Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
The Aldi ones are my favourite, my partner has previously spent tonnes on pretentious beans and I swear these are nicer 🤷🏻‍♀️
I've never bought super expensive beans, but paid 4-5 times more than Aldi ones in a supermarket without thinking they're better. I think the Aldi beans are often pretty fresh unlike supermarkets that have loads of brands and could have been roasted months ago. Not many unripe beans either.

I know snobs will say the more you pay the better you get, but often you could be paying for the brand, marketing, packaging etc.

Just went to buy a metal coffee filter and eBay started recommending..
Screenshot_20210408-132247_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Yel

Chatty Member
Does anyone watch James hoffmann? He's a terrible snob and trys all these coffee things that you know he'll proclaim as awful but knows his stuff and can be entertaining in small doses.

Although I think he's a bit shady for having so many views that he earns about £10-20k a month in YouTube ads + sponsored videos for a few more grand and still has a patreon to beg for cash. Just checked now and it's earning him £15'953 a month in donations. He says the patreon money is to make him impartial but really it's unnecessary and greedy imo. Although of course it's people's choice.

Reactions: 4

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
And here was me worrying that some weeks I go through two bags of beans 😆

Several varieties of Costa beans are half price at Tesco right now. Only tried the signature blend and not a fan.
costa coffee tastes like someone accidentally spilled acid in washing up liquid and tipped it into the toilet before putting it into your cup.

ive never had coffee that gives me heartburn and a headache at the same time, they should use it as an instrument of torture.

if anyone asks me to meet them for coffee and suggest Costa I cut that fucker out of my life, they’re clearly going to be to person who sneaks into my room at night and puts me under the patio before sunrise.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm so tempted to make a James hoffmann thread - spends a few grand on equipment and then talks of all the parts that need to be replaced or tweaked in order to make a passable cup of coffee 😆

• Haha

Meangirl815

VIP Member
I can't /won't /don't speak to anyone or do a thing in the mornings until I've had my tassimo double espresso

I might as well just inject caffeine into my veins tbh 🙃🙃

• Haha
My partner bought a La Pavoni Europiccola coffee machine from ebay years ago and has replaced a few parts that were looking tired. It comes with a milk frother which works wonders if you like latte or cappuccino.

We also have a separate coffee grinder to grind the coffee beans. It can be a faff using this machine, and tends to feel like a workout when all I want is a coffee first thing in the morning. ☕

8118FEFC-2346-480B-9298-66EAEF41CE4A.jpeg

Reactions: 2

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Such a tragic comment on this thread because I know people can get precious about good coffee 😂

my go-to order is a 6 shot venti Americano but I usually snub the coffee contraption at home and use lavazza prontissimo instant 😂 made with liquorice and cinnamon boiling water, then add almond milk 😋

I worked out I drink close to 3 litres of coffee alone in a day 😶 because I make it in a large mason jug and drink straight from that. Probably need help. In fairness that’s from 6.10am 🤷‍♀️

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
I've often thought about buying a mild roast coffee, then roasting it myself briefly at home to get the smell 😆

I love the coffee roaster thing at whole foods south ken.

• Heart
Inspired by the Tea Time thread - a place to discuss favourite brands of coffee and coffee recommendations and coffee equipment.

Do you aeropress? Do you cafetiere? Do you have a machine? Or do you just love a good instant coffee?! Let's talk coffee ☕

Me personally, I have an aeropress and I now have a Hario coffee bean grinder but tbh it's always easier to just buy the coffee ground 😂I really want to order some more Dark Woods Under Milk Wood coffee. It was served to us in a cafe last year in Ilkley and I loved it so much I bought a few bags. Very expensive though so we only buy it as a treat!
Ha so weird seeing ilkley on tattle (that’s where I grew up 👀)! There are some great coffee shops there.

I have a Delonghi Espresso machine and a Hario hand grinder too - I agree it is a mega faff but I bought 1kg of beans at Christmas which I’m still working through ha. If I’m feeling lazy, I’ll do a French press. Although tbh I’ve got into a very bad habit of getting a morning flat white on my pre work walk...!

Would absolutely love one of those bean to cup coffee shop machines one day but i probs spend too much on takeaway coffee to justify it!

• Heart

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
Yeah, most of his videos are incredibly high quality, especially the ones where he's essentially making a short film. He also says where he's gotten things wrong, which I appreciate. Would be interesting to see the accounts to see how many staff are on the team, how profitable is it etc.

Fancyfeathers

Chatty Member
I do have a dolce gusto which is mainly used for hot chocolates, i use the compatible pods from amazon so get a few like milky way, twix,mars etc but if i drink coffee then its nescafe.

Yel

Chatty Member
the amount he's raking in from ad revenue, sponsorships plus £16k per month over on Patreon?!
It does feel pretty greedy. He's already making loads from the two revenue streams without asking for cash, but people like to give it to him and it's their choice.

He drones on about him giving away the stuff he's used to patreon as if it's a selfless thing. Seems like more advertising for the patreon that he earns a fortune for and is a great way to monetize getting rid of stuff.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Such a tragic comment on this thread because I know people can get precious about good coffee 😂

my go-to order is a 6 shot venti Americano but I usually snub the coffee contraption at home and use lavazza prontissimo instant 😂 made with liquorice and cinnamon boiling water, then add almond milk 😋

I worked out I drink close to 3 litres of coffee alone in a day 😶 because I make it in a large mason jug and drink straight from that. Probably need help. In fairness that’s from 6.10am 🤷‍♀️
6 shots 😁 omg. I do a 3 shot americano at home and thought that was a lot.

• Haha

jarv

VIP Member
Does anyone watch James hoffmann? He's a terrible snob and trys all these coffee things that you know he'll proclaim as awful but knows his stuff and can be entertaining in small doses.

Although I think he's a bit shady for having so many views that he earns about £10-20k a month in YouTube ads + sponsored videos for a few more grand and still has a patreon to beg for cash. Just checked now and it's earning him £15'953 a month in donations. He says the patreon money is to make him impartial but really it's unnecessary and greedy imo. Although of course it's people's choice.
My bf watches his videos and starts getting harebrained coffee ideas 🙄 crazy he makes that much off the videos though!

• Haha

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I have the Aldi Italian style beans (1.49 for 225g), grind them in a nutribullet each day and brew in a French press for 5-6 mins. Seems cheap for coffee but tastes on par with a medium roast at Starbucks or Costa to me.
The Aldi ones are my favourite, my partner has previously spent tonnes on pretentious beans and I swear these are nicer 🤷🏻‍♀️

We have a Sage Barista Express and it’s the best thing we’ve ever bought. Anyone on the fence - would highly recommend!

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
A thread for me :eek:

I have an espresso machine, a bean to cup and a filter machine and I do use all three interchangeably. I try to buy local coffee beans because I like to try and support the local economy but I do buy generic Lavazza/whatever Costco has on offer. We go through a lot of beans so buying expensive would cost me an absolute fortune. Ive got Lavazza Oro beans at the moment and theyre really nice but again only buy when on offer.

For ground coffee for the filter I usually just buy Taylors of Harrogate.

I did use to enjoy perusing the coffee aisle but now that I do all my shopping online its not the same.

Pretty sure I just see sounds now. No wonder my aleep is atrocious

• Heart

JoJo76

VIP Member
Cafetiere with Taylor of Harrogate rich Italian ground coffee. Funnily enough, I just posted in another thread how I love the smell of a newly opened bag of coffee.

jarv

VIP Member
Inspired by the Tea Time thread - a place to discuss favourite brands of coffee and coffee recommendations and coffee equipment.

Do you aeropress? Do you cafetiere? Do you have a machine? Or do you just love a good instant coffee?! Let's talk coffee ☕

Me personally, I have an aeropress and I now have a Hario coffee bean grinder but tbh it's always easier to just buy the coffee ground 😂I really want to order some more Dark Woods Under Milk Wood coffee. It was served to us in a cafe last year in Ilkley and I loved it so much I bought a few bags. Very expensive though so we only buy it as a treat!