The Chateau Diaries #51 Peeing on Dan's marbles instead of polishing their own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
We have successfully traced much of our family back through several generations but sadly drew a blank on a large chunk of my maternal grandfather's early life. He was born in Lisbon Falls, Maine as his parents had emigrated to the US from Waterford, Eire. The family later returned to the UK and Grandad fought in the first World War. He passed through the Menim Gate at Ypres and later was gassed at Langemark and taken to a casualty clearing station. (We were able to visit the Church where the clearing station was based.) Although he survived the war, he remained in poor health and was an invalid for some years. He died in middle age, just before my mum was married. Unfortunately due to a fire, we have been unable to trace any records of the family's time in the US. Sadly the one remaining relative in Pine Falls died many years before we began the quest. Someone living in Maine (through Ancestry.com ) kindly offered to see what they find out but were unsuccessful due to the records destroyed in the fire there.
I suppose the moral here is don't leave it to late to start your search and take the opportunity to question your older relatives while you have them.

When doing your family history please be aware that quite a few babies were born' the wrong side of the blanket' ! Remember that song lyriic 'Your daddy ain't your daddy but your daddy don't know' ! 😱
The other hiccup can be through unofficial adoption in families that was fairly common then.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Ruthywiter and Potty are posting their Italian pics. Was this trip paid for by generous patrons or gifted travel vouchers???

View attachment 704623View attachment 704625
ruthywriter
Golden hour over the rolling hills of Tuscany ❤. This romance novel writes itself
ruthywriter
@vfh12 here for a week. Been my dream to go to Tuscany!
michael_potts_photography
Siena, Piazza del Campo
It occurs to me Michael Potts' photography style is the way he sees SJ -- flattened, saturated, commodified, panoramic and altered. It's a curious trophy-taking and very cliched vision of the world designed to sell, not to apprehend the truth. One of my old boyfriends was a photojournalist, a really good one. He considered it not sporting to alter a photograph in any way. Cropping pissed him off.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It occurs to me Michael Potts' photography style is the way he sees SJ -- flattened, saturated, commodified, panoramic and altered. It's a curious trophy-taking and very cliched vision of the world designed to sell, not to apprehend the truth. One of my old boyfriends was a photojournalist, a really good one. He considered it not sporting to alter a photograph in any way. Cropping pissed him off.
Packaging is what catches the eye, maybe more than the real product.

Reactions: 9
Oh I agree - and I have been so patient with Selmar's vlogs because I know he is editing them in a van. Yet he loves the long take on the bloody obvious. BUT if I had any spare cash I would throw it at Selmar - he needs to get out of there. He has done work.
A bit veeeery slow, yes. But at least he doesn't WAFFLE on and on about blooms and WOW and stunning and weed foraging, and polishing coal scuttles, and look,here, I am buying antiques and there is another piece of tat for my Gardener's(?) cottage.

Reactions: 15
Ruthywiter and Potty are posting their Italian pics. Was this trip paid for by generous patrons or gifted travel vouchers???

View attachment 704623View attachment 704625
ruthywriter
Golden hour over the rolling hills of Tuscany ❤. This romance novel writes itself
ruthywriter
@vfh12 here for a week. Been my dream to go to Tuscany!
michael_potts_photography
Siena, Piazza del Campo
Srsly, how far up your ass does your head need to be to look at Tuscany and think romance novel?
I was just thinking yesterday how deeply depraved Steve and Sarah's workshop proposal was, to pay €2500 to go sit with Sarah and three other dementoes in a rented chateau deep in isolated France, sewing my Disneybound costume? Disneybound being where you choose regular clothes to invoke Disney characters, the universal availability turned to fetish by styling being the whole effing point. Not sewing them yourself. I'm really going to give you all that money to go to France to sew Target jeans? Not to mention the whole idea that France itself is Epcot Disneyland. As opposed to the truth, which is the opposite, that Disneyland is Epcot France.
Which is where @ruthywriter Potts and all the ETTC grifter chateau pirates live.
Here, by the way, for those of you interested in fascist aesthetics, is one of the central texts.
Amazon product

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thank you for your post. I have always found it interesting that he has listed Lalande as a client with no mention of his part ownership. Was your work a gift or were you paid Michael Potts??? Another gem I came across awhile back, was his review of Lalande for google. Again, no mention of being a part owner. Way to go MORONS!!!!

Michael Potts3 years ago on
Google

5/5
What a fabulous place to stay!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm not sure that Fanny is claiming that she's a chaste or chased woman!

Anyway, time for Thread 51 caption competition.

Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 13.32.49.png

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Thank you for your post. I have always found it interesting that he has listed Lalande as a client with no mention of his part ownership. Was your work a gift or were you paid Michael Potts??? Another gem I came across awhile back, was his review of Lalande for google. Again, no mention of being a part owner. Way to go MORONS!!!!

Michael Potts3 years ago on
Google

5/5
What a fabulous place to stay!
More genius sleuthing, Keeks. Such good food for thought as well as evidence-based policing, the only kind that counts. Thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
"Of course we have one of these at Lalande - I told the hoi polloi that Thor had lost his feathers but my need was greater than his. Sacrifices had to be made."

Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 13.32.49.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I just posted a rant about a girl named Sadie… and then deleted it! Why? Well, I posted as I was watching the end of her vlog and then she started talking about Mo’s fundraiser for oxygen ect… I should have waited… how manipulative and low. Why the hell did I just watch a vlog about someone exaggerate the efforts of doing laundry and then beg, beg, beg (apologies- I mean, extend
their “income”🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦.

So, SSB sees herself just like a Chinese accountant, sleeping where they work. NOT FUNNY Stephanie! She’s like a lost puppy there, in this amazing place that his full of incredible artifacts and touching history. What a terrible edit here… just a mere minute or so after Ivo Fornesa describes how his father-in-law, wife and family lived in a concentration camp for 7 years. Oh man… even with that, she interrupts him and places herself in the centre.

couldn’t finish either of the vlogs I was so mad-

starting with Fanny the Horse flopping around in heels in an ancient home: the way she insinuated the historical artifacts to be simple decor choices-so odd and dismissive (and why he has he so many? don’t we wonder if some belong back in country of origin?-discussion for another time perhaps) although I wasn’t comfortable with Ivo’s collection I am impressed he has some knowledge-though I’m not sure it’s all correct and I am not interested in researching his claims because 1-I’d need to remix the audio to fully understand him and 2-I can’t with these people anymore

and to the ridiculousness that is Sadie, Sadie The Begging Lady: blech she deserves nothing-she wants it-work for it like the rest of us-but I wouldn’t mind the fancy sheet pressing device-oh and Sadie dear ask your sister-in-law for an elevator (the Strawbridges have one) so you aren’t hauling the heavy laundry bag up 5 flights or better yet get yourself an Andrew to do it for you

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
We have successfully traced much of our family back through several generations but sadly drew a blank on a large chunk of my maternal grandfather's early life. He was born in Lisbon Falls, Maine as his parents had emigrated to the US from Waterford, Eire. The family later returned to the UK and Grandad fought in the first World War. He passed through the Menim Gate at Ypres and later was gassed at Langemark and taken to a casualty clearing station. (We were able to visit the Church where the clearing station was based.) Although he survived the war, he remained in poor health and was an invalid for some years. He died in middle age, just before my mum was married. Unfortunately due to a fire, we have been unable to trace any records of the family's time in the US. Sadly the one remaining relative in Pine Falls died many years before we began the quest. Someone living in Maine (through Ancestry.com ) kindly offered to see what they find out but were unsuccessful due to the records destroyed in the fire there.
I suppose the moral here is don't leave it to late to start your search and take the opportunity to question your older relatives while you have them.

The other hiccup can be through unofficial adoption in families that was fairly common then.
Waterford did have alliances with the Irish independence movement. It may be rewarding to research this history.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Well… this goes a bit far in time

It’s about Stephan and Nicole and Chateau d’Humieres

I know Stephan, I’ve been with him a while enough to know:
That I doubt he was into Nicole at any moment.
he was married and divorced by the time of the program, he has 3 children, he was remembering a Spanish ex, someone before his wife, he kept photos of, I couldn’t stand it.

He bought the castle, it’s not from his family, his mother never met Picasso, not by far, I have been told other things about his mother in the village. His parents were dead and he seems to have a stepbrother.
The part of the castle that is missing felt, there was no money to restore it before it happened. Sometimes he was working on the castle himself, he doesn’t need an interior designer, he knows what he does, so Nicole was there just because
He is not an architect, did he say so? He told me with no shame that he didn’t finish university. Actually a title is not needed for success, as he said and is true

Stephan has always been involved in real state, he put his money in his projects, but couldn’t save or make a real profit, because before he got the profit he was promising it to someone else, to try a new business, he tried boats, building apartments, restoring houses. Always in debts and I know a few who he left his debts to, @Hercule P you are right, fishy. I know a person who has to pay for a few thousands and had it difficult thanks to him.
Many assets, no cash and tried to find investors all the time or a rich woman he used to joke, perhaps the program gave him money or not and as soon as he noticed it he dissapeared, he has too much to hide to be in the spotlight
He was afraid of opening the door ‘cause he feared an eviction’s demand. His wife had to live this and worry about opening the door in the wrong time.
He wants a wealthy woman or a model, but can’t afford the latter, apparently when he had it, the Spanish girl, she ran away, he was feeling guilty about something with her, don’t know what it was.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
K8ndle

Acidic soil produces blue blooms, alkaline soil pink. You can try to change the colour, some people add iron nails, there are even products on the market, but basically it is only temporary as rain will wash any substance away. Hydrangeas are like the litmus paper of the plant world.
K8ndle? is this code for something? did @MojoDublin give us an assignment?

Hydrangeas are an important decorative yard decor here (huge hydrangea festival circuit)-but I can’t grow them for anything-it’s my goal next year to get several more but I need COLOR-white ones are easy but I can’t get blue, pink, or purple-🥺

• Haha
Reactions: 4
K8ndle? is this code for something? did @MojoDublin give us an assignment?

Hydrangeas are an important decorative yard decor here (huge hydrangea festival circuit)-but I can’t grow them for anything-it’s my goal next year to get several more but I need COLOR-white ones are easy but I can’t get blue, pink, or purple-🥺
Hydrangeas are really easy to grow from cuttings. I have taken cuttings from a lovely deep, deep blue hydrangea that my daughter has in her garden and it's flowered true to colour. My favourite is a gorgeous green- white variety that is perfect in flower arrangements. (Eat your heart out FRK. Disclaimer, I'm not a florist but did several courses at night school.). I'm currently propagating a lace cap hydrangea for my DiL that originally came from cuttings from my Great Grandmother's garden and has passed on through my Grandmother, my mum, my sister and I, then then to our children.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.