The Chateau Diaries #55 How to turn a chateau into a dump in 3 easy steps

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
‘I’ve come to say good-bye,’ said Davey, arriving with my tray in the morning. ‘Davey, don’t go. It’s so comfortable to feel you’re here. Why don’t you stay on in some capacity – comptroller? I think Major Jarvis is leaving us. Take his place – oh do!’ ‘Sweet of you, Fanny, but I couldn’t live with the French. I understand them too well. Besides, I have fish to fry at home.

Excerpt from Dont tell Alfred 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Philip planning launching his channel!
No surprise here but nethertheless I rolled my eyes so far back in my head that I saw where my ears connected. :rolleyes:
I hope he does so he won't have time to be Fanny's "editor" any more!
And yes it will be a flop like FRK's

Reactions: 17
I am still so intrigued to try and discern the Christie's plan in this SJ thing. She has brand value, presentation skills, Yurrupeen product knowledge, well travelled in Yurrup, a big patron and subscriber base, her chateau has a certain provenance (however dodgy it may be), she loves acquiring tat and displaying/hoarding it, willing to try things outside her comfort zone, prepared to be unconventional etc. So how do these things compute into a business plan for Christie's? Purely marketing, some sort of campaign, do they need to reduce inventory, new market segment? It's still somewhat cloudy.

Reactions: 15
Updates:
Michael: 538 on the 8th of August; 548 today
Marie: 158 - €1,374 last Monday; 159 - €1,367 today
Selmar: 22 - €166 on the 2nd of August - 24 - €172 today.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Tastemaker auctions are aimed at interior decorators (who're looking for pieces for their clients) and antique dealers (for resale). These auctions are bulk sales of good quality antiques and none of the lots are 'star items' that would create buzz for the sale alone so they need to invite personalities to pick their favourite pieces and style some vignettes for promotion.

The problem with these bulk sales is that the professional audience know the prices and will not bid extra, the prices tend to remain reasonable, so hopefully she can lure in some gullible patrons and attract new beginners to pay their dues (for the learning experience.)

Steph is not the first enthusiastic amateur invited to have this honour. Christie's will not allow her to fail, so she should just enjoy the ride. I hope Steph uses this opportunity to learn and cultivate her taste. It'll be interesting to see where she's going to spend her quarantine though. Where is the private jet? The luxury beachfront mansion in Antigua? I've been so disappointed of her patreons, the visitors at dinner table have been ordinary fun loving people, racy Cara turned out to be a sissy, where are the filthy rich name dropping parasocial sycophants that crowd her comment fields?
Exactly! Where is Michael Morrison with his private plane when he is needed? and what about his multiple residencies? :unsure:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Exactly! Where is Michael Morrison with his private plane when he is needed? and what about his multiple residencies? :unsure:
I was thinking the same thing. Surely Michael Morrison has a residence on Central Park South where Stefanny could camp? He could also introduce her to all of his extremely influential imaginary friends. I can't wait for the excuse why he can't meet up with her. 🤗

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I am still so intrigued to try and discern the Christie's plan in this SJ thing. She has brand value, presentation skills, Yurrupeen product knowledge, well travelled in Yurrup, a big patron and subscriber base, her chateau has a certain provenance (however dodgy it may be), she loves acquiring tat and displaying/hoarding it, willing to try things outside her comfort zone, prepared to be unconventional etc. So how do these things compute into a business plan for Christie's? Purely marketing, some sort of campaign, do they need to reduce inventory, new market segment? It's still somewhat cloudy.
I’d say it’s just to attract her hoardes of US viewers to their online sales. When they discover her viewers think handknits and preserves are adequate gifts to send this tastemaker, they will realise her pulling power isn’t what they had once thought 😜

Reactions: 18
The grass will soon stop growing as autumn approaches and still no replacement belt for the mower.
50 euros for a new belt is too expensive...the seller has to pay...at quite a delay..i bet there are exeptions to where the dealer has to replace the belt...but paying 600 euro for a dress is not too much money..we all know where her priorities ly...not at her crumbling dumpshittoo...

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’d say it’s just to attract her hoardes of US viewers to their online sales. When they discover her viewers think handknits and preserves are adequate gifts to send this tastemaker, they will realise her pulling power isn’t what they had once though
Someone should suggest to the relevant person at Christies that she watch some gift grabs and also take a look at the crap on the walls at LL.

Reactions: 16
Wow. I would love to have the budget to stay there. How fantastic. Lucky Philip. Hardly the gift you would give an employee. This is a gift for your lover surely?
Your cameraman for the all access backstage vlogs Christie is giving them, per Patreon video.

Reactions: 7
But how did she spread the rumour?Is it just them holding hands in the village?which friends and family members?
Everyone I know from her crowd, some of them have been there lately or talked to her, they all say SJ and BJJ are a couple. But you don't have to take my word for it or my hunches. it's just that I feel it's odd she keeps things that are about life laugh and laughter a secret. Like also the hospital episode. Why is it so important it is not revealed?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I was thinking the same thing. Surely Michael Morrison has a residence on Central Park South where Stefanny could camp? He could also introduce her to all of his extremely influential imaginary friends. I can't wait for the excuse why he can't meet up with her. 🤗
oh I think he is coming down with something-he has a slight fever and cough -oh no-maybe it’s COVID-yep I’m sure it is-he’ll need to start quarantining the day Fanny & Nutkins arrive in NY-when is that you ask-oh its soon I forgot the actual day

Reactions: 13
Everyone I know from her crowd, some of them have been there lately or talked to her, they all say SJ and BJJ are a couple. But you don't have to take my word for it or my hunches. it's just that I feel it's odd she keeps things that are about life laugh and laughter a secret. Like also the hospital episode. Why is it so important it is not revealed?
Probably something embarrassing,she needs time to think of something.stds?😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Christie's has seen which way the wind is blowing with using influencers, vloggers and Instagram darlings of the moment. They're capitalizing on name recognition....albeit not widely known names in some cases, in order to move the merch.
Most everyone moved online in the past 2 years so it kind of makes sense. This will be a one time deal for Fanny as there are too many others out there already in line for their taste maker's slot.
why does anybody who wants to buy something needs a tastemaker..when i see someting nice i am already the tastemaker in my mind...when i see her act...in some rediculous dress...my taste will sure be over... Christies did no research...or did she pay them....to act there??

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.