really shocked how different our lives are despite similar social backgrounds, education level, etc etc. She is just so confident, so open, so bubbly, so happy, and I’m none of these things. She was brought up loved and cherished. I am happy for her, I just don’t understand why can’t I be like that.
i do this too - I’m fine during the day then the evenings when I’m alone I can’t cope. Also compare my life to everyone else’s.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Anyone else ready to yeet them self out the window 🙃

i do this too - I’m fine during the day then the evenings when I’m alone I can’t cope. Also compare my life to everyone else’s.
I know what you mean ❤
I always think of the line from an Emeli Sandé song, “I wake with good intentions, but the day it always lasts too long”.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I know what you mean ❤
I always think of the line from an Emeli Sandé song, “I wake with good intentions, but the day it always lasts too long”.
I’ve barely been awake this week. Phoned in sick to work and been forcing myself to wake up around 6pm ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Oh gosh I’m so sorry. Have you called any doctor for help? I know its easier said than done x
yes I spoke to them today. They are seeing me on Tuesday as I have a few other physical symptoms.
ive been quite a heavy drinker since I was 18 and think it’s finally caught up with me tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 6
yes I spoke to them today. They are seeing me on Tuesday as I have a few other physical symptoms.
ive been quite a heavy drinker since I was 18 and think it’s finally caught up with me tbh
You‘ve done the right thing, I guess it might not have been easy. Please look after yourself between now and Tuesday.

I’m so sorry you’re going through that, but it’s a huge sign of strength that you know that. I don’t mean that in a patronising way, when I first told a doctor I was struggling mentally I was terrified, I know it’s not easy. Absolutely no judgement from me for what it’s worth.

Does it help knowing you’ve taken a step forward for yourself? (you don’t have to answer any of this) x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So depressed. I’ve been in therapy for years and I just want to be at a baseline where I’m not riddled with anxiety and intense emotions and depression. I feel so lonely and sad and unloved and not worthy. I understand because of my chronic mental illnesses, I’ll always be in therapy and require treatment but I don’t want my life to be this way. It is exhausting. I just want to be okay and safe and not anxious and not sad. I don’t even ask for happy that much. 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
You‘ve done the right thing, I guess it might not have been easy. Please look after yourself between now and Tuesday.

I’m so sorry you’re going through that, but it’s a huge sign of strength that you know that. I don’t mean that in a patronising way, when I first told a doctor I was struggling mentally I was terrified, I know it’s not easy. Absolutely no judgement from me for what it’s worth.

Does it help knowing you’ve taken a step forward for yourself? (you don’t have to answer any of this) x
thank you!
Im not really sure to be honest. I’ve spoken to them a few times regarding my drinking etc & they’ve suggested places to go to, but I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to actually change until now. Hopefully Tuesday will open some doors.
thank you for listening to my moaning. I feel very alone recently & like I have nobody to speak to about it as I’m ashamed.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
thank you!
Im not really sure to be honest. I’ve spoken to them a few times regarding my drinking etc & they’ve suggested places to go to, but I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to actually change until now. Hopefully Tuesday will open some doors.
thank you for listening to my moaning. I feel very alone recently & like I have nobody to speak to about it as I’m ashamed.
I‘m so glad for you that you want to change. I can’t pretend to understand, but from what I know, that’s a huge step, and ugh I know it must be hard but this is such a positive thing.
I hope Tuesday will help too. There’s every chance it will. If for some reason, it doesn’t go well, please, please don’t be disheartened, you’ve already got this far.

Oh gosh of course. It’s why we’re all here. It feels so lonely. Please don’t be ashamed. I don’t even know you but I admire so much that you’re being open and seeking help. Also, it’s an illness, you have no reason to be ashamed.

• Heart
I’m in a place atm where I’m managing within a routine. I don’t push the boundaries as I know it will set me back but I do try and get out on my own to see or visit something different regularly just to change the scenery and open my mind. Otherwise I’m a creature of habit. I’ve come a long way and I don’t want to go back there if I can help it.
I do wake every morning with the worst anxiety though. It makes me feel as though I’m suffocating and it takes me a while to get it under control. Any idea what this can be? It wakes me usually extremely early, which isn’t really the problem, just the horrible feeling.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
So depressed. I’ve been in therapy for years and I just want to be at a baseline where I’m not riddled with anxiety and intense emotions and depression. I feel so lonely and sad and unloved and not worthy. I understand because of my chronic mental illnesses, I’ll always be in therapy and require treatment but I don’t want my life to be this way. It is exhausting. I just want to be okay and safe and not anxious and not sad. I don’t even ask for happy that much. 😔
It’s not much to ask is it. I totally understand. You are worthy though. You know you are deep down too, it’s why you’re speaking here, and why you keep on seeking help x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m in a place atm where I’m managing within a routine. I don’t push the boundaries as I know it will set me back but I do try and get out on my own to see or visit something different regularly just to change the scenery and open my mind. Otherwise I’m a creature of habit. I’ve come a long way and I don’t want to go back there if I can help it.
I do wake every morning with the worst anxiety though. It makes me feel as though I’m suffocating and it takes me a while to get it under control. Any idea what this can be? It wakes me usually extremely early, which isn’t really the problem, just the horrible feeling.
It's cortisol. It's highest in the morning and hits you like kick in the guts when it's too high, which happens when you are under extreme stress. This is how I feel when I wake up too.

• Heart
It's cortisol. It's highest in the morning and hits you like kick in the guts when it's too high, which happens when you are under extreme stress. This is how I feel when I wake up too.
Thank you that’s very helpful

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have anxiety attacks every single weekday when I’m getting ready for work, I had no idea it was a morning thing. I‘m so sorry you and @Libbylulu go through that too x

• Heart
Thank you that’s very helpful
Supplements like ashwagandha, rhodiola rosea and PS (phosphatidylserine) are meant to help

High cortisol also makes you insulin resistant and gives you belly fat 😩

• Wow
Supplements like ashwagandha, rhodiola rosea and PS (phosphatidylserine) are meant to help

High cortisol also makes you insulin resistant and gives you belly fat 😩
I have belly fat, bad skin, lethargy. Thanks for your posts! I hope you feel better soon too x

• Heart
I‘m so glad for you that you want to change. I can’t pretend to understand, but from what I know, that’s a huge step, and ugh I know it must be hard but this is such a positive thing.
I hope Tuesday will help too. There’s every chance it will. If for some reason, it doesn’t go well, please, please don’t be disheartened, you’ve already got this far.

Oh gosh of course. It’s why we’re all here. It feels so lonely. Please don’t be ashamed. I don’t even know you but I admire so much that you’re being open and seeking help. Also, it’s an illness, you have no reason to be ashamed.
thank you for listening, it means the world to me. I’ve tried talking to friends about it but they just brush it off because I’m known as the ‘fun one who loves to party’

I’ve started making a list tonight of triggers to discuss on Tuesday 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.