The Depression Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had a bad few days, anxiety has reared its ugly head, I get the physical pains from it, as well as the feeling of dread feelings, I watch alot of TV, and most just pop a pill if they feel like that, I want those those pills , ha ha!!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Some of the most creative brilliant people suffered from depression. Obviously I don't advocate this view and if you are depressed seek help. But for me, I need a little bit of light depression to spark me into creativity. For me, therapy and anti-depressants rob me of my creative spark. You don't often (if ever) hear this view in the media. Just saying. Again, that's how it works for me. Not for everyone of course. If you can harness it you can use it, like a wild stallion.

Reactions: 2
Yo seems like the temporary cure to mine is linking up with my family members. I was with my family for the weekend and felt very happy. I think loneliness also plays a huge role in our depression
Loneliness is so hard. Having supportive family and reconnecting can be such a boost. I have a strained relationship with mine but of course still love them and it is complicated. When we do have a good visit, it grounds me a bit. I’m glad you had that happiness. Even if short-lived, it’s good to know the things that bring joy to us and push ourselves a bit to seek them to tide us through the harder times.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I thought I’d mention incase it’s helpful for someone that for the last few months I’ve been doing the tapping method. There’s lots about it online and utube. When I wake in the morning I do it immediately as I’m usually riddled with anxiety. When tapping I repeat a positive affirmation. I can’t tell you how much it’s helped me.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m so pathetic I really am, I just don’t know what else to do, I should think myself lucky my kids spend time with their dad & I get time to myself but that’s the problem, I have absolutely nobody. I’m sat in my bed at the moment crying, it’s a Saturday night people are out or spending time with others & I’ve got a bottle of gin to keep me company, I have no friends. My kids say I should be happy in my own company & yes I am at times but it’s too much of my own company, I feel my life passing me by so much right now. All I do is cry, when I go to bed then I can’t sleep cos I have nobody to talk to. I just don’t know what to do at all, I’ve come off social media cos I’m sick & tired of seeing everyone else happy with their partners or people out with friends, I just feel invisible & only ever wanted when it’s for someone else’s gain, sorry to rant on.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I want to run away. I find life incredibly difficult at times and this is one of them. I don’t have anywhere to go though. I feel hopeless and helpless as a parent, I can’t deal with a particular situation (well a couple really) and I have no control over either.

I also hate Christmas and it’ll be here in no time. I wish there was a way you could ‘opt out’ of the whole thing because I get sucked into it, buying and wrapping gifts, cards, the music…and then it’s here and it’s tit.

Im so good at masking how I feel but the mask is slipping more and more and I’m worried where it’s all going to end. Life is difficult enough without having depression too.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I want to run away. I find life incredibly difficult at times and this is one of them. I don’t have anywhere to go though. I feel hopeless and helpless as a parent, I can’t deal with a particular situation (well a couple really) and I have no control over either.

I also hate Christmas and it’ll be here in no time. I wish there was a way you could ‘opt out’ of the whole thing because I get sucked into it, buying and wrapping gifts, cards, the music…and then it’s here and it’s tit.

Im so good at masking how I feel but the mask is slipping more and more and I’m worried where it’s all going to end. Life is difficult enough without having depression too.
Just want to say what you said about situations being out of your control resonated with me. I mean, yes we know we should accept things we cannot change so that we can move forward, but some situations are very very hard. Do you have anyone you can talk to to help you try to deal with the things you can’t deal with? I’m in that process right now, looking for a therapist or similar, but it’s an overwhelming task. I think we all wear masks to an extent, especially when we are going through hard things, it feels like where would I even begin, so easier to go through the expected motions. I don’t have answers, just relating. Christmas can sod off this year especially :(

• Heart
I think I'm going to be alone at Christmas 😔 I know it isn't really a big deal, and I'll be seeing family a few days later, but I dunno... Just to be sat at home on my own, which I do every day anyway makes me feel down

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'd forgotten the physical exhaustion side of this whole mess, I've been okayish for a while. This is ridiculous, I don't even do much physically but I just want to sleep 18 hours a day. I'll up my vitamin D intake and hopefully avoid falling into a pit yet again. I really can't afford it, office work being back and all. It was so easy to be miserable in peace when I was WFH, they look down on being miserable at work, even if you get your job done.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Hi everyone, how are we doing?

I really thought I was on the mend, taking my meds again and slowly improving, but then
my brother-in-law died last week
and it all went downhill. I just feel very very down most of the time and have nightmares almost every night. I’m tired and jealous of everyone who seems to be living a happy life. I really don’t know if I can take it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m so pathetic I really am, I just don’t know what else to do, I should think myself lucky my kids spend time with their dad & I get time to myself but that’s the problem, I have absolutely nobody. I’m sat in my bed at the moment crying, it’s a Saturday night people are out or spending time with others & I’ve got a bottle of gin to keep me company, I have no friends. My kids say I should be happy in my own company & yes I am at times but it’s too much of my own company, I feel my life passing me by so much right now. All I do is cry, when I go to bed then I can’t sleep cos I have nobody to talk to. I just don’t know what to do at all, I’ve come off social media cos I’m sick & tired of seeing everyone else happy with their partners or people out with friends, I just feel invisible & only ever wanted when it’s for someone else’s gain, sorry to rant on.
I don't see any of that as pathetic. It's hard being on your own. How are you feeling today? Have you thought about exploring meetup groups or joining book groups or volunteering ?

I really thought I was on the mend, taking my meds again and slowly improving, but then
and it all went downhill. I just feel very very down most of the time and have nightmares almost every night. I’m tired and jealous of everyone who seems to be living a happy life. I really don’t know if I can take it.
I'm sorry for you loss. Do you have a good support system in place? There's also a lot of charities that also help support with bereavement. My cousin used the grief network but they might be London only.

It might sound cliched but despite all the smiling photos not everyone feels that way all the time.

I think I'm going to be alone at Christmas 😔 I know it isn't really a big deal, and I'll be seeing family a few days later, but I dunno... Just to be sat at home on my own, which I do every day anyway makes me feel down
I was alone at Christmas last year and I just wanted the day to be over. Is it possible to move your schedule around and go see family sooner?

Last edited:
  • Heart
@Raymond Luxury-Yacht i can’t imagine how tough things are you right now. Grief isn’t easy. Especially as you are already suffering with depression. Please don’t focus on how you see other people’s lives being happy. Most of the time it’s a facade and not the real story. Sending you big hugs for healing ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s so cruel that you were on the mend before then. I want to say that you will get to that place again (because you will), but I know how hard it is to think that way when you’re dealing with a bereavement ❤ When I was struggling with a loss, a friend reminded me that grief can be exhausting, it really does take it out of you, so please take care of yourself x

• Heart
I'm sorry for you loss. Do you have a good support system in place? There's also a lot of charities that also help support with bereavement. My cousin used the grief network but they might be London only.

It might sound cliched but despite all the smiling photos not everyone feels that way all the time.
Thank you 💕 Yes, I’m getting enough support, doesn’t make it much easier though

@Raymond Luxury-Yacht i can’t imagine how tough things are you right now. Grief isn’t easy. Especially as you are already suffering with depression. Please don’t focus on how you see other people’s lives being happy. Most of the time it’s a facade and not the real story. Sending you big hugs for healing ❤
Thank you so much! 💗 I spent a lot of time pretending I was okay before finally admitting I wasn’t. After all, why should I be? I might not have been his closest relative but I loved him still. I see him in my dreams all of the time, I sometimes see people who look like him or have a similar sounding voice on the street, and it’s so painful to realise it’s someone else. I just hate how grief added up to my depression and self-hatred 😔

I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s so cruel that you were on the mend before then. I want to say that you will get to that place again (because you will), but I know how hard it is to think that way when you’re dealing with a bereavement ❤ When I was struggling with a loss, a friend reminded me that grief can be exhausting, it really does take it out of you, so please take care of yourself x
Thank you so much, you are very kind ❤ I’m absolutely desperate to get there again, but now I’m numb at best or sick and nauseous from negative feelings. I’ve decided I’ll just give myself some time

How is everybody else doing? 💝

• Heart
Wow. This thread breaks my heart, but also inspires me.

To everyone here - especially those who are struggling - you are doing great.

You may not see it at the moment but you are strong and you are brave.

♥

• Heart
Hi everyone! Hope you are all OK today!

Just wanted a bit of advice…

So I’ve been doing really well. Been on my duloxetine over a month and I’ve been so well, much better and more like myself

Today for no apparent reason I feel completely exhausted and really low like my best days are behind me. I’m so tired… is this anything to worry about? Is it normal for depression recovery?

• Heart
Personally I think it's normal to have low days and moments even when you've been doing well. For me it comes up more with periods. So it might be worthwhile tracking that too and seeing if it coincidences. I'm much more tired and I get more suicidal thoughts just before.

Don't you just love it when you suffer from an anxiety disorder and you tell someone you're anxious and they just say "it'll be ok". Yeah really bleeping helpful! Im suddenly cured 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Don't you just love it when you suffer from an anxiety disorder and you tell someone you're anxious and they just say "it'll be ok". Yeah really bleeping helpful! Im suddenly cured 🙄
What could they say to be more helpful?

Its hard to know what to say as someone on the other end of it. I never want to say too much/the wrong thing.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.