Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
BEHOLD, what my mother sent me!
Gossip between two NY society mommies (my mom's friends). 😉😝
Oh, SJ’s taste is so far out, unimpressive and appalling to these NY women!
FD93ADB5-72F0-4993-8F94-1EC23BF95FC6.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I was in New York exactly the same day the year before. I had to choose between a tour of the WTC or the Empire State building. I chose the Empire and the views were amazing. Bit sad I didn't go to the WTC but we did drive past. Still unbelievable it's been 20 years. The world certainly changed that day.
Not to derail….
Story Time:
My nanny and I got dropped off at nursery school in midtown (East 55th Street) at 8:25AM. I went up the elevator to my classroom while she went to the nannies waiting room. Thirty minutes later, my mom came by rushing to pick us up. “We’re under attack” she told the other mothers. We got into the car. She was shaking, my nanny was in tears. They were both in their mid-20s—kids! The driver had the radio on. Confirmed. A plane hit one of the towers at The WTC. Lower Manhattan was inaccessible. As we drove north, we could hear nothing but fire engine sirens coming from all directions. The driver took us as far away as he could from Manhattan. By the time we got to a relative’s house in White Plains, NY, the South Tower had already collapsed. Everyone’s eyes were glued to the TV screens in shock and horror. They were all in tears! They were trying to contact the cell of the relative who worked in the South Tower to no avail.

An hour or so later, my dad and sister arrived in White Plains. He ran to my mom, I ran to them, they both fell on their knees to hug my sister and me. Then the adults started talking. Lunch time came, but none of the adults had any appetite, while the kids had Nutella sandwiches and water. The TV was on all day. The planes hitting the towers and the subsequent collapse were on what looked like perpetual reruns. By day’s end, the adults received word that the relative died in the attack. Someone muted the TV. We stood together, all 11 of us in that house. Someone took and lit a memorial candle as a family friend rabbinic student, led us to pray the Mourner’s Kaddish. I listened to the adults as they recited the prayer in perfect Hebrew with a NY accent.

Yitgadal, v’yitchadash shemei rabah…

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49

LaFrancaise123

VIP Member
This comment in the comments section of Stephanie's last vlog (at Christie's). It's like a soap opera 😅

Sad that these people still don't understand the situation. Slow....

Tania
4 hours ago
Chateau Diaries, I started watching Michael Petherick because you had him on you channel, but lately his channel and patreon has been hit and miss because he went to Spain for a long time and now has disappeared again. I asked the question on his last video "If Michael has stopped creating content can he please tell the 514 people who pay Patreon subscriptions so they can cancel their subscriptions." but it keeps getting deleted. Could you please intervene and ask Michael to let all of his you tube subscribers and Patreons know that the channel will continue or if they need to cancel their subscription.
Show less

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
The Chateau Diaries
The Chateau Diaries

6 hours ago
They did send me expenses, I just blew most of them in Barbados 😉
Sounds suspicious. That's not how multinational, multi-billion dollar companies operate. Who is she fooling?

Companies like Christie's would take care of expenses but will be in control of it. They'd book the flights, arrange the limo services, make hotel reservations (and sometimes, make restaurant arrangements). They don't send cash or e-transfer funds to a guest worker/contractor in advance and let them blow it all away. Smaller companies would let their guest workers/contractors cover their expenses and be reimbursed subsequently.

Again, who are you kidding, Stephanie?

I guess she is fooling herself. She wouldn't know such protocols when she hasn't had a real job in her life.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

silvergirl

Chatty Member
I am feeling sad and salty today. Buckle up Lalande.

View attachment 757312
yeah, rough day. I always think and pray about the firefighters. always going in, when everyone is desperate to get out. my dad was a firefighter. my hero. the things he saw in his life as a firefighter would traumatize the hardest of men. my dad was a softie, a sentimental,
loving soul. he wore his heart on his sleeve and was an amazing cook. I fortunately inherited that gift he had. my dad had to retire after falling through a four story building straight onto his back. he was in constant pain and died at the young age of 68. these men don’t get the credit they deserve nor do they get paid what they are worth for what they put themselves through each and every day.
so to all the firefighters and especially the ones who were there on that horrific day, ❤❤❤, I salute you, you deserve the utmost respect as all of you are the real hero’s...bless you all.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

TheTaxInspector

VIP Member
*** BREAKING NEWS ***

Buckingham Palace issued a statement this morning on behalf of Her Majesty the Queen: "Her Majesty the Queen Elizabeth II formally invites Stephanie Jarvis of Château de Lalande and the Château Diaries to Buckingham Palace in order to advise Her Majesty on the decor at the Palace and the objets d'art in Her Majesty's collections."

The Queen, who is an avid follower of the famous chatelaine's vlogs and who is said to be extremely envious of the château, stated that she intends to have the decor in the palace renovated and can think of no one better for the job than Stephanie Jarvis, an expert on objets d'art at Christie's and one of the world's leading experts on châteaux.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39

T Rex

VIP Member
Hello all. Newbie here, but I have been enjoying reading your posts. I discovered the CD during COVID lockdown, as most of us have, and have witnessed the downward spiral. In the beginning, when it was shot in "portrait mode" from what I presume was a old-school cell phone, SJJ was getting up early to cook breakfast for the B&B guests (although one where she claimed, "It was a B&B guest "fare for yourself" breakfast" definitely was not copasetic.) My initial impression was, "How charming! Someone is restoring a Chateau in France, and is trying to make it into a home and B&B!" Being a DIYer, I wanted to give mad props to her, but this is a 40-something child-woman who is prancing around in nightclothes and stilettos ("Teee heee heee! I'm wearing heels in the mud!" ) If you asked her to grab you a Phillips screwdriver, she'd have BJJ make you a cocktail with vodka and orange juice. Idiot. As a Project Manager, I want to cry- it's more of a "Laugh, Love, and figure it out on the Fly!" SMH. While she and BJJ are away, it is scary how much more productive the Shitoo becomes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
After 20 years of 9/11 retrospectives I honestly don't care what anyone does today, however, the Spike Lee 9/11 episode on HBO was fantastic.
As someone who lost a relative on the 9/11 attacks, I find your comment careless, despicable and offensive. For many of us, it's not just 20 years of historical retrospectives.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37

Jeeves

VIP Member
Oh Jeeves, I watched a documentary on that. It was so devastating for that community. People were truly traumatized by the loss of the children. Warm regards to you.
My brother, sister and I were children at the time, 55 years ago next month. My dad was haunted by a little girl's school shoe that he pulled out of the rubble - identical to shoes that my sister and I had at that time. We didn't live in that area but Dad was asked to take a rescue team to Aberfan. He was there for days. Not on the same scale as 9/11 but heartbreaking nonetheless for a lost generation of children, teachers and villagers in that valley.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Stephanie may have created a monster!
FRK has done a fine job doing that herself and many at the shittoo hate her for it. A lot of SJ's entourage despise her for being so 'in your face' and the friends that the not so elusive Nic (where the hell is he???) is bringing to the ball truly hate her guts. Builder Ian can't stand her either and is not very quite about it, so I gathered. Her only choice after getting the van sorted (major achievement for the poor beggar she is) was to use it to vanish, but it has not been very successful for her so far, has it? She will most likely want to come back, but must realize that she is not in the same tax-position as SJ, no foundation for charity and since she begged for money IN France, she will have to pay her taxes IN France too. And there's the money she "earned" with her almost deadly cooking skills, also done IN France. She best be on her way and hope the government forgets about her, the way all of us will soon enough.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33

Gibson

VIP Member
(Honestly, I really do think the world's actually gone mad.)
The world has gone mad. I look around and despair.
There's always a war. Always a cause. Always poverty. Always the worst of human nature on show everyday.
We endure and prevail and learn lessons.

This weekend I will be thinking of the lives lost 20 years ago and the countless that have been lost since. 💔

• Heart
  • Sad

Linus

VIP Member
If anyone has the time, you can provide timestamps of all the instances that he called people mentally ill (and there are many), and report the video for harassment or bullying content. Reports do add up and can lead to account termination.

1.png

• Heart

Jeeves

VIP Member
As someone who lost a relative on the 9/11 attacks, I find your comment careless, despicable and offensive. For many of us, it's not just 20 years of historical retrospectives.
Time does not lessen the pain of an event of this magnitude. So sorry for the loss of your family member. My late father was a rescue team leader at the Aberfan disaster where a coal tip engulfed a village school. He carried that experience with him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Just got out of the gym, on the other side of the Rockefeller Center/Christie's.
SJ and her Support Squirrel boyfriend must be back in France by now.
I wish I had a paparazzi moment with them!
90D18857-F122-421F-B183-99C7EBDDABCD.jpeg

Shabbat is happening soon! Surely, the fiancee will log on!
I won't be surprised if a new thread starts in less than 24 hours!
You guys are on FIRE!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Having made Tone-Deaf her middle name, I don’t suppose there’s much sense in reminding SJ about California Gov. Gavin Newsom, who could lose his job soon for dining mask-free with lobbyists at the vaunted and extravagantly expensive restaurant, The French Laundry. I’m sure she would not see the similarities anyway with her going to Versailles to enjoy limitless champagne and other extravaganza while the rest of the world mourns the loss of so many precious lives twenty years ago today. After all, only laugh and laughter counts, right? Let us eat cake.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32