The Chateau Diaries #8 Nous sommes tous VALERIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure that the upset felt by these gentlemen is more a result of the way they were treated by someone they felt was a friend. I think that this has probably caused them more hurt and anguish than the financial side of the whole sorry situation (although I understand why this would be a sore point.).
I agree with many of you who felt that after the initial charm of the early Chateau Diaries, that as the layers peeled away, it exposed a rather grubby underlayer.
I wasn't a fan of Tomaz, but I suspect that SJ knew exactly what Brenda was doing and may have instrumental in wreaking some kind of revenge.
I am also curious about who the homophobic volunteer was! So many of the male volunteers have been rather effeminate, I suspect that SJ is probably a gay icon.
I believe the volunteer was a woman.

Totally agree with you that SJ was behind Brenda's attack on Tomaz. SJ would never get her hands dirty, but the fact that Gerry Grady openly liked and supported Brenda in that tirade, speaks volumes.

As usual, getting other people to do her dirty work.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
@Heathcliffe here is your chance
Well, the truth is I enjoy playing with danger at times, and I get out of it intact, due to my own ruthlessness. I am not lacking in empathy, not a psycho or narsissist, but I enjoy playing with them. I don't need to protect someone who regularly destroy other people ;) Example being, when unfaithful, I do not pick a sweet, intelligent, empathic woman to play with, no matter how tempting. I do pick a hot, intelligent, fun woman who has a minimum of empathy, and I don't worry about her mental health, as I know she will be standing when I leave. What is in it for me? Fun, excitement. Same at work, I surround myself with people I would not recomend you to have personal relationships with. Some of them I would not even invite home for dinner, as I would not expose my family to them. In my line of work, you do develop some sociopathic skills, or you don't succeed. I have, but I don't want it to change my personality. It is more like a coat I put on for work...and sometimes for play. :devilish:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I think if you’re getting a free house to live in, I’m guessing bills paid for plus food in exchange for looking after a chateau I think that’s pretty fair. If you felt exploited maybe a paid job somewhere else would have suited your situation better.
Typical reaction. It was not about money and it was not about something they did or did not do correctly. But sure, they were the parasites...

I believe the volunteer was a woman.

Totally agree with you that SJ was behind Brenda's attack on Tomaz. SJ would never get her hands dirty, but the fact that Gerry Grady openly liked and supported Brenda in that tirade, speaks volumes.

As usual, getting other people to do her dirty work.
When does something finally becomes a recognizable pattern?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Clara, please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say that the homophobic 'attack' was from the daughter of the elderly electrician who was working on the chapel ? If so, it leads me to think that it was more important to Isabelle and SJ to keep him onside to get the work finished at what I would presume to be a cheap rate,

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Clara wrote that her friends set up the BnB. They have been there 2014-2017, right ? So from 2009 (Dereks death) to 2014 she lived of renting off her apartment in London and the contributions of Nic ?
Her mother, Nic and Michael, plus what she got from her fathers inheritance. When friends visited the chateau they would buy groceries and stock up freezers she would live on, so I gathered.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I wasn’t saying the couple were fake, more that it was actually them giving information under the name Clara. It’s seems like when somebody is embarrassed so they say “I’m asking for a friend”
I was wondering if @TheGreatWonder was also directed here from Brenda's site? (Asking for a friend!:unsure:)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Clara, please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say that the homophobic 'attack' was from the daughter of the elderly electrician who was working on the chapel ? If so, it leads me to think that it was more important to Isabelle and SJ to keep him onside to get the work finished at what I would presume to be a cheap rate,
Her father in law, indeed. Isabelle liked the guy and did not want to throw him out, saying it was inhumane to put him on the street. There are plenty of hotels in the area, I can concur.

Reactions: 7
Can I just say that I am sooo tired of SJ being portrayed by her superfans as some helpless victim who needs the assistance of strangers and their money and their gifts to make it as life for her is so very terrible and struggles as a chat ow owner trying so desperately hard after 15 years to get her place in shape.
I enjoyed the blogs. I started out thinking it was fun to watch. But really after BG attack dog approach to Tattle and the rabid fans calling people Nazis, I am done, just done. This is a 45 year old woman who had made the choice to spend her adult life in France fulfilling her dream being a princess in a castle. She has chosen not to work. She has chosen not to do weddings or events that would pay for the upkeep and changes. She has chosen to remain there irregardless of the lack of monies. She has chosen not to get herself organized and make her dream fantasy a reality and look after the basics of the property and buildings.
I could say so much more in this rant, but what is the point? She will keep manipulating the public with her poor me story and charming them out of their money. It is horrible.
I am just sick of it.

• Heart
  • Haha
I loved the vlogs from the beginning, but started to have doubts about SJ's true character when it came out that she didn't keep up to date with responding to emails. That is just basic courtesy, surely. Ditto sending a prompt thank you to gift givers, and posting promised cards to her patrons.
Also I thought that's what Nati is there for?

• Haha
I also loved the novel and movie in my youth, but for the important lessons about human vulnerability.

I wonder if SJ will come to the same end as the Marquise Isabelle de Merteuil? She randomly has her photo on Instagram... :oops: (that is VERY wierd, as Tourvel is the heroine)

... and will tattle have the same effect as Valmont's letter? (Brenda, are you there, see what you did?)

More importantly, who is the Marquise Marie de Tourvel in this case, or how many "victims" have there actually been????? 😞
Clara, can you enlighten us as to the manipulations à la dangerous liasons that have occurred at Lalande?

I have a feeling that Ruth has some parallels with Cécile, without the happy ending.

I wonder if SJ encouraged her to be behave in the way you described, with the result that the consequences would eventually erode her self-esteem, and she therefore would be more malleable? It would explain why she tolerates MP's bizarre relationship with SJ?

Perhaps I am giving Ruth too much credit, but being outed as promiscuous on the internet is a treacherous thing for a woman, and I only have sympathy for her; not judgement. I suspect that she has been manipulated.

Narcissists encourage people to make decisions that are harmful, sometimes for entertainment, and sometimes for personal gain.

Reactions: 13
Well, the truth is I enjoy playing with danger at times, and I get out of it intact, due to my own ruthlessness. I am not lacking in empathy, not a psycho or narsissist, but I enjoy playing with them. I don't need to protect someone who regularly destroy other people ;) Example being, when unfaithful, I do not pick a sweet, intelligent, empathic woman to play with, no matter how tempting. I do pick a hot, intelligent, fun woman who has a minimum of empathy, and I don't worry about her mental health, as I know she will be standing when I leave. What is in it for me? Fun, excitement. Same at work, I surround myself with people I would not recomend you to have personal relationships with. Some of them I would not even invite home for dinner, as I would not expose my family to them. In my line of work, you do develop some sociopathic skills, or you don't succeed. I have, but I don't want it to change my personality. It is more like a coat I put on for work...and sometimes for play. :devilish:
I’m finding you Heathcliffe far more fascinating than SJ and co!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m a new member and merely trying to stay on the fence. I do enjoy the blogs and see lalande as a very diverse place full or weird and wonderful people from all cultures and backgrounds. I’m just having a hard time as seeing SJ as homophobic, what with lalande being a revolving door for all people fabulous in their own way. There must have been more to the situation, and mere gossip from friends of friends doesn’t hold as fact for me. We need more information!

Exactly that, I saw talk of this website through the lalande fan page and have popped in out of curiosity. Some rather interesting perspectives. I’m sure some things are true and others mere speculation. Either way it’s interesting to see alternative opinions from such avid viewers.

I wonder what the “homophobic attack” actually entailed. Was it physical, verbal?
It wasn't. This volunteer was a deranged woman my friend took pity on, but she repaid his kindness by shouting at him while he was serving breakfast to B&B guest, screaming to him all homosexuals are sinners and should die a miserable death. There, I've said it.

SJ, who wasn't there at the time but got the message through her mother on the phone, later denied it ever happened and my friend made it up.
@TheGreatWonder I refer you to this post by Clara

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Olala, where do you live again?

• Haha
I’m trying to figure out why the members here actually spend so much time and effort in discussing something that clearly upsets them. Maybe the YouTube videos are not something they should be watching. A better thing to do would be to put all the time spent watching and commenting into charitable causes that benefit humanity.
Hmmmmm . 👁👃🐭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m trying to figure out why the members here actually spend so much time and effort in discussing something that clearly upsets them. Maybe the YouTube videos are not something they should be watching. A better thing to do would be to put all the time spent watching and commenting into charitable causes that benefit humanity.
Some would say this thread here benefits humanity! 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Well, I can help with that... what is happening is unconscionable.

Most of us were fans of the vlogs, but eventually began to witness disturbing trends... people commenting on the vlogs that they are giving SJ their SAVINGS. Elderly people, lonely people... people who are trapped in lockdown.

It does remind me somewhat of TV Evangelists exploiting the vulnerable, and when people are very lonely, they can easily become sucked in to something akin to a cult.

This has been a gradual epiphany for many here, but revealing exploitation and avarice is also a great service to humanity.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.