The Chateau Diaries #72 Winter is coming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anna and Philip just stepped in the same trap they all step in...the come out of the city...see a beautifull house and lands...fall in love with it and start dreaming...they mostly are able to buy it....and then the reality kicks in ..those places are not lived in for years properly...no maintenance done...so a lott of costs come their way...its all at a huge scale ..that also doesnt help...A chateau is a moneypit...you need a lott of money to be able to afford it...and its a lott of work...to get it nice... and to keep it nice...in the old days a fortune , land or good income supported the chateau...now they want the chateau to support them....and their lifestyle...we dont live in 1890 anymore..when labour and upkeep were cheap...
That's why Steph has "volunteers"... declared as "dear friends" to the French authorities (if they ask...) !

• Wow
Reactions: 17
You'd think Sarah, the editor, would not just tell her to clean her windshield, but that she should be careful videoing personal things from the places she stays.
At least, it might just result in fewer people allowing her to stay for free in their homes once they see what she's putting in the public domain!

Reactions: 12
Hhm, that's something I wonder about Kirsty.
When I'm working in my house and garden, I always tie my hair and my hair is only chin-length.
lots of men and women like their long hair down-I always with wondered about it being hot and doesn’t it get full of pollen/dust when working outside? yucky-I also put mine up-hate it touching my face

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Time will tell! It will be interesting to see if he even mentions his family in his bromance ‘podcast’, especially as so many of his fans have asked about them, a lot have noticed they have mostly been cut of of the daily Dan since the summer. There’s more footage of the shitoo kitchen than his own unfinished project, ironic as he only works at the shitoo 3 days per week and the rest of the week he vlogs.
Just maybe his family doesn’t want to feature in his blog. Does it matter? You sure go on about it. He can produce what he wants it’s his blog. I’m sure there were quite a few nasty comments in the beginning they decided not to continue with that format. Stop stirring the pot and just enjoy what he produces. Unless you know the facts stop making issues where there are none.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Time will tell! It will be interesting to see if he even mentions his family in his bromance ‘podcast’, especially as so many of his fans have asked about them, a lot have noticed they have mostly been cut of of the daily Dan since the summer. There’s more footage of the shitoo kitchen than his own unfinished project, ironic as he only works at the shitoo 3 days per week and the rest of the week he vlogs.
Annalise does more family stuff on the patreon - not being funny, but someone slagged him off for showing the kids, and now he is getting shade for not showing any family stuff - He reads here, he know every person associated with the shatoo has every move they make analysed and dissected - maybe he has made a conscious decision to keep his family stuff off general viewing apart from a few cute snippets. His vlogs are 5 minutes, he has choices what to show and what not to show and seems to make good ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Percy Attfield Another educational with fun in attention
What an odd sentence from Percy!

Re FRK: I'm getting a bit sick of hearing about all Marie's "dear friends" that she has only known for a very short time. I think most adults have 4 or 5 really good/close friends and then a wider circle of friends and colleagues but I personally would not call just about everyone I know a "dear friend", it would somehow detract from those who really are dear to me, some of whom I have known for very many years! She has put her (presumably long-term) Norwegian friend, whom she was going to live with, in the same category as Nikki, whom she met fairly briefly last year at LL, plus the people in the pottery at Haworth, and also all the chateau owners that she interviewed after meeting them once or twice. Of course, newer friends can also become very close friends but not every single person you meet, surely?

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Marie W latest vlog.

How old is she again ?

Crying because you hurt your ankle (obviously she still could walk) and the 2 dogs you are supposed to mind ran away...

Not sure it was good for her reputation to tell her viewers that she is not even able to look after 2 dogs (one being 15 year old...).

She seems so lost and vulnerable. A pinch and she falls.

Her mother is younger than I would have imagined and seems "normal". So, they met after 2 years in a pub ? Why not.

We know now she's got 1 sister more or less her age (she wished she was with her in the lovely cottage) and 2 much younger brothers.

But Lalande seems the peeerfect place for her : a fairytale chateau far from the nasty world out there.

• Heart
Marie W latest vlog.

How old is she again ?

Crying because you hurt your ankle (obviously she still could walk) and the 2 dogs you are supposed to mind ran away...

Not sure it was good for her reputation to tell her viewers that she is not even able to look after 2 dogs (one being 15 year old...).

Her mother is younger than I would have imagined and seems "normal". So, they met after 2 years in a pub ? Why not.

We know now she's got 1 sister more or less her age (she wished she was with her in the lovely cottage) and 2 much younger brothers.

But Lalande seems the peeerfect place for her : a fairytale chateau far from the nasty world out there.
Tbf I cry about almost everything (and was bullied for years about it) - some people are just like that 😞

• Heart
  • Sad
Anna and Philip just stepped in the same trap they all step in...the come out of the city...see a beautifull house and lands...fall in love with it and start dreaming...they mostly are able to buy it....and then the reality kicks in ..those places are not lived in for years properly...no maintenance done...so a lott of costs come their way...its all at a huge scale ..that also doesnt help...A chateau is a moneypit...you need a lott of money to be able to afford it...and its a lott of work...to get it nice... and to keep it nice...in the old days a fortune , land or good income supported the chateau...now they want the chateau to support them....and their lifestyle...we dont live in 1890 anymore..when labour and upkeep were cheap...
We just moved into our "ranch" (Lol) 3 years ago. It is only 70 years old ( compared to 120 year old former victorian home that we sunk tons of cash into over a 25year period....but we loved it and it was beautiful!!!). This home was built by a brick layer who lived here until he died at the age of 96! A well maintained home by one owner...or so we thought. And though we got it for a reasonable price and we knew it needed a new kitchen, new electrical.....we have now put in at least $6000 just in yard maintenance alone ( trees overgrown, trees taken down, landscaping where there was none) along with a collapsed sewer that was original since 1952 that had to be totally overhauled. Next we are moving on to out building repair and maintenance!!
Altogether we have spent at least $50,000 so far....just bringing basic, important, essential upgrades to our property.
And we are not upper, middle class.
So yes, I am not sure why these young couples don't realize what the immediate and future costs of even basic property ownership entails.
One thing it SHOULD NOT entail is begging other people to foot the bill FOR them.
It is SO getting out of hand.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Interesting and not to derail - but I think we would all like to know why you decided to retire, why you have decided to come out of retirement and does it involve you moving back across country? (If you don't mind answering).
I worked at a large corporation where most of my time there was spent working with software and data. My last 5ish years I learned to facilitate process improvement projects and there was much I loved about that work. Then I was moved to another department and my job went in a different direction. While it was a great opportunity, I didn't want it. When the pandemic hit and the company offered an early retirement opportunity I took it. I moved across country to be near my siblings and extended family again. While there's much that is great about living in a city (Dallas), I'm loving living in a small town in my beautiful home state (Michigan) and near family again. Now that I'm settled I'm considering working again but not sure what type of work I would want to do. Whatever I decide I do not plan to move for a job and I plan to only work part time.

• Heart
What an odd sentence from Percy!

Re FRK: I'm getting a bit sick of hearing about all Marie's "dear friends" that she has only known for a very short time. I think most adults have 4 or 5 really good/close friends and then a wider circle of friends and colleagues but I personally would not call just about everyone I know a "dear friend", it would somehow detract from those who really are dear to me, some of whom I have known for very many years! She has put her (presumably long-term) Norwegian friend, whom she was going to live with, in the same category as Nikki, whom she met fairly briefly last year at LL, plus the people in the pottery at Haworth, and also all the chateau owners that she interviewed after meeting them once or twice. Of course, newer friends can also become very close friends but not every single person you meet, surely?
She is an odd duck, with odd ways, and no life skills to fall back on. She is basically a beggar on the street.
We might as well give her a tin cup and let her pan handle for the house she wants everyone else to give her.

Reactions: 10
Just maybe his family doesn’t want to feature in his blog. Does it matter? You sure go on about it. He can produce what he wants it’s his blog. I’m sure there were quite a few nasty comments in the beginning they decided not to continue with that format. Stop stirring the pot and just enjoy what he produces. Unless you know the facts stop making issues where there are none.
Well he does seem to vlog more than work.I don't like him.Prefer Kirsty.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Marie W latest vlog.

How old is she again ?

Her Mom looks quite young (and beautiful)! I was expecting two brothers near to her age, the boys were young!
When she mentioned her sister, I thought maybe I misheard and she said scissor. It’s definitely sister.
‘Vulnerable’ seems her sales pitch. Her fans expect her to keep wearing it no matter how many free boosts she gets.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Marie W latest vlog.

How old is she again ?

FRK was one of the first CD spin-offs that I dumped. She is so tedious. Unwatchable. I started off interested in her floral ambitions because I used to be a floral designer so we had that in common. She reminds me of the young, fresh-out -of-floral-school things that braved coming into our shop, resume in hand. No experience, but plenty of pics of FTD arrangements. When I was designing, we had huge accounts with businesses, hotels and department stores. That's what kept us afloat week to week. The weddings and events were icing on the cake and it wasn't uncommon to snatch a few $25,000+ weddings in the summer. That was almost 30 years ago. There isn't any hotel or department store floral work, anymore and brides are nowadays shoving weeds into bottles for their wedding decor ala FRK. I got out of that biz just in time, though I still do the occasional wedding for family or friends.

Reactions: 14
Busy with work and life in general. I keep up in background.

Oh FFS!
Why do we have to keep going round this?
Starting rumours and trying to ghost us into thinking what Is and isn't there in a five minute vlog is hilarious.

I think I would puke profusely if I had to be part of the love infestation.
Glad to see your post, mister man!! 😁

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.