The Chateau Diaries #51 Peeing on Dan's marbles instead of polishing their own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think all of us who were seduced by Stephanie or Lalande probably recognize a little of Cara's dementia and disappointment.
I think the point one of you geniuses made, that she packed for a holiday of dancing in the kitchen with Stephanie and The Gang, and wrote about brushing her teeth in champagne, did not comport with feeding Aloysius, talking to Kirsty about dyeing wool plants, cleaning guest toilets, and whoever scared her so bad she has barely taken an indoor photo.
We can only hope the scales have dropped from her eyes.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
That university was infamous for the drunken, drugged, liberal, free wheeling student culture :ROFLMAO:
We had a room at my college called the Green Room, where we went to smoke marijuana between classes. The smoke in the corridor was so thick that one could get stoned walking through it. The head of the student society sold hash at his locker next to mine. My university had a pub in the main building that was more popular than the library. I now work in admin at a university where the smell of alcohol now comes only from the hand sanitizer. I miss the 70s.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I couldn’t watch this blog! His voice was so grating it was like nails on a blackboard for me!
It was indeed a voice to get used to...personally I find Greek R's a bit like the person is trying to cough up phlegm, but I do feel guilty for it...not nice to say/think. Just like scousers! :ROFLMAO: However, after now having watched the vlog I got used to his voice after...a long time. He would be fab for ghost stories. An interesting man with lots of interesting items. Nice to look at, but could never live amongst all of that, like living in a museum. The castle looks so "Cinderella" on the outside, then so dark and museum like inside. If I purchased it I would go for uplifting elegance inside, well I would tell my wife and she would have to manage it:) Strangely enough though, I am not feeling the urge to buy one. At all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
We had a room at my college called the Green Room, where we went to smoke marijuana between classes. The smoke in the corridor was so thick that one could get stoned walking through it. The head of the student society sold hash at his locker next to mine. My university had a pub in the main building that was more popular than the library. I now work in admin at a university where the smell of alcohol now comes only from the hand sanitizer. I miss the 70s.
Oooooooohhhh. Hand sanitizer. Take a hit and pass it on. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
ah yes named for Cecil Rhodes-f*cking white supremacist…oops did I say that outloud?
It's ok, most everyone I hear talking of him says the same thing, and they right. Fascism masquerading as capitalism. Made a right mess of Southern Africa.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It was indeed a voice to get used to...personally I find Greek R's a bit like the person is trying to cough up phlegm, but I do feel guilty for it...not nice to say/think. Just like scousers! :ROFLMAO: However, after now having watched the vlog I got used to his voice after...a long time. He would be fab for ghost stories. An interesting man with lots of interesting items. Nice to look at, but could never live amongst all of that, like living in a museum. The castle looks so "Cinderella" on the outside, then so dark and museum like inside. If I purchased it I would go for uplifting elegance inside, well I would tell my wife and she would have to manage it:) Strangely enough though, I am not feeling the urge to buy one. At all.
This showed his life experience, education and travel and SJ can relate. Then there is Snorty, he chases chickens and moves forks around. Dude stay behind the camera wearing your toe socks and be quiet!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
imagining @Heathcliffe ‘s castle-filled with

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Door bells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
They have definitely changed the title of vlog with Marie.
YEP! And they changed thumbnail, removing FRK's picture to one of them! In the live chat comments someone asked why it changed, and Philip said it was something like a "rotating" thumbnail, but I'm pretty sure this is not possible? And if so, it has never "rotated" back to FRK haahaha!

Hopefully this means its the last time we'll see her with them!

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 1.35.26 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Coming from the land that has more castles per square mile than any other country in Europe, I certainly don't have the urge to contemplate buying a chateau.

YEP! And they changed thumbnail, removing FRK's picture to one of them! In the live chat comments someone asked why it changed, and Philip said it was something like a "rotating" thumbnail, but I'm pretty sure this is not possible? And if so, it has never "rotated" back to FRK haahaha!

Hopefully this means its the last time we'll see her with them!

View attachment 705191
I wonder if Philip did his research here and realised that she wasn't a good fit for their brand.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It's ok, most everyone I hear talking of him says the same thing, and they right. Fascism masquerading as capitalism. Made a right mess of Southern Africa.
and many other areas he tried to colonize-it is a wonder we don’t more see people dropping their “Rhodes Scholar” designation from their CVs

Very little online footprint, but yes, inherited for sure, and I also found this: https://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr...r/le-fabuleux-destin-du-chatelain-ivo-fornesa

The Jag was definitely not Percy's. Could have been SJ's fathers car but fact is the Jag was there before Percy appeared on their stage. IJ crashed it against a parked car, because she's such a blind mole. She denied everything and blamed someone else, against all odds, until the insurance found out the truth. When the Flower Destroyer crashed it again, she did not hold back and blamed her to the extreme.

Nope. She drove the jag itself and smashed it.
And they let her use the mower...In fact when ij was around the lawn looked like a desert!

• Heart
Coming from the land that has more castles per square mile than any other country in Europe, I certainly don't have the urge to contemplate buying a chateau.

I wonder if Philip did his research here and realised that she wasn't a good fit for their brand.
Agree totally. I shall never own a chateau. But then there is the definition...seems like large historic houses also get this title. I seem to remember that was discussed here. What I shall NEVER own is a huge dump of a pile filled with vermin and rot and tasteless furniture. :ROFLMAO: People get seduced by the turrets and the romantic feeling I think. I do like old houses though, and large houses too. They just need to be managable, and create a good frame around the life of the family living there. I did like the tour of Ivo's museum though, interesting and entertaining. It would be a wonderful place to do Halloween! :ROFLMAO:

Oh golly, yes it is indeed like Dracula's castle! And Ivo, now WHO does he resemble! The count himself. Perhaps his wife WAS alive...now lives in a coffin and comes out at night.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
and many other areas he tried to colonize-it is a wonder we don’t more see people dropping their “Rhodes Scholar” designation from their CVs
I understand his statue was torn down at the university in Cape Town, clearly not well remembered.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
my soil is quite sandy but apparently they do well in it-I am not deterred! I will try agin next year and the one after if need be-plus now I know the flowers can be quite different in shape-love the cone shaped ones-need variety in color and shape and texture-my brain gets bored with the same old same
My fav gardening youtube channel has a lot of info on hydrangeas if you are interested. She has helped me a lot. I realized that I was pruning mine incorrectly. Some bloom on old wood and some on new. They are fascinating plants.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Not sure what to make of this? This instagram account has posts of a recent visit to Lalande. May just be karma at work. :unsure:

theladyofcharente

Most architecture look even more gothic in the rain!
My beloved account @theladyofthechateau was mistakenly deactivated in a sweep Instagram did to combat spam and not account. However as of today has been reactivated, please follow me @theladyofthechateau

• Wow
Reactions: 6

Let's face it, they don't need her or her smashed flowers. Their Vlog is on the rise with subscribers and no need to dilute it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.