The Chateau Diaries #55 How to turn a chateau into a dump in 3 easy steps

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dan's food looked wonderful for a Summers Evening, unpretentious, fresh and clean on the plate. Spot on.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
:confused:Having a sad moment. I have enjoyed Fern Weston Bennetts family journey in the South of France vlog. It was clear a while back Sadie in France was forming a connection and also that Sadie said she wanted to go there soon (Nice) Money for Mo vlog revealed plans for a Nice visit. So basically I watched Fern;s latest vlog and she apparently had run out of tea bags - remembered that she could make a brew with loose leaves and credited that light bulb moment to teabegs vlogs, Does a shout out to the Doing it to Ourselves in the vid and in the description. So maybe she only watched the making a pot of tea vlog, missed the begging and Go Fund Me a cottage nonsense - regardless, she is British and a brew in a pot would not be news to her - the chance to meld that with a shout out - is planned. Sorry Fern, unsubscribed. You were on a good thing, doing your own thing. :(
Fern is that horrendously tacky blonde with kids?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Is that Dan’s father in the video? I had difficulty understanding him at times. Accent, background sound and the sound was a bit garbled.
I am amazed that they don’t wear gloves when prepping food especially raw chicken.
I always wear gloves when handling raw meat.

Reactions: 3
Is that Dan’s father in the video? I had difficulty understanding him at times. Accent, background sound and the sound was a bit garbled.
I am amazed that they don’t wear gloves when prepping food especially raw chicken.
"There is no scientific evidence that proves glove usage is better than hand washing. Especially in the prevention of cross-contamination. The reality is that gloves give you a false sense of cleanliness. You cannot feel dirt or greasiness on a gloved hand. Which means that you change gloves less often than you would wash dirty hands."

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
come on folks let’s leave Hanni alone-if she has been sick or still is with long haul COVID or some other problem let’s cut her some slack-if she at some point appears recovered and participating in the shenanigans then she will be available for scrutiny-but right now she seems unwell and fragile-it is unseemly to have a go at her

• Heart
Reactions: 36
"There is no scientific evidence that proves glove usage is better than hand washing. Especially in the prevention of cross-contamination. The reality is that gloves give you a false sense of cleanliness. You cannot feel dirt or greasiness on a gloved hand. Which means that you change gloves less often than you would wash dirty hands."

That is true but if you are trained properly than you are (hopefully) using gloves safely. Re: Servesafe practices(Food Service Industry standard practices).
I have been horrified by food vendors using gloves to handle food and then handle money.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Anneliese’s dad, who is a fellow chef. I think he is Welsh, going by the accent.

Reactions: 12
Father in law.

Reactions: 5
So SJ wasn't able to wallpaper the downstairs loo. Can you imagine trying to squeeze down that narrow passage to the toilet area? Brushing up against those narrowly enclosing walls along the way? All those fingerprints on the expensive wallpaper? ICK. She should TILE those walls, NOT paper them. Something that can be wiped down, for fucks sake. Not that anything gets wiped down in the Shitoo. GROSS.
that is an excellent point! it’s weird-hadn’t thought of that but it’s true-nothing surface wise can be throughly sanitized-and ever human in that place (and many non-human) would be going into that tiny space-all those dirty workman-why hasn’t she had a port-a-potty for the workman? or has she and I missed it- (I’m not in the habit of looking for outdoor toilets)-maybe Dan the Man in Rural France can let us know

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I can't be the only one who finds SJ's personal life incredibly boring, can I? I've been skimming past so many posts.

I do think she's nuts to travel to the US. Aren't we back to being the worst country with covid now?

On a side note: I adopted a new cat today. Curbside adoption so I couldn't meet her first, just picked the one who had been there the longest: February! She growls when she's happy plus a lot of attitude; we should get along fine.
congratulations on the new furry friend ❤ for adoption

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Next stop aromatherapy. I am looking forward to FRK's YT diy... joint rolling and sage smudge sticks.

View attachment 721260
It would be a big mistake and quite dangerous if she starts giving advice to her fans on how to use essential oils without knowing them. Although they are sweet smelling, they are powerful.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

I have been preparing meaĺs with raw meat(human grade of course and supplemented ☺) for my dogs and cats for years now without gloves and as long as you keep everything clean you won't have any issues.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I am so happy I have Begtherick blocked on youtube, he doesn't come up in my recommended anymore. I think I watched one video ages ago and I have always found him to be smarmy. To me, SquirrelNutkins is an upgrade. I have never given FRK a view, either. Anywho, glad y'all fill me in on their ineptitude!

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.