The Coffee House ☕️

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are definitely a few U.K. brands around but I haven’t tried them. I remember buying some from independent coffee stores in London when I lived there too. Google suggested these two early on in the results but I don’t know how easy it would be to find them. https://www.coolcoldbrew.co.uk/

I can’t do cold brew, alas. I like the taste but it makes me so jittery and gives me a headache! @Oohthedrama’s order would probably kill me (I bow down to your caffeine tolerance levels!)
I actually buy my oat milk from minor figures have had there cartons of oat milk latte before... will have a look.

Reactions: 1
I love coffee and have been drinking over 10 cups a day since I was a teenager.

For instant I like Nescafe Gold Blend. I have both a Tassimo and a Nespresso (my husband won the Nespresso at work). I use either Costa or L'or capsules for the Tassimo and just stocked up on a 3 for €10 deal in Tesco. For the Nespresso I use L'or capsules and won't make the mistake of trying any other again.

I have a frother that came with the Nespresso but rarely use it. I also have a cafetiere and was given a present of one of those Costa cups with the one use filter.

I go through phases on what I'll use most. Detest Starbucks and Bewleys (Irish) and also Kenco.

Long shot here but any Nescafe Azera drinkers here? Discovered a new flavour called "Grindsmith" which I'm think of trying.

Anyone tried it yet?

I've been using a dolce gusto to make latte for a while but recently invested in an aeropress and aergrind! Although I sometimes like the fact that it takes a little while and allows me to step away from my desk, I do miss the simplicity of just flicking two buttons for water and being able to walk away from the dolce gusto 😂
I couldn't justify the counter space nor cost of a bean-to-cup machine though.. Maybe some day!

Does anyone watch James hoffmann? He's a terrible snob and trys all these coffee things that you know he'll proclaim as awful but knows his stuff and can be entertaining in small doses.

Although I think he's a bit shady for having so many views that he earns about £10-20k a month in YouTube ads + sponsored videos for a few more grand and still has a patreon to beg for cash. Just checked now and it's earning him £15'953 a month in donations. He says the patreon money is to make him impartial but really it's unnecessary and greedy imo. Although of course it's people's choice.
Plus don't forget about all the video sponsors, you can't tell me the coffee bags / grinders he gives away to justify it add up to anywhere near the amount he gets in sponsorship per video!

Although I have to say I do like his content and think it's informative and well researched a lot of the time (even if I totally agree with your points about him being a snob and the patreon being unnecessary)

Last edited:
Plus don't forget about all the video sponsors, you can't tell me the coffee bags / grinders he gives away to justify it add up to anywhere near the amount he gets in sponsorship per video!
Yep, he's really coining it in with three huge sources of revenue. It's handy to sell the patreon as how to get the stuff he tests as he's monetizing what he'd need to get rid of anyway. Making cash on getting rid of stuff is smart from a business pov.

I've been slowly making my way through every Nespresso pod and they're all pretty awful. Really don't understand how they sell so many. I'm not a snob or anything as any cheap real coffee made in french press or a bean to cup machine I usually find drinkable. But all the Nespressos have an unpleasant taste, particularly those with added flavours 🫤