The Chateau Diaries #51 Peeing on Dan's marbles instead of polishing their own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Rolling Stones do a song about a manor house and the goings on in it, including the line "a score of hare brained children, locked in the nursery". Kinda gives a perspective.
"Live With Me". - although I am of course far too young to remember this!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The Rolling Stones do a song about a manor house and the goings on in it, including the line "a score of hare brained children, locked in the nursery". Kinda gives a perspective.
Great thread idea!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
damn it @purejuice now I’m gonna need to drive 20 minutes to the library (ours is closed for major renovations) to seek this book out-I’d buy If I had the extra $ -you know I love all things fascist-no not in that way-argh you know what I mean
You're so sharp on these matters of -- political aesthetic? Sussing out the power play grift in these ever-more-scripted vlog poses. I count on your beady eyes.
This is a good book. It changed my life. The writer has no clue that what she writes about -- Disney's unbelievable diligence not only on crowd control but aesthetic policing -- is absoutely fascist spectacle even better than Speer and Sironi (Mussolini's art guy).

• Heart
Reactions: 5
O.k.....let's do "Rock, Paper, Scissors" to see who is gonna take one for the team and watch the PRE RECORDED GAG episode today!!!!
I could care LESS to see the shite they receive but am nosey to see you shows up.

Selmar????? Before he left to search under rocks for his beloved Titti???

Whippersnapper???? But of course!!!! She can't blink without that asshole being by her side snorting. ( if he has a cold that could be REALLY gross😝)

Nutti....please read above notation

Davy???? WHERE IS HE?? WHICH WAY DID HE GO? WHICH WAY DID HE GO?

CARA?????? Now THAT might be interesting!!!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
"Of course we have one of these at Lalande - I told the hoi polloi that Thor had lost his feathers but my need was greater than his. Sacrifices had to be made."

View attachment 704749
The born again Virginia the 1st,modelled on the famous Elizabeth the 1st. She who resists all pr*cks and wears them as conquests upon her head.
Bow down before her and marvel at her unchanged visage.

Rule, Stephtania,
Stephtania, of Lalande,
Will that Shitoo never ever, ever be so grand?

Quae stirpibus exit ab.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Hmmmm, a key element of ongoing field notes on ETTC Chateau Grifter Style: History is decor.
This is super fascist. While fascists make a fetish of the past, of going back to it, it is an idealized past basically free of you know, union wages, female literacy, free enterprise, and black people. Fascists actually are mid century modernists in the architecture and taste department, see Speer's design for the spectacle for Triump of the Will, Mussolini architecture in general and his wonderful planned city in Africa, Asmara. A lot of them were veterans of Italy's WWI motorcycle brigades, think Guzzi.
But of course history is decor, deployed to convey a family history you were not born to. The only person I know born to an old pile who actually seems to get it is Charles Spencer, who with his new book has cottoned onto the fact all these old places are built on the bones of dead children, sisters, bastards, slaves and unimaginable calamities. Do you decorate your house with pictures of Auschwitz victims? No? How about art stolen by the Nazis? Lord Elgin? Prince Charles?
difficult to separate the provenance from the item

this is why I get unnerved by collectors collecting artifacts for themselves-things that belong in museums or used for education-I also realize it’s possible items in these collections might have been lost if not for certain people having an overwhelming need to posses-it’s just disheartening to see items removed to a place where few will have the chance to explore their importance in history

btw: current read

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The born again Virginia the 1st,modelled on the famous Elizabeth the 1st. She who resists all pr*cks and wears them as conquests upon her head.
Bow down before her and marvel at her unchanged visage.

Rule, Stephtania,
Stephtania, of Lalande,
Will that Shitoo ever, ever be so grand?

Quae stirpibus exit ab.
You never fail to come up with the goods! 👏👏👏👏👏
Arne would be proud of you.

Quae stirpibus exit ab.
Isn't she looking for a suitable engraving to grace her planned Juliet balcony over the front door? This would be Paar-fect!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I wasn’t comfortable with Ivo’s collection I am impressed he has some knowledge-though I’m not sure it’s all correct and I am not interested in researching his claims because 1-I’d need to remix the audio to fully understand him and 2-I can’t with these people anymore
It really would make this episode more rewatchable if it were correctly subtitled. The autogenerated subtitles understood less of Ivo than I did. The opium paraphernalia knowledge alone would make me watch again if it were subtitled. Auto subtitles thought this was a drug deal?

222275414_383939309739842_1226024017749135927_n.png

• Haha
Reactions: 15

this is why I get unnerved by collectors collecting artifacts for themselves-things that belong in museums or used for education-I also realize it’s possible items in these collections might have been lost if not for certain people having an overwhelming need to posses-it’s just disheartening to see items removed to a place where few will have the chance to explore their importance in history

I just downloaded it from https://z-lib.org/ and will read later. Never been an interest of mine, but one is never too old to learn.

Cara has just posted on Instagram to say that this is her last day at Lalande.
So much excitement in anticipation for a three week stay. Lasted 9 days. I really would like to know if she was pushed or she jumped. Hope she is OK.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
From the comments of yesterdays CD flog...
Robin, are you Anna or Peter??? :unsure:

Robin
10 hours ago (edited)
Stephanie, There is a British couple named Anna and Peter who had a Chateau and lost it due to the pandemic ruining their careers. They are sweet, creative, slightly eccentric, seemingly wonderful people— just like yourself and all the good souls you attract to Lalande. This is a stretch—a long shot— but they just filmed their last day at their Chateau, after putting their hearts and souls into refurbishing it, and are absolutely heartbroken that they had to sell it due to this wretched pandemic. It appears to me they could use some local friends, and a big dose of camaraderie and support. They are moving to a country home, somewhere in southern France. I just thought perhaps you could reach out to them, watch their channel, and send them some words of encouragement, or perhaps invite them to Lalande for a day or two. You are inarguably the “Queen” of Chateau owners, and have such a big heart. I watch their channel and they seem like such lovely, warm, interesting people. It has been hard watching their heartbreak. I thought of you and imagined how your reaching out to them, being that you have so much in common, might be an awesome thing. ❤
miriam taylor
4 hours ago
Their Channel is called" Its a wonderful Life," I think they are moving nearer to Her than the south of France. I was in floods of tears watching this vlog this morning!
The Suburban Chateau
1 hour ago
I’m afraid to watch their latest vlog- my heart aches for them.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
K8ndle? is this code for something? did @MojoDublin give us an assignment?

Hydrangeas are an important decorative yard decor here (huge hydrangea festival circuit)-but I can’t grow them for anything-it’s my goal next year to get several more but I need COLOR-white ones are easy but I can’t get blue, pink, or purple-🥺
I think my clumsy fingers hit something on predictive texting and it popped up. Lol!
Hydrangeas, I buy ones that are sold as blue or pink. They adjust their colour according to your soil. I have a white one in the same soil as my blue, but white varieties usually stay white whatever your soil.

• Haha

There's a way of thinking about collectors and war trophies that I think is pretty cynical, but, also, real. It may be Marxist or Frankfurt school. It's very sophisticated and post-modern and brainiac French philosophy, which I couldn't get even when I had more than one brain cell. For example, like how collections of plants in botanical gardens established by the Brits in Singapore were established to colonize, and police, and conform to capitalism, knowledge as well as agriculture.
Hope you're enjoying Paxton, he strikes me as of your ilk, really beady-eyed and on point on political psychology. Let us know where you see SJ.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Auto subtitles thought this was a drug deal?
In all the screenshots of SJ and Ivo in that vlog, she's using those dreadful, unnatural claw-like hand gestures. WHY does she do that?

It's a shame he wasn't selling anything, she would have spent a fortune and bought all the hats and helmets for the costume cupboard. Judging by IJ's comments, she may have pursued Ivo if he hadn't got a wife and if she'd met him before she met Percy. A well-travelled rich aristocrat, what a catch, maybe for Steph if not for Mummy. Shame about the wife!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I think my clumsy fingers hit something on predictive texting and it popped up. Lol!
Hydrangeas, I buy ones that are sold as blue or pink. They adjust their colour according to your soil. I have a white one in the same soil as my blue, but white varieties usually stay white whatever your soil.
my soil is quite sandy but apparently they do well in it-I am not deterred! I will try agin next year and the one after if need be-plus now I know the flowers can be quite different in shape-love the cone shaped ones-need variety in color and shape and texture-my brain gets bored with the same old same

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
From the comments of yesterdays CD flog...
Robin, are you Anna or Peter??? :unsure:

Robin
10 hours ago (edited)
Stephanie, There is a British couple named Anna and Peter who had a Chateau and lost it due to the pandemic ruining their careers. They are sweet, creative, slightly eccentric, seemingly wonderful people— just like yourself and all the good souls you attract to Lalande. This is a stretch—a long shot— but they just filmed their last day at their Chateau, after putting their hearts and souls into refurbishing it, and are absolutely heartbroken that they had to sell it due to this wretched pandemic. It appears to me they could use some local friends, and a big dose of camaraderie and support. They are moving to a country home, somewhere in southern France. I just thought perhaps you could reach out to them, watch their channel, and send them some words of encouragement, or perhaps invite them to Lalande for a day or two. You are inarguably the “Queen” of Chateau owners, and have such a big heart. I watch their channel and they seem like such lovely, warm, interesting people. It has been hard watching their heartbreak. I thought of you and imagined how your reaching out to them, being that you have so much in common, might be an awesome thing. ❤
miriam taylor
4 hours ago
Their Channel is called" Its a wonderful Life," I think they are moving nearer to Her than the south of France. I was in floods of tears watching this vlog this morning!
The Suburban Chateau
1 hour ago
I’m afraid to watch their latest vlog- my heart aches for them.
I have watched some of their videos but I am having trouble with the videos about their financial problems. True, they haven't grifted but I feel manipulated by the constant closeups of the tear-stained faces. I don't have a heart of stone. No, really. So they sold the chateau, maybe made a few bucks because of the improvements, and will likely go looking for another once things get back to normal. The packing videos are mind-boggling because of the amount of crap they amassed in the few years they lived at the chateau.

I can't. I just cannot feel sorry for any of these chateau owners.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I had thought the Jag was Percy's or relation to Percy, and he just left it there at the HMN.
@Clara Burnett we need you to clarify the story of the Jag (again?)
The Jag was definitely not Percy's. Could have been SJ's fathers car but fact is the Jag was there before Percy appeared on their stage. IJ crashed it against a parked car, because she's such a blind mole. She denied everything and blamed someone else, against all odds, until the insurance found out the truth. When the Flower Destroyer crashed it again, she did not hold back and blamed her to the extreme.

I think FRK hit the parked jag while she was driving another car into the parking space area, I do believe.
Nope. She drove the jag itself and smashed it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.