The Chateau Diaries #95 Some people have a really low bar when it comes to dignity and self respect.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are McDonald's in France nicer than the US? Here in southern California they're sh*t holes.
I've got to assume the nutrition laws outside of the US don't allow all of the chemicals and preservatives which are allowed in the US. Imagine real beef burger, not saw dust fillers....le sigh.

Reactions: 15
Offtopic, to keep the thread working well for everyone that reads it we need to keep it somewhat ontopic - Please read our rules and why they're important
Here Here! I think it's particularly heart warming and not in the least disrespectful. At least it's not sitting in a fireplace in a freezing old farmhouse in France!
Thank you, Ann G. Honestly, I didn't mean disrespect to anyone (especially to those who don't even celebrate Christmas). I wasn't going to post my Gaytivity, but my religious sister and a few Christian friends have said they LOVE it. I guess I thought it it would be OK, but I do live in a Liberal bubble.

Dear Marquis…
Im not religious AT ALL… in fact I usually refrain from even talking about religion since it tends to offend a lot of people when they even hear an opinion that doesn’t match theirs… (not meaning you… just my general experience)

but given the fact that church has pretty much banished gays to eternal damnation, I think the religious gays are well within their right to worship their own way…
Also, wasn’t Christmas created by pretty much confiscating pagan holidays and changing them to be Christianity friendly, despite the fact that Jesus was born mid-summer?

On a more positive note, Canada’s parliament passed a bill to officially ban conversion therapy a few days ago and although it is late… but better than never!

As long as our ideas are not causing harm in this world, we should be free to express them!

love to you all! ❤

Back to our regular programming and trying to find out the brand of Micheal’s belt! 😂
Thanks, oooLaLande, and I think it's Hermés.

Dear Marquis…
Im not religious AT ALL… in fact I usually refrain from even talking about religion since it tends to offend a lot of people when they even hear an opinion that doesn’t match theirs… (not meaning you… just my general experience)

but given the fact that church has pretty much banished gays to eternal damnation, I think the religious gays are well within their right to worship their own way…
Also, wasn’t Christmas created by pretty much confiscating pagan holidays and changing them to be Christianity friendly, despite the fact that Jesus was born mid-summer?

On a more positive note, Canada’s parliament passed a bill to officially ban conversion therapy a few days ago and although it is late… but better than never!

As long as our ideas are not causing harm in this world, we should be free to express them!

love to you all! ❤

Back to our regular programming and trying to find out the brand of Micheal’s belt! 😂
That is not even my point.
Who cares about how the LGBTQ community or anyone else worships? Who cares about the history of the holiday?
My point is, there are people to whom Christmas is a high holiday and their beliefs should be respected, not made fun of, or even bastardized.
If anything is said against the LGBTQ community, I would do the same. I'd stand up against it just as I stand against anything offensive against Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Christians, etc. This time, I stand against the disrespect of people who celebrate Christmas, even if I don't celebrate it. I'm not gay, but that doesn't mean I cannot and should not stand in their defense if they are mocked.

MPK's belt though could be Gucci or a Ralph Lauren! 🤪 We know how much he loves Ralph!

71P+vUslsnL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Thank you, Ann G. Honestly, I didn't mean disrespect to anyone (especially to those who don't even celebrate Christmas). I wasn't going to post my Gaytivity, but my religious sister and a few Christian friends have said they LOVE it. I guess I thought it it would be OK, but I do live in a Liberal bubble.
You're welcome my dear! It's glaringly obvious to me that you didn't mean any disrespect..how could you when you have your creche so lovingly set up? That piglet is priceless! 😊
Though I can see where someone might grab the wrong end of the stick, there are far more upsetting things about the church to get ones knickers in a twist over. A few blocks from me is what we call "the miracle on 34th street"...I call it the nightmare on 34th but I digress...the whole block decorates in a garish, over the top way (a la Baltimore), so much so that people come from all over to see it. The best nativity I ever saw was on that street one year where all the members of the creche were robots. This is in a neighborhood with a church on every 5th corner. Nobody was offended.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I wouldn’t be surprised if MPK’s belt is Ralph Lauren given his obsession with labels. Just when I was warming up to his Christmas video, I’m reminded of his superficial attachment to luxury brands. 🙄 I don’t understand why he does that…Billy doesn’t parade around showing off designer labels. Billy’s straight and maybe doesn’t care about clothes as much, but being gay isn’t a reason for MPK to walk around as a human billboard for expensive brands. It has to be an insecurity issue or something. Billy’s got a chateau and Michael’s got a belt.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Back in my punk-rock skater days, I had a friend of a friend who regularly pissed in the giant pickle vat at work… Mickey D’s. Can’t eat there
Haha, back in my days Macdonalds was one of the few places in France /Italy with real toilets and not just a hole in the ground. Also Air-conditioning. Just imagine... When traveling my mom would always look out for a MD, she also trusted them more to have clean glasses

🐪🐪🐪🐪🐪🐪🐪🐪🐪🐪🐪🐪🐪🐪
Day 24 of tattvent!
I love Lalande most when I am away

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I'll be the sole loner who thought all the fuss and details happening in the guest room was perfect. I'd love to have those thoughtful items if I was staying as a guest. I'm thinking it'll be likely the aunt and uncle will spend time on their own in such a large place like the chateau, not everyone is going to be gathered in the same rooms all the time, and maybe having hermit tendencies myself, the idea of time away in the decorated bedroom isn't unappealing at all. I loved the garland on the armoire and the chocolates . 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It's called a "gaff" because they use gaffer's tape (or duct tape) to tape their business back. Don't ask how I know this.
I must ask. I have been around the block and the only thing that would worry me.... how does one protect that very delicate skin? I'm guessing everything is waxed but even so.... thin skin bits down there🤔 I mean saran wrap but eventually it would slip.... so back to square one

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I'll be the sole loner who thought all the fuss and details happening in the guest room was perfect. I'd love to have those thoughtful items if I was staying as a guest. I'm thinking it'll be likely the aunt and uncle will spend time on their own in such a large place like the chateau, not everyone is going to be gathered in the same rooms all the time, and maybe having hermit tendencies myself, the idea of time away in the decorated bedroom isn't unappealing at all. I loved the garland on the armoire and the chocolates . 🤷‍♀️
I thought it was really pretty too! It's a large enough room that it can have the decor and tree and there is still lots of room. I could never do that in my little house with small rooms, the rooms would be claustrophobic, but in a larger room it was lovely.

I must ask. I have been around the block and the only thing that would worry me.... how does one protect that very delicate skin? I'm guessing everything is waxed but even so.... thin skin bits down there🤔 I mean saran wrap but eventually it would slip.... so back to square one
Pain is Beauty ~ Beauty is Pain

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I wouldn’t have minded the box of sweets, or the Tolkien Christmas book… the rest of those foofy tat can go back to narnia

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Thanks for your nomination @MagpieSassyPants . Please can everyone in the next groupl get your recommendations for threads11 -20 to me so that they are ready for tomorrow's vote? Thanks.

Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 19.43.04.png
Wish I could just PM you on here ... I can help with some of these tomorrow morning (bed time here) if you need. I did some reading on a couple tonight. 12 & 13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.