The Chateau Diaries - Stephanie Jarvis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree! 😂 If they can’t handle Cat “trashing” their sacred gifts, they shouldn’t send them. Heaven forbid the gifts end up discarded in the barn
What a load of poor givers.......just shows how conditional everything they do tends to be....only Steph’s lilly white hands are good enough! I really hope she calls a stop to this soon.....it makes my teeth ache.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hello! First time poster here! So happy to have found like-minded people, and loathe as I am to shoot a gift horse etc. I am confused by one thing. Surely all the volunteers who have arrived since lockdown (from memory, Selmar, Tomaz, Emily, Gabbie, Kat, David (sp?) and Philip) must have had knowledge of the vlog and been fans to come? So how is Hanni any different? She seems to me an extremely sweet and generous person who is doing her best to help the chateau. That makes her no different from any of the volunteers, apart from the fact, she clearly has some money to be able to help in some more concrete ways than "re-upholstering a sofa". A new satellite!? So that Stephanie doesn't have to vlog from her car?!?! I mean!! So why is Hanni getting more heat than, say, Philip, who has also been accused of having a crush on Stephanie?? Also, he has a touch of the self-serving Tomaz about him, I must say. I have a feeling there's more there than meets the vlogged eye.

I agree with all the posts saying the filming of the gift giving has become unbearable. So much junk too! And that comment of Michael P that Stephanie claimed was Hanni, was very clearly him saying 'appalling art' about the line drawing of that peaky blinders actor. Don't blame him but it just goes to show how fake it is really. They try hard, but it's really gone on too long.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I also agree, the gift videos are outrageous, not to mention boring. I can’t sit through them anymore. We are in the middle of a worldwide pandemic, many people are struggling financially as a result. Watching them open such an exorbitant amount of gifts is in poor taste. I understand she’s merely thanking the generous gift givers, but in my opinion, now is not the time.

• Heart
@chillijam I don't remember a comment by Michael P about appalling art and Hanni getting blamed. Surely his voice is very different to Hanni's so people would realise who said it?

Hello! First time poster here! So happy to have found like-minded people, and loathe as I am to shoot a gift horse etc. I am confused by one thing. Surely all the volunteers who have arrived since lockdown (from memory, Selmar, Tomaz, Emily, Gabbie, Kat, David (sp?) and Philip) must have had knowledge of the vlog and been fans to come? So how is Hanni any different? She seems to me an extremely sweet and generous person who is doing her best to help the chateau. That makes her no different from any of the volunteers, apart from the fact, she clearly has some money to be able to help in some more concrete ways than "re-upholstering a sofa". A new satellite!? So that Stephanie doesn't have to vlog from her car?!?! I mean!! So why is Hanni getting more heat than, say, Philip, who has also been accused of having a crush on Stephanie?? Also, he has a touch of the self-serving Tomaz about him, I must say. I have a feeling there's more there than meets the vlogged eye.
Agree with you on both those points !

Reactions: 2
I understand Hanni is not a volunteer but a paying guest who now rents Michael Pott's appartement at the chateau.
People were only saying that she seems to have a strange perception of her relationship with Stephanie.

@guiltypleasure209572 do we know that Hanni actually bought the satellite? When I watched the video I noticed Stephanie said Hanni ordered it, so she could have just got things in motion and Stephanie paid? It would be an odd thing to gift as surely there's a monthly cost for it.

If she did pay it's another example of boundaries not being clear.

Reactions: 7
Agree there is always more than meets the eye, especially considering we only see what Stephanie chooses to share. Throughout the forum people have expressed genuine concern and puzzlement, rather than criticism for Hanni. Of everyone Micheal Petherick/Trotter is probably getting the most criticism in this forum, followed up by Brenda. We should trust that Stephanie would not feature Hanni if she was vulnerable.

Everyone in the chateau diaries has consented to participating and making certain aspects of their lives public and therefore up to scrutiny.

If Phillippe starts imitating Stephanie and never leaving her side we will notice!

• Heart
@guiltypleasure209572 do we know that Hanni actually bought the satellite? When I watched the video I noticed Stephanie said Hanni ordered it, so she could have just got things in motion and Stephanie paid? It would be an odd thing to gift as surely there's a monthly cost for it.

If she did pay it's another example of boundaries not being clear.
What I don't understand is why Lalande didn't buy a satellite kit for a better internet connection sooner.
They live in a zone blanche (French for a no internet connection area) and this problem is not new.

Could it be that a satellite dish would spoil the external charm of the chateau?

@guiltypleasure209572 I agree that now all the volunteers who want to come to Lalande do it because they know the vlogs and know they will feature in them.
The dynamic is very different from what it was at the beginning of Chateau Diaries.
Stephanie should choose only French volunteers from now on as none of them would know her and her vlogs 😂
Problem : they don't speak English and have no idea that Lalande exists !

Reactions: 8
@guiltypleasure209572 I agree that now all the volunteers who want to come to Lalande do it because they know the vlogs and know they will feature in them.
The dynamic is very different from what it was at the beginning of Chateau Diaries.
Stephanie should choose only French volunteers from now on as none of them would know her and her vlogs 😂
Problem : they don't speak English and have no idea that Lalande exists !
I also think the French are too savvy and too self-confident to work for free! :D

• Haha
Possibly. It certainly won't look very 17e century style for sure.
I've no idea if Lalande is classified as a Monument Historique (the second tier of classification...the first is for places like Versailles!) which I think would mean applying for permission for the addition of something like a satellite dish, but maybe there are local restrictions which require permission which, until now, has been an idea for the future? It does seem strange to have an enterprise which is so heavily Internet-reliant without having reliable/sufficient/any access in the house!

In one of her videos Stephanie said that the château was not classified as monument historique.

Reactions: 5
Lalande is not classified as Monument Historique.
The château itself has no real historical and architectural interest.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.