The Chateau Diaries #63 A holiday from a holiday, a honeymoon, and two dents in a bed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started liking Anna. It took me a while to get over her 1980s tit-too décor. She has genuine talent as a floral designer (unlike MW). Why she is hitching her wagon to Metherick now is a good question. As the tit-too Turns.
I bet that hideous husband of hers made her .
I hate that guy- yik!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Just like i thought.. its mostly an outdoors event...a tour indoors into the apartments...who are very bare furnished i can say...a buffet and amusement semi outdoors ...lets hope its not too cold and it isnt raining.. ;)
I wonder if she'll take her beloved baggy yellow sweater to pop on over her costume. She seems to feel the cold.

Reactions: 16
I cannot believe its been 20 years too. I watched it live on our tv in Australia and I had to go to a art class the next morning ..... one of the older students had a grandson working in the towers and she was beside herself. That lady never came back to class and I did not want to find out .... her absence said it all.
I was in Paris the next year on that day and the French had two blue towers of light at night in remembrance. It affected the whole world.
Take care NY.
I was in New York exactly the same day the year before. I had to choose between a tour of the WTC or the Empire State building. I chose the Empire and the views were amazing. Bit sad I didn't go to the WTC but we did drive past. Still unbelievable it's been 20 years. The world certainly changed that day.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

not the one you mentioned but interesting
SSB has helped Maaaareeee polish her desires to the point that they shine beyond reality. The HMN has corrupted her. Cart before the horse... I know, we've all read this before (over and over). I hope that she doesn't stay and has finally realized that she actually needs to work, to extend her knowledge through scaffolding (working with others) and actual straight up learning (courses). However, that false shine provided by the La Lande life will surly keep corrupting her. Keep going MW, put in the work fool!
Would Stephanie really want her back? She does the cooking badly, doesn't like being filmed really, and seems quite miserable and grumpy most of the time. Lalande clearly didn't make her happy. Time to move on, and start seriously looking for somewhere to rent and work instead of couch surfing.

Reactions: 16
I started liking Anna. It took me a while to get over her 1980s tit-too décor. She has genuine talent as a floral designer (unlike MW). Why she is hitching her wagon to Metherick now is a good question. As the tit-too Turns.
To be fair, that décor is her mother-in-law's doings so I could forgive her for that.

Anna is one of the hardest of all the workers in the Château universe. So great to see even more of her florals and remember she has inherited all of the interior design choices from her mother in law.
I should have read further before replying to Beau Monde...Sorry!

Reactions: 14
The Barnaby Barford film is called "Damaged Goods". Haven't had time to check but it used to be on YT.

Just did a very quick check, Damaged Goods does not seem to be on YT now, there are a lot of other things with that name but I couldn't see his film. However, if you search with his name, you can see images from the V & A exhibition on YT, it was called The Tower of Babel and he also has a website.
Found the film

• Heart
I was in New York exactly the same day the year before. I had to choose between a tour of the WTC or the Empire State building. I chose the Empire and the views were amazing. Bit sad I didn't go to the WTC but we did drive past. Still unbelievable it's been 20 years. The world certainly changed that day.
Not to derail….
Story Time:
My nanny and I got dropped off at nursery school in midtown (East 55th Street) at 8:25AM. I went up the elevator to my classroom while she went to the nannies waiting room. Thirty minutes later, my mom came by rushing to pick us up. “We’re under attack” she told the other mothers. We got into the car. She was shaking, my nanny was in tears. They were both in their mid-20s—kids! The driver had the radio on. Confirmed. A plane hit one of the towers at The WTC. Lower Manhattan was inaccessible. As we drove north, we could hear nothing but fire engine sirens coming from all directions. The driver took us as far away as he could from Manhattan. By the time we got to a relative’s house in White Plains, NY, the South Tower had already collapsed. Everyone’s eyes were glued to the TV screens in shock and horror. They were all in tears! They were trying to contact the cell of the relative who worked in the South Tower to no avail.

An hour or so later, my dad and sister arrived in White Plains. He ran to my mom, I ran to them, they both fell on their knees to hug my sister and me. Then the adults started talking. Lunch time came, but none of the adults had any appetite, while the kids had Nutella sandwiches and water. The TV was on all day. The planes hitting the towers and the subsequent collapse were on what looked like perpetual reruns. By day’s end, the adults received word that the relative died in the attack. Someone muted the TV. We stood together, all 11 of us in that house. Someone took and lit a memorial candle as a family friend rabbinic student, led us to pray the Mourner’s Kaddish. I listened to the adults as they recited the prayer in perfect Hebrew with a NY accent.

Yitgadal, v’yitchadash shemei rabah…

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Anna is one of the hardest of all the workers in the Château universe. So great to see even more of her florals and remember she has inherited all of the interior design choices from her mother in law.
She is a true professional, loads of talent, beautiful floristry clearly stemming (😜 ) from a sound knowledge and years of experience, and she works her butt off. Admirable!😊!
One of the live chat's comments:
"Stxxxx Mxxx Poetry and Green Arts: What about when Marie comes back maybe she can volunteer her time?"
🤣🤣🤣

REALLY?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Yes.

That's the evening program :

Programme of the Fête Galante at Trianon:

7pm: Welcome with a grand review of the troops, Staff, Cavalry and Infantry, led by Prince Murat, with music by the Napoleonic Battery, a special formation of the Infantry Regiment of the Garde Républican, in the Cour d'Honneur of the Grand Trianon. Welcome glass of champagne under the peristyle.

Then, all evening:

• Self-guided visit of the grand salons and the Empress's flats.
  • Guided tours of the Emperor's private flats (for "Emperor" and "Napoleon" ticket holders only).
  • Interactive period games.
  • Night visit of the Infantry bivouac.
  • Demonstration of period dances, in particular the quadrille, the most popular ball dance in France throughout the 19th century, in the Galerie des Cotelle.
  • Concert of chamber music typical of the Empire period under the Peristyle of the Grand Trianon.
A fireworks display will close the evening. Buffets under the Peristyle of the Grand Trianon.

Dress code: to preserve the magic of this event, it is essential to come dressed in a high quality French First Empire style costume and be wearing it when you arrive at the Palace (all guests must find their costumes by their own means. Please note that all weapons and replicas are forbidden on site). No access will be granted to anyone not respecting the appropriate dress code.

I would be wearing my comfy walking shoes to get around that place. It is HUGE! Will they notice and let me in if I am wearing my Marie Antoinette style ballgown? Even the low heeled shoes of the time hurt my feets!

• Haha
I’m currently staying with friends on the coast in Lincolnshire. We went for afternoon tea yesterday. It was only a little tea shop in the seaside town she lives in but it was lovely.
My friend knows the owner and she was telling us that afternoon tea is really popular now. This woman works her socks off, we went for a beach walk at 8pm last night and she was still open. Lalanders should take note!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 24
With all her negative attributes going for her I am constantly gobsmacked by how she has managed to get her van, travel around to châteaux to elevate herself as a florist and to find free accommodations wherever she goes. Also to get seemingly normal people agree to be tortured by interviewing them.
She was a real smart mouth to SJ there for a long while. Refused to be filmed. Ran and hid away a lot. She treated SJ like she owed her something. Hmmmmm wonder what she has on SJ? They got pretty close.
Then she got her new van and promise of a new life and career and did a complete 180.
She went back to her giggly happy self after that van didn't she? She even started looking better. Talking to Steph like she did in the old days before Steph let Phillip take her the place she thought she would get after MP fled the Vlog. Sint she in France bow to interview Sarah and Steve? she appears to not be able to interview anyone Steph doesn't know

Reactions: 18
Could Andrew be in legal trouble in Spain, and not wishing to show his fanny too much in France?
I spent part of my working life tracking an OG gangster family, and whenever the heat got too hot in Cali, they went to a rough town in Colorado. You'd think it wouldn't work, but lots of junior gangsters, male and female, who would have been locked firmly, and justly, down in juvvy in LA for homicide or attempted murder finished public high school in CO. Without incident and with decent grades.
Plus I wonder how "Andrew" will be able to legally stay in France. He's not European. But I think there is a special status (agreement between the 2 countries) for Colombian citizens on the French territory (no need of a long term visa or something like that).

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I’m currently staying with friends on the coast in Lincolnshire. We went for afternoon tea yesterday. It was only a little tea shop in the seaside town she lives in but it was lovely.
My friend knows the owner and she was telling us that afternoon tea is really popular now. This woman works her socks off, we went for a beach walk at 8pm last night and she was still open. Lalanders should take note!
Which town? I am currently in Lincolnshire near the coast and afternoon tea is one of my favourite things.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.