The Depression Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read this thread from page 1 last night. Just by sharing, you all helped me through. I apologize if by reacting to very old posts, I dredged up old feelings for you. I’m sorry. I don’t know where to start sharing my own issues, every time I want to type something, it catches like a lump in my throat, my chest. I feel the same about picking up the phone to get help. Maybe I’ll have the strength one day, but just wanted to say thanks for the honesty and support shown on this thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
No not with being jealous as such, but I do know for a fact that often things are not as them seem and that no one really gets a full hand even though they might appear to. You just don't know what someone's reality really is. I've known plenty of people who look like they have it all but cant stand their partners or are getting beaten up or they have cancer etc. I think you just have to try to be happy in yourself and to think that your health is the main thing that matters, not money, boyfriends, good looks etc.
Thank you for your support ❤ These are some wise words, and while I do agree with you, I’m pretty sure she does not have cancer or get beaten up (not like I wish that upon her, not at all). My physical health is okay, I’m thankful for that, but my mental health is in shreds.

Those things are just material, she could be going through hell on the inside so take it at face value.
Well, obviously I will never know that. I know jealousy is stupid, I know it will pass, but it’s just so tough right now 🙁 Thank you for taking your time to reply 💗

Does anyone have any experience in dealing with jealousy? Unfortunately, I realised I’m really jealous of someone I know. She has my dream job, my dream boyfriends, good looks, she lives in a nice place and earns a lot of money. She is younger than me too. I have nothing in comparison, I can’t stop feeling a failure and blaming myself for not having worked hard enough to achieve what she has. Obviously, it takes a toll on my mental health. My self-hatred is so intense I feel physically sick all of the time. I just wish I could disappear.
For me I tried not to be so hard on myself for feeling jealous. It was just a feeling. Self hate was also just thoughts and could be changed. I don't particularly love myself yet either but I've just stopped adding extra feelings / stuff on top when I'm already feeling low.

Might sound cliched but everyone has to run their own race. I would really recommend Louise hay's videos and affirmations on youtube.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
For me I tried not to be so hard on myself for feeling jealous. It was just a feeling. Self hate was also just thoughts and could be changed. I don't particularly love myself yet either but I've just stopped adding extra feelings / stuff on top when I'm already feeling low.

Might sound cliched but everyone has to run their own race. I would really recommend Louise hay's videos and affirmations on youtube.

Thank you so much, I’ve never thought about it this way ❤ I’m going to check out these videos, hopefully they help

hope you’re okay, I agree the nights are the worst. I’ve been struggling to sleep lately and my anxiety and depression is playing up because of it 🙃
It’s a vicious self feeding cycle. I’m sorry you’re having a hard time with nights too. Last Thursday I had what I can only call a panic attack in the middle of the night after what started as a legit cry about something hard going on in life. I haven’t slept a proper night since. And it just keeps going, nights become days become nights… I am so tired and it becomes harder and harder to get clarity.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It’s a vicious self feeding cycle. I’m sorry you’re having a hard time with nights too. Last Thursday I had what I can only call a panic attack in the middle of the night after what started as a legit cry about something hard going on in life. I haven’t slept a proper night since. And it just keeps going, nights become days become nights… I am so tired and it becomes harder and harder to get clarity.
oh I’m sorry you’re going through that that’s awful! I know it’s the generic advice but have you spoken to your GP? When I was suffering bad with my PND and couldn’t sleep my doctor prescribed me something that helped take the edge off. I’m not taking it anymore though, perhaps that could help with your sleep problems?

• Heart
Thank you. It’s advice I would give to a friend too but I can’t seem to pick up that phone 😩 why is that so hard? It seems so obvious.

No I know what you mean! It’s almost like you don’t want to admit to them there is a problem
It’s a bit of a Pandora’s box and I’m not sure I can handle it. I also have some health issues and anxieties around the doctor as well which doesn’t help. I know I will call if for no other reason than desperation for sleep. What do they give for that?

It’s a bit of a Pandora’s box and I’m not sure I can handle it. I also have some health issues and anxieties around the doctor as well which doesn’t help. I know I will call if for no other reason than desperation for sleep. What do they give for that?
Sorry to butt in as this wasn't aimed at me but I've been in a similiar position

I was on sertraline which I didn't agree with and now I'm on fluoxetine, which after the wave of side effects has really sorted me out. I now get bad sleep once or twice a week instead of every single night

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sorry to butt in as this wasn't aimed at me but I've been in a similiar position

I was on sertraline which I didn't agree with and now I'm on fluoxetine, which after the wave of side effects has really sorted me out. I now get bad sleep once or twice a week instead of every single night
Butt in any time. I’m glad you’ve found something that helps. ❤

I've had diagnosed depression/anxiety since I was 13. I've had 2 mental breakdowns - one in my teenage years where I didn't leave the house for 6 months and one a few years ago due to a job. It's something I've learned to live with, after many many attempts of counselling, CBT (made me feel worse!) and medications. About 3 years ago, I was diagnosed with BPD as I felt my depression was something 'more' if that makes sense. I usually keep that to myself though because there is still stigma around personality disorders and mental health conditions, no matter what people or charities will portray.

The past year with Covid and other personal events happening to me, my MH has taken a beating. Thankfully I'm in a position that I have something to keep me busy each day (my work) but if I didn't have that, I don't know what I would do. I have good days and not so good days, I just try to take each day as it comes now.
Aww im sorry to read you still feel the need to keep your BPD diagnosis to yourself, but i dont blame you at all because i even see it banded about on here when people are slagging off influencers! I am forever reading so and so "defo has bpd" and its so disheartening because we are not "bad" people at all, in fact we have empathy in spades, we are loving and caring (often to a fault) and so bloody loyal! I have accepted my BPD diagnosis now, i just wish there was more education and awareness surrounding BPD and personality disorders in general because quite often its used as a cheap shot to have a dig at anyone someone doesnt like! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m calling my dr on Monday. I can’t do this alone. 😞 thanks everyone
It really is hard to do this alone, I tried for years until I had a breakdown, then knew I really needed help, a bit of advice, the first Dr I went to see, prescribed me amitriptyline, and told me to go to Waterstones to find a book on anxiety and depression, that really didn't help me, I changed drs, spoke to another, he was more understanding and prescribed different ads, took a while for them to help.

• Heart
It really is hard to do this alone, I tried for years until I had a breakdown, then knew I really needed help, a bit of advice, the first Dr I went to see, prescribed me amitriptyline, and told me to go to Waterstones to find a book on anxiety and depression, that really didn't help me, I changed drs, spoke to another, he was more understanding and prescribed different ads, took a while for them to help.
Thank you for sharing your experience. How do I (or they) know if I need meds, need someone to talk to, or both? How do I know what is right for me when I’m not quite right, right now? Does that make sense?

Thank you for sharing your experience. How do I (or they) know if I need meds, need someone to talk to, or both? How do I know what is right for me when I’m not quite right, right now? Does that make sense?
Im sorry I can't your questions, everyone's different, but I'm glad you've made the decision to see a Dr x

Can I just ask if anyone is on meds for anxiety? I'm on meds for my depression but my anxiety is out of control

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.