Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member
They still need paying for, presumably .
just go to the vault and use one you’ve got already 😀
---

I suppose it depends on stuff like how long it is between coronations and what the state of the country is at the time, but off the bat I’d say no … the days of the ultra extravagant displays are done.
Yeah that's the thing isn't it. I think if they are going to do it, go big or go home, but yeah the future is uncertain so as you say it likely won't happen and we've seen the last of the extravagance.

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member
You were right. Bodyguard-ish, fixer-upper, crap sifter extraordinaire. Not actual crap of course! Valets dress men, or at least lay their clothes out, make sure they are in good repair etc. Butlers, as a general rule, do not.
Interesting. So are they equivalent to a lady in waiting? Man in waiting if you will? Lol

D_Wills

VIP Member
I was hoping for a good few songs from Take That but doesn't it finish at 10? And we haven't even had Katy Perry yet! 🥲

elliebee27

VIP Member
Honestly, the coronation was a little underwhelming. I was expecting this big extravaganza, but it wasn't like that. Not so much glitz and glamour, more choir singings and religious speeches. Do you guys think William's will be bigger and more extravagant?
I doubt it. If he ever does one. Once the precedent is set, and he famously hates pomp…

hssdrs

VIP Member
And it's the anniversary of several royal events. The official mourning period didn't end until January, lent and easter cuts out Feb 22nd - April 10th, and then Eurovision next week!
It also needs to be before trooping the colour in June.. can't have the king's official birthday if he isn't properly crowned yet!
The official mourning period for the royal family end a week after the Queens funeral.....