The Coffee House ☕️

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A thread for me :eek:

I have an espresso machine, a bean to cup and a filter machine and I do use all three interchangeably. I try to buy local coffee beans because I like to try and support the local economy but I do buy generic Lavazza/whatever Costco has on offer. We go through a lot of beans so buying expensive would cost me an absolute fortune. Ive got Lavazza Oro beans at the moment and theyre really nice but again only buy when on offer.

For ground coffee for the filter I usually just buy Taylors of Harrogate.

I did use to enjoy perusing the coffee aisle but now that I do all my shopping online its not the same.

Pretty sure I just see sounds now. No wonder my aleep is atrocious

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I also really want a Sage Barista Express but I reckon a 4th coffee making implement, 6th really if you include the french press and then moka pot, would probably be the final straw for my very understanding partner.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I only drink two cups of black coffee each day. I usually buy the Kenco Millicano variety. I do have a cafetière somewhere in a box, I think, haven’t used it since before moving house last year.

I used to buy those little ground coffee one-cups, which you place on top of a cup and let it filter through. Actually, I might start buying them again, as the coffee did taste nicer.

I forgot to mention, I hate filter coffee.I'm sure the coffee always tastes bitter but my husband says I won't be able to tell the difference. I'm sure when he's made me a coffee and it's tasted crap, he has given me a filter coffee to try and catch me out .

For instant I like Jacobs, and there’s a particular blend of Nescafé that is especially nice. It’s not the classic or the Gold...I can’t remember what it’s called. Also tried some really nice instant from Aldi, called Amaroy (I think?).

When I have more time I like to use the Bialetta Moka thing. I like Illy and Lavazza for that.

My husband loves Turkish coffee so from the Turkish grocery store we got a bag of that for cheap and the copper pot to make it, which was only about €5.

No offense to Canadians but I’m not keen on Tim Hortons instant or ground.

Yel

I'm so tempted to make a James hoffmann thread - spends a few grand on equipment and then talks of all the parts that need to be replaced or tweaked in order to make a passable cup of coffee 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Such a tragic comment on this thread because I know people can get precious about good coffee 😂

my go-to order is a 6 shot venti Americano but I usually snub the coffee contraption at home and use lavazza prontissimo instant 😂 made with liquorice and cinnamon boiling water, then add almond milk 😋

I worked out I drink close to 3 litres of coffee alone in a day 😶 because I make it in a large mason jug and drink straight from that. Probably need help. In fairness that’s from 6.10am 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Such a tragic comment on this thread because I know people can get precious about good coffee 😂

my go-to order is a 6 shot venti Americano but I usually snub the coffee contraption at home and use lavazza prontissimo instant 😂 made with liquorice and cinnamon boiling water, then add almond milk 😋

I worked out I drink close to 3 litres of coffee alone in a day 😶 because I make it in a large mason jug and drink straight from that. Probably need help. In fairness that’s from 6.10am 🤷‍♀️
6 shots 😁 omg. I do a 3 shot americano at home and thought that was a lot.

• Haha
I only drink two cups of black coffee each day. I usually buy the Kenco Millicano variety. I do have a cafetière somewhere in a box, I think, haven’t used it since before moving house last year.

I used to buy those little ground coffee one-cups, which you place on top of a cup and let it filter through. Actually, I might start buying them again, as the coffee did taste nicer.
Try the coffee bags, so much nicer and don't take half an hour to drip through. Plus it's easier to brew to your taste. Loads of brands do them now, but I like the Taylors ones. I usually buy then when we go away (when we were allowed to!)

6 shots 😁 omg. I do a 3 shot americano at home and thought that was a lot.
I know 🤦🏻‍♀️ I don’t sleep much anyway so it makes no difference, I can use an instant coffee in less than a week, if I was just using pods I’d need to be taking out a loan or dealing on the streets. 🤣

• Haha
my go-to order is a 6 shot venti Americano
And here was me worrying that some weeks I go through two bags of beans 😆

Several varieties of Costa beans are half price at Tesco right now. Only tried the signature blend and not a fan.

• Haha
And here was me worrying that some weeks I go through two bags of beans 😆

Several varieties of Costa beans are half price at Tesco right now. Only tried the signature blend and not a fan.
costa coffee tastes like someone accidentally spilled acid in washing up liquid and tipped it into the toilet before putting it into your cup.

ive never had coffee that gives me heartburn and a headache at the same time, they should use it as an instrument of torture.

if anyone asks me to meet them for coffee and suggest Costa I cut that fucker out of my life, they’re clearly going to be to person who sneaks into my room at night and puts me under the patio before sunrise.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I love a cold brew but I never ever remember to do it the night before. I see in America you can buy cold brew in large bottles from the supermarket, but despite looking I cant find any pre made cold brew in big cartons or bottles without milk added. Has anyone found any? Especially coming into the warmer weather.

costa coffee tastes like someone accidentally spilled acid in washing up liquid and tipped it into the toilet before putting it into your cup.

ive never had coffee that gives me heartburn and a headache at the same time, they should use it as an instrument of torture.

if anyone asks me to meet them for coffee and suggest Costa I cut that fucker out of my life, they’re clearly going to be to person who sneaks into my room at night and puts me under the patio before sunrise.
Have you ever had a Costa from one of their machines? you will be surprised!! I drink one or two costa machine drinks a day, until recently when the price went back up I used to have a cappuccino with caramel syrup.

Most working days I have as many Flat Whites from Pret as possible, at home it's the good old nescafe alzera.

I'm so tempted to make a James hoffmann thread - spends a few grand on equipment and then talks of all the parts that need to be replaced or tweaked in order to make a passable cup of coffee 😆
This is awful I know but I find his videos weirdly soothing. 😂

I love a cold brew but I never ever remember to do it the night before. I see in America you can buy cold brew in large bottles from the supermarket, but despite looking I cant find any pre made cold brew in big cartons or bottles without milk added. Has anyone found any? Especially coming into the warmer weather.
There are definitely a few U.K. brands around but I haven’t tried them. I remember buying some from independent coffee stores in London when I lived there too. Google suggested these two early on in the results but I don’t know how easy it would be to find them. https://www.coolcoldbrew.co.uk/

I can’t do cold brew, alas. I like the taste but it makes me so jittery and gives me a headache! @Oohthedrama’s order would probably kill me (I bow down to your caffeine tolerance levels!)

I do have a dolce gusto which is mainly used for hot chocolates, i use the compatible pods from amazon so get a few like milky way, twix,mars etc but if i drink coffee then its nescafe.