The Coffee House ☕️

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Inspired by the Tea Time thread - a place to discuss favourite brands of coffee and coffee recommendations and coffee equipment.

Do you aeropress? Do you cafetiere? Do you have a machine? Or do you just love a good instant coffee?! Let's talk coffee ☕

Me personally, I have an aeropress and I now have a Hario coffee bean grinder but tbh it's always easier to just buy the coffee ground 😂I really want to order some more Dark Woods Under Milk Wood coffee. It was served to us in a cafe last year in Ilkley and I loved it so much I bought a few bags. Very expensive though so we only buy it as a treat!

Reactions: 2
I really wanna get more adventurous with my coffee 🥺 we just have the Tassimo coffee machine which as time has gone on I find quite boring tbh and not that many pods. I was actually looking at the bean machines the other day but I'd have no idea what to get and I think my bf would be offended as he only just got me my tassimo machine as a gift 😂

Call me boring but I love a kenco instant 🙌🏼
but my ritual is a espresso every morning (Italian family) 🤣

or either a costa/Starbucks latte if I’m feeling boujee

Reactions: 1
I have a dolce gusto machine which I like but I want to be more sophisticated and buy a bean machine :ROFLMAO:

Inspired by the Tea Time thread - a place to discuss favourite brands of coffee and coffee recommendations and coffee equipment.

Do you aeropress? Do you cafetiere? Do you have a machine? Or do you just love a good instant coffee?! Let's talk coffee ☕

Me personally, I have an aeropress and I now have a Hario coffee bean grinder but tbh it's always easier to just buy the coffee ground 😂I really want to order some more Dark Woods Under Milk Wood coffee. It was served to us in a cafe last year in Ilkley and I loved it so much I bought a few bags. Very expensive though so we only buy it as a treat!
Ha so weird seeing ilkley on tattle (that’s where I grew up 👀)! There are some great coffee shops there.

I have a Delonghi Espresso machine and a Hario hand grinder too - I agree it is a mega faff but I bought 1kg of beans at Christmas which I’m still working through ha. If I’m feeling lazy, I’ll do a French press. Although tbh I’ve got into a very bad habit of getting a morning flat white on my pre work walk...!

Would absolutely love one of those bean to cup coffee shop machines one day but i probs spend too much on takeaway coffee to justify it!

• Heart

Yel

Oddly enough I was just about to start a coffee thread 😆. I've started watching some terrible coffee snobs and their over the top expressions over a coffee grinder that has apparently made their high quality coffee disgusting and totally undrinkable

I don't know much about coffee, but started drinking semi recently.

I have the Aldi Italian style beans (1.49 for 225g), grind them in a nutribullet each day and brew in a French press for 5-6 mins. Seems cheap for coffee but tastes on par with a medium roast at Starbucks or Costa to me.

Apparently good coffee isn't subjective. Can anyone recommend some fancy stuff to taste the difference with?

Would absolutely love one of those bean to cup coffee shop machines one day
From what the coffee snobs say, unless you're dropping a grand or two bean to cup things are a total waste. Lots of them tend to buy things like an espresso as it's not worth the effort needed to make a good one at home.

Cafetiere with Taylor of Harrogate rich Italian ground coffee. Funnily enough, I just posted in another thread how I love the smell of a newly opened bag of coffee.

I don't get coffee snobbery! I love my coffee but certainly don't get snobby over it. I've had expensive ones that I've not liked and cheap ones that I've really liked. And I've always got instant coffee in the cupboard when I just want a quick cuppa. Atm we're just using aldis own brand of coffee beans when we make aeropress/cafetiere coffee and I quite like it.

I like chocolate and nutty flavour profiles so if I spot a bag like it in a shop or online that's what I'd usually get.

Cafetiere with Taylor of Harrogate rich Italian ground coffee. Funnily enough, I just posted in another thread how I love the smell of a newly opened bag of coffee.
Can't go wrong with Taylor if Harrogate either - love their lazy Sunday (?) coffee!

Yel

I've often thought about buying a mild roast coffee, then roasting it myself briefly at home to get the smell 😆

I love the coffee roaster thing at whole foods south ken.

• Heart
I’ve got a smeg espresso machine and order beans from coffee direct, current favourite is their monsoon malabar coffee

I can't /won't /don't speak to anyone or do a thing in the mornings until I've had my tassimo double espresso

I might as well just inject caffeine into my veins tbh 🙃🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My partner bought a La Pavoni Europiccola coffee machine from ebay years ago and has replaced a few parts that were looking tired. It comes with a milk frother which works wonders if you like latte or cappuccino.

We also have a separate coffee grinder to grind the coffee beans. It can be a faff using this machine, and tends to feel like a workout when all I want is a coffee first thing in the morning. ☕

8118FEFC-2346-480B-9298-66EAEF41CE4A.jpeg

Yel

Does anyone watch James hoffmann? He's a terrible snob and trys all these coffee things that you know he'll proclaim as awful but knows his stuff and can be entertaining in small doses.

Although I think he's a bit shady for having so many views that he earns about £10-20k a month in YouTube ads + sponsored videos for a few more grand and still has a patreon to beg for cash. Just checked now and it's earning him £15'953 a month in donations. He says the patreon money is to make him impartial but really it's unnecessary and greedy imo. Although of course it's people's choice.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone watch James hoffmann? He's a terrible snob and trys all these coffee things that you know he'll proclaim as awful but knows his stuff and can be entertaining in small doses.

Although I think he's a bit shady for having so many views that he earns about £10-20k a month in YouTube ads + sponsored videos for a few more grand and still has a patreon to beg for cash. Just checked now and it's earning him £15'953 a month in donations. He says the patreon money is to make him impartial but really it's unnecessary and greedy imo. Although of course it's people's choice.
My bf watches his videos and starts getting harebrained coffee ideas 🙄 crazy he makes that much off the videos though!

• Haha
I have the Aldi Italian style beans (1.49 for 225g), grind them in a nutribullet each day and brew in a French press for 5-6 mins. Seems cheap for coffee but tastes on par with a medium roast at Starbucks or Costa to me.
The Aldi ones are my favourite, my partner has previously spent tonnes on pretentious beans and I swear these are nicer 🤷🏻‍♀️

We have a Sage Barista Express and it’s the best thing we’ve ever bought. Anyone on the fence - would highly recommend!

I’m an absolute coffee fiend 😂 my daily go to is just my Nespresso which I also use for iced coffee. Best purchase ever! My favourite coffee is nitro cold brew from Starbucks (I’m basic) I also sometimes use my french press

My friend makes his own coffee brand from his garage and has about 10k worth of equipment!

Yel

The Aldi ones are my favourite, my partner has previously spent tonnes on pretentious beans and I swear these are nicer 🤷🏻‍♀️
I've never bought super expensive beans, but paid 4-5 times more than Aldi ones in a supermarket without thinking they're better. I think the Aldi beans are often pretty fresh unlike supermarkets that have loads of brands and could have been roasted months ago. Not many unripe beans either.

I know snobs will say the more you pay the better you get, but often you could be paying for the brand, marketing, packaging etc.

Just went to buy a metal coffee filter and eBay started recommending..
Screenshot_20210408-132247_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ugh I love coffee so much and definitely have some Australian coffee snobbery. But I haven’t yet reached James Hoffmann levels of snobbery. Heaven help me if I ever do!

I get my beans from a local roaster and have a Breville (aka Sage) Barista Pro. Sometimes do stovetop with a Bialetti Moka pot too.

• Haha
I stopped drinking instant coffee and started getting beans from the farmers market and grinding them and using a cafetiere. Now I just get beans from the supermarket, although I paid about £20 per kilo, I needed to cut on spending.

My fave coffee bean is Mocha . I went through a phase of trying different ones from Pumphrey's but I'd always get some mocha as well .