The Death Penalty

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched I am a killer on netflix and the one story was based around a man who was abused etc up until he was eventually adopted by a man who was some sort of teacher, very respected in the community. Turns out he was also an abuser of children who were adopted or fostered by him. He found a photograph in the man's drawer of him holding a child's nether regions and took it to the police who ignored it. The boy went to visit his adopted parents who he adored and ended up stabbing them both to death and has never been able to explain why. In court, none of his abuse was ever mentioned and he got sentenced to the death penalty which I found really unfair given the trauma he had been through his entire life. The adopted father ended up passing away 2 years later as a paedophile but police never even got involved. I don't agree with the death penalty in cases like this at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
You should loose your human rights as soon as you decide to rape or murder. A child rapist doesn’t deserve human rights. A serial killer doesn’t deserve human tights.

It’s the soft “human rights” argument that’s allowed one of James Bulgers killers to be provided with multiple new identities, that has provided him the opportunity to continue to be an active peadophile and to live his life as a free man. It’s a damn disgrace.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
plenty of people have childhoods that most likely most of us can’t begin to imagine but they don’t all end up cutting babies out of their mothers wombs while they are still alive

not that I’m saying you think it’s an excuse but some people do iyswim
Oh god no its deffinalty not an excuse. If someone hurt one of my kids I would be like
"Oh bless them, they had a tit upbringing"

Yes, for certain crimes and if there is 100% proof that the person did it. I used to think “nah, let them suffer in prison” but the problem is, they likely don’t suffer at all as our justice system is pathetic and many do get out to reoffend.

You should loose your human rights as soon as you decide to rape or murder. A child rapist doesn’t deserve human rights. A serial killer doesn’t deserve human tights.

It’s the soft “human rights” argument that’s allowed one of James Bulgers killers to be provided with multiple new identities, that has provided him the opportunity to continue to be an active peadophile and to live his life as a free man. It’s a damn disgrace.
I agree with this. You rob someone of their life or their innocence willfully, you don’t deserve human rights. Controversial? I don’t care. There are too many monsters out there, we can stand to lose a few.

Reactions: 3
For some, yes I think they deserve the death penalty. Not everyone can be rehabilitated and become a valued member of society. Some people are just so sick in their head that they will never be 'normal'. Especially pedophiles, there is something wrong in their brain and I don't think you can ever cure them of it. Same with serial killers like Ted Bundy. Someone like that will not just realize what they did was wrong.

Reactions: 6
I watched I am a killer on netflix and the one story was based around a man who was abused etc up until he was eventually adopted by a man who was some sort of teacher, very respected in the community. Turns out he was also an abuser of children who were adopted or fostered by him. He found a photograph in the man's drawer of him holding a child's nether regions and took it to the police who ignored it. The boy went to visit his adopted parents who he adored and ended up stabbing them both to death and has never been able to explain why. In court, none of his abuse was ever mentioned and he got sentenced to the death penalty which I found really unfair given the trauma he had been through his entire life. The adopted father ended up passing away 2 years later as a paedophile but police never even got involved. I don't agree with the death penalty in cases like this at all.
I watched this today! It was the pedophiles parents (Foster grandparents) he stabbed to death. Unfortunately two innocent people died because of the police failing him.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Yes, absolutely.

Only when it's proven someone has done something terrible, crimes against children like others have said. Or things like terrorist attacks and so on. Why are Lee Rigby's killers allowed to live? One is suffering badly with COVID and I couldn't care less.

I wouldn't think that if prison was harsher though

Yes.
For the following:

rapists.
Child abusers.
Murderers.

But not like the ridiculous American system where people are on death row for 30 years on appeal. No. If someone is convicted of raping a child they should die there and then, the day of conviction.

You’re telling if if someone raped and tourted baby they should be allowed to live? No. Sorry but no.
Yes i am saying that. I'm not to say that someone should have their life taken from them. I'm not telling you anything. We don't have the death penalty in the UK and I'm saying I don't want it or beleive in it.

Yes i am saying that. I'm not to say that someone should have their life taken from them. I'm not telling you anything. We don't have the death penalty in the UK and I'm saying I don't want it or beleive in it.
So you think it’s ok for baby rapists get to live?

Ok....

• Wow
  • Angry
So you think it’s ok for baby rapists get to live?

Ok....
That isn't the discussion here. Don't make assumptions. I do not support the death penalty.

You're the one who brought up those types of crimes in relation to my initial reply. My view is of our sentencing laws and one partucular area of them

I watched this today! It was the pedophiles parents (Foster grandparents) he stabbed to death. Unfortunately two innocent people died because of the police failing him.
That's the one, thank you for correcting it. I think it's awful how he was treated. A whole childhood of abuse and misery. I don't feel he was deserving of the death penalty at all.

That isn't the discussion here. Don't make assumptions. I do not support the death penalty.

You're the one who brought up those types of crimes in relation to my initial reply. My view is of our sentencing laws and one partucular area of them
I’m not making assumptions. You don’t support the death penalty therefore you think rapists/murderers etc should be allowed to live.

The death penalty is not shown to deter criminals from committing crime therefore its intention does not work.

Its also irreversible. Innocent people have been killed for crimes they didnt commit. Justice can be served via prison sentences to those who have committed heinous acts. If the wrong person is killed for committing a crime, then there is twice as much injustice. We need true, life long prison sentences in the UK.

Reactions: 9
The death penalty is not shown to deter criminals from committing crime therefore its intention does not work.

Its also irreversible. Innocent people have been killed for crimes they didnt commit. Justice can be served via prison sentences to those who have committed heinous acts. If the wrong person is killed for committing a crime, then there is twice as much injustice. We need true, life long prison sentences in the UK.
Which will never happen because of those who campaign for the human rights movement. Giving child murderers multiple new identities despite the fact that said person has continued to commit hideous crimes. In 2017 it was estimated that the cost of providing John venebals with his new identities was over £5MILLION. We as a country have spent over £5million on providing this beast with ways of living a normal life. What in the name of duck justice is that??

I personally feel like what’s the point in death row if they are allowed to stay alive for 30 years and appeal all the time anyway. I think if you have been sent to death row it needs to be 100% proven fact beyond reasonable doubt that the crime happened anyway (we shouldn’t have any innocent people on death row IMO but the whole system is a mess) & the crime needs to be horrific. I then think they should be killed very shortly after the conviction, there is no point spending all the money to keep them alive for all that time.

If you look at the amount of people actually sentenced to death over the last 100 years compared to the number of people on death row it’s minimal. Why not just sentence them to life in prison instead? I don’t think I’m wording it very well but the “death sentence” very rarely means it anyway so there just doesn’t seem to be much point in it. Either use it or don’t.

• Heart
I personally feel like what’s the point in death row if they are allowed to stay alive for 30 years and appeal all the time anyway. I think if you have been sent to death row it needs to be 100% proven fact beyond reasonable doubt that the crime happened anyway (we shouldn’t have any innocent people on death row IMO but the whole system is a mess) & the crime needs to be horrific. I then think they should be killed very shortly after the conviction, there is no point spending all the money to keep them alive for all that time.

If you look at the amount of people actually sentenced to death over the last 100 years compared to the number of people on death row it’s minimal. Why not just sentence them to life in prison instead? I don’t think I’m wording it very well but the “death sentence” very rarely means it anyway so there just doesn’t seem to be much point in it. Either use it or don’t.
Yes, 100%

Part of me thinks that the death penalty is, as a last resort, a reasonable punishment. As in, you have murdered someone therefore you are sentenced to death. It makes sense, albeit slightly draconian. What is the alternative for these people? Who have committed such heinous crimes. They just sit in a cell and rot until they die anyway. The bleaker side of me thinks, why wait?

And then another side of me thinks: no. It is too black and white of a view. In so many cases, people are brought into this world without a fighting chance to start with because they’re born into abuse, addiction, neglect etc. Perhaps not born evil but never nurtured or given the chance to be anything but the mess like they came from. What about redemption? The consideration that people do genuinely change. A good example of this is John Crilly, convicted of murder in 2005, released and helped defend members of the public in the London Bridge Stabbings which were done by terrorist Usman Khan in 2018. Crilly had a bad life, made awful choices, but also helped save other people during a terror attack. Food for thought

• Heart
No. No one has the right to murder and that includes the government. It’s what animals and uncivilised countries do.

Look at the list of countries with the death penalty, consider if you want to be one of those. Consider whether the death penalty has reduced their crime levels. You’ll find a theme in those countries- they’re all tit. We are so lucky to live in an enlightened country where there is little call for the death penalty to be introduced

Yes.
For the following:

rapists.
Child abusers.
Murderers.

But not like the ridiculous American system where people are on death row for 30 years on appeal. No. If someone is convicted of raping a child they should die there and then, the day of conviction.

You’re telling if if someone raped and tourted baby they should be allowed to live? No. Sorry but no.
Rapists 😂 do you have any idea how many men are rapists?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
No. No one has the right to murder and that includes the government. It’s what animals and uncivilised countries do.

Look at the list of countries with the death penalty, consider if you want to be one of those. Consider whether the death penalty has reduced their crime levels. You’ll find a theme in those countries- they’re all tit. We are so lucky to live in an enlightened country where there is little call for the death penalty
yeah. Our country is so enlightened isn’t it. We let child rapists out on licence to rape babies again & again and our murderers get a jail term that they only serve half of and even then they live the life of Riley in prison with full access to tv/internet/education/food/healthcare etc etc.

Our country is a joke. £5million to allow a child killer to have multiple new identities so that he can carry on with his vile peodphilla.

yeah. Our country is so enlightened isn’t it. We let child rapists out on licence to rape babies again & again and our murderers get a jail term that they only serve half of and even then they live the life of Riley in prison with full access to tv/internet/education/food/healthcare etc etc.

Our country is a joke. £5million to allow a child killer to have multiple new identities so that he can carry on with his vile peodphilla.
Yep. We have low crime compared to other countries. We’re doing it right 👍🏻