The Chateau Diaries #63 A holiday from a holiday, a honeymoon, and two dents in a bed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If Anna only appeared of the vlogs i would subscribe for sure...so glad that awfull Edd just popped in for a minute..she for sure knows how to handle flowers...so Andrew stayed at home.. :oops: and he brought Sadie and Florian with him...why is he bringing his fitnessinstructor with him? i guess Andrew stayed at home ....in Madrid...not at Begmania...
I just love Anna. Wasn’t there a time when MW showed up with her fresh picked weeds in tow? Anna is a beautiful floral designer. She could teach her a thing or two or ten. 🌺

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Why the hell is Potts at Versailles? He should be at Monza covering the Italian GP! You, know that job he long converted - being a F1 photographer. Nope, instead he's flouncing around in fancy dress. FFS.

Unless, @Clara Burnett is right and there is more to the ball than celebrating Sir Snorts birthday. Hmmm.
Potts is always about the party. Some of the old vlogs show that he is a wild and crazy guy. But, who knows what these wackos are up to.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I've noticed the same. But I thought that I misunderstood and that she actually mentioned Christie's in London ... But maybe it was New York ?

Anyway, this family has never been short of money !!
A passing thought...many of those people in the care home would have had their exorbitant fees paid by the taxpayer.
Today, many such homes are commonly considered to be little more than grift machines.

Reactions: 9
I also get the feeling....how many times mummy made sure, she ended up in some old persons, without direct family... last will and testament.....i think thats a good start where the money comes from...
I've always thought that, but if they did they must have been clever about it not to fall under suspicion. Same with all the 'decent' pieces of furniture she inherited.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
What on earth does she do with all that money?
I don't see ANY restoration that would cost anything like that much.
She just fritters on unnecessary frou frou that all needs maintenance/cleaning. But still, not to the tune of 20-30K a month.

Where's the efficient, sustainable heating system? Where's the restored terrace and steps? The chapel? Not to mention that appalling back passage and the loo that's been under renovation for the past year (ok, ok, she's just put up £thousands' worth of wallpaper in there. But still no loo and other bathroom fittings...)

A halfway decent project manager would have had that pile pristine and sparkling and full of paying customers after a year.
Well, I think you can clearly see what she does with it. She has been on vacation for the past 2 months? She spends like there is no tomorrow and doesn't care. None of the things on her "list" will get done any time soon. There will ALWAYS be an excuse as to why they aren't and as long as she can string along her gullible patrons it doesn't matter. But I have a feeling the comment about spending all her "expense" money and the opulence of this event might be a tipping point for some. We can only hope!
lrkg4gtxyis11.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
O.k. fellows here is an embarrassing (for me ) question....
Why does Snorts get a camel toe???? Where??? What....?
We ladies get it when our pants our too tight and they creep up "the middle".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Money came probably from the granny farms.
Furniture that Derek bought her could have come from the old people who gave up their household because they had to move into said granny farm. He sat at the source.
Thank you. Been shot down in past for thinking that out loud!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've always thought that, but if they did they must have been clever about it not to fall under suspicion. Same with all the 'decent' pieces of furniture she inherited.
When the person is full of knowledge when they sign the will there is no suspicion....i know some of those cases...people ended up in a home...no family came to visit...so in the end they signed all their possesions over to their caretakers....i think it happens more then you think...

• Sad
  • Sick
I also get the feeling....how many times mummy made sure, she ended up in some old persons, without direct family... last will and testament.....i think thats a good start where the money comes from...
There has to be a disgruntled heir somewhere and the raise is SJ’s ‘popularity’ will be her undoing.

Reactions: 8
I think they will all feel in the morning these kind of parties are a waste of time and money....they always are...
I don't think they will. They are too shallow, dim witted and self-absorbed to regret it...no matter how hung over they are.
They will giggle, and laugh and think they are so very special.

• Heart
  • Sick
Do you know if those are by an artist and ceramicist called Barnaby Barford? He has done some wonderful things with old, broken ceramic pieces including a very amusing film and he also had a great exhibition of ceramic models of buildings in London streets that was in the V & A (he made those).

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Just like i thought.. its mostly an outdoors event...a tour indoors into the apartments...who are very bare furnished i can say...a buffet and amusement semi outdoors ...lets hope its not too cold and it isnt raining
Probably SJ told everyone it was a ball as she thinks that sounds better than a display and it's what she would like it to be.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Probably SJ told everyone it was a ball as she thinks that sounds better than a display and it's what she would like it to be.
I’d be furious if I laid out that much money just to see the pig being taken to market and a few people dancing!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.