The Chateau Diaries #51 Peeing on Dan's marbles instead of polishing their own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone, back again after a long break (Violetty etc previously) but have been keeping up with all the threads to keep me sane. Lovely to see so many new people.

I am on the verge of giving up watching the CD vlogs and am well on the road to my recovery from the addiction. Now that covid restrictions have eased a little, I now only have the time to follow a few people on yt (which does not include anything else related to chateau owners/grifters or their hangers-on), and I suddenly realised the other day that I watch my other channels with a genuine wish for them to succeed and I am so happy to see them doing well, but I found myself following the CD channel with a genuine wish for them to fail: I can't wait for their obscene 'grifting' behaviour to be exposed........ but I am not proud of myself for it.

It does seem to me though that there is a definite slow down of patron interest. I wonder (hope) that the 'covid' effect is wearing off and the slowing of the upward trend may soon turn into a downward trend. I think patrons are waking up. There is quite a turnover of higher tier patrons from month to month now, and there are many names read out at the end of the vlogs that belong to people that stopped contributing many many months ago.

So, for those newcomers who may be interested and who may not know about Graphtreon (which is free for anyone to search to find statistics for any Patreon account they may want to know about) , here are the last few months figures for CD:

View attachment 700468

You can clearly see a flattening off of patron numbers and their contributions.

I am, ashamedly, very very hopeful. 😈
I confess my lack of knowledge.... How do you know that some of those named are no longer contributing?

Reactions: 11
*** VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT ***

The Château de la Fleur Fanée Home for Scroungers, Grifters, Drifters, Losers and Bums invites applications for the following position:

Cook

Responsibilities:

As a cook your main task will be to ensure that all the inmates and guests are well fed at all times.

Working under the direct supervision of the Scrounger in Chief, Stephanie Take the Piss Jarvis, you will perform the following tasks:

- Ensure that food hygiene standards are not maintained at all times by not wearing gloves, a mask, or headwear while preparing food
- Act without caution in a dangerous environment where there are knives and high temperature surfaces
- Ensure that meals cooked are not nutritious or well balanced by using huge amounts of fat and sugary foods. In short, any food that is likely to cause one of the following ailments: cancer, a heart attack, diabetes, or a stroke.
- Ensure that low-quality (premier prix) ingredients are used at all times and maintain appropriate stock levels of said ingredients at all times
- Develop a rolling programme of menus from outdated cookery books stored in the attic. Sprinkle flowers on unappetizing meals with dubious ingredients.
- Cobble together meals from a random selection of leftovers
- Keep to the very low budget established by the Scrounger in Chief

Requirements:

Holding no professional qualification, you will have no experience in a similar post. You will be a drifter, loser, and bum with no projet de vie and absolutely no ambition, apart from continuing to be a drifter, loser, and bum with no projet de vie and absolutely no ambition.

Possessing no interpersonal and communication skills, you will not be autonomous, rigorous, reliable, or reactive. You will have a low IQ of around 100, be immature, and be given to bouts of hysterical laughter at the drop of a hat. An ability to cook while having a phone or camera shoved in your face at all times of the day or night and an ability to make an absolute tit out of yourself will be seen as advantages for this post.

The successful candidate will show an aptitude for scrounging and a willingness to learn all the skills required to practice this very special art.

Contract: None

Vacancy: August 2021

Wage: None. Free food and lodging in the servants' quarters. 'Studios' available for renting (priced according to surface area and the number of cobwebs)

Working hours: All times of the day and night, weekends, and bank holidays.

To apply for this job please send your certificate of mental disability by email to [email protected]

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Hubby had an older sister who could do no wrong. She was a chip off the old block too! MiL had little interest in hubby - until we became engaged. She insisted it would never last (44 years married this month!). It was some comfort that my lovely Ex-BiL wasn't good enough either. He was a university professor, graduated from Cambridge, and the son of a British diplomat. He used to refer to us as the "outlaws." He only lasted 10 years with SiL and eventually left her. I struggled to get along with MiL for the first 20 years and after that hubby would pay his duty visits by himself.

Or driving to the nearest airport perhaps?
Congratulations 🎉 on 44 years !!!
That’s amazing 🙌🙌🙌🙌
See I do believe in love 🥰

Secretly this is how I imagine you’ll be in another 30 years !!!!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Again, me and my degree in French labor law -- :cautious: -- would wager that paying Dan in kind, with a hotel room and a free meal, instead of a wage, especially if he was working overtime, and if no taxes, etc., were paid, is highly illegal. Also question of separate agreement working as chef rather than gardener.
The major point is Dan can take care of himself; he needs to keep this job; he may be seeking to audition as a corporate cook throughout the region.
Stephanie needs to make the gardeners' tea room non-homicidal ASAP. Removal of hot plate/kettle from fuel storage; poison from food storage; handwashing capability for workers handling toxic material; toilet. Emergency contact and kit for wood cutter/Ians/Dan/Kirsty/chapel restorer and all of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Goodness the waiters in Dan's vlog sure work hard. Definitely hit their daily 10k steps.

Reactions: 18
Hi everyone, back again after a long break (Violetty etc previously) but have been keeping up with all the threads to keep me sane. Lovely to see so many new people.

I am on the verge of giving up watching the CD vlogs and am well on the road to my recovery from the addiction. Now that covid restrictions have eased a little, I now only have the time to follow a few people on yt (which does not include anything else related to chateau owners/grifters or their hangers-on), and I suddenly realised the other day that I watch my other channels with a genuine wish for them to succeed and I am so happy to see them doing well, but I found myself following the CD channel with a genuine wish for them to fail: I can't wait for their obscene 'grifting' behaviour to be exposed........ but I am not proud of myself for it.

It does seem to me though that there is a definite slow down of patron interest. I wonder (hope) that the 'covid' effect is wearing off and the slowing of the upward trend may soon turn into a downward trend. I think patrons are waking up. There is quite a turnover of higher tier patrons from month to month now, and there are many names read out at the end of the vlogs that belong to people that stopped contributing many many months ago.

So, for those newcomers who may be interested and who may not know about Graphtreon (which is free for anyone to search to find statistics for any Patreon account they may want to know about) , here are the last few months figures for CD:

View attachment 700468

You can clearly see a flattening off of patron numbers and their contributions.

I am, ashamedly, very very hopeful. 😈
I'm actually shocked that she seems to keep doing so well. She hit 150k subs on youtube and has a good view/sub ratio (at least to my untrained eye). She has to be making a good amount from youtube alone. Even if patreon is flattening out, that is still a huge amount. She dips (like all creators on patron) the first of the month but very quickly rebounds. I still can't believe she makes that much a month and it is tax free.

Reactions: 13
I am so very sad at hearing how badly some of your relationships were, and over so many years. I can't imagine how much negative effect it must have, especially if there are grandchildren. These things take a toll of future generations. I can only wish you well for the years ahead :)

• Heart
Congratulations 🎉 on 44 years !!!
That’s amazing 🙌🙌🙌🙌
See I do believe in love 🥰

Secretly this is how I imagine you’ll be in another 30 years !!!!
Still hoping he may eventually learn to dance!
Screenshot 2021-08-06 at 21.43.09.png

I am so very sad at hearing how badly some of your relationships were, and over so many years. I can't imagine how much negative effect it must have, especially if there are grandchildren. These things take a toll of future generations. I can only wish you well for the years ahead :)
It certainly makes me think about the way I welcomed my SiL and Dil, so every cloud has a silver lining. I never wanted to be the MiL from Hell! Hubby had a really close relationship with my parents.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Hey, Tattlers! The Marquis sends his apologies for his silence and missing the honor of providing a thread title.
He says Thanks to @MojoDublin, and @Jeeves.

The Marquis and I (fiancee) landed in Paris a few hours ago and went for a nice stroll and dinner before Shabbat.
We're here to go chateau hunting...and after a lengthy debate over dinner, no, we decided we're not visiting Lalande. Even though a visit there would have been amazing intel ("and a pure waste of money" to quote him), it's so far out of the way from the places we're visiting. He'll be back here tomorrow!

Have a great weekend!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Again, me and my degree in French labor law -- :cautious: -- would wager that paying Dan in kind, with a hotel room and a free meal, instead of a wage, especially if he was working overtime, and if no taxes, etc., were paid, is highly illegal. Also question of separate agreement working as chef rather than gardener.
The major point is Dan can take care of himself; he needs to keep this job; he may be seeking to audition as a corporate cook throughout the region.
Stephanie needs to make the gardeners' tea room non-homicidal ASAP. Removal of hot plate/kettle from fuel storage; poison from food storage; handwashing capability for workers handling toxic material; toilet. Emergency contact and kit for wood cutter/Ians/Dan/Kirsty/chapel restorer and all of them.
See as far as Dan THE man is concerned

He is not working for FREE
As I see it he operates on a level that it’s nothing personal
It’s just business….

As for charlatan SSB 😈
Nutti HIRED Dan to cook 👨‍🍳
So it s a paid job

After all Marie got paid … for B & b guest meals …

Am all for Dan … like pa Petherick I love me a grafter

Still ranking analise as a supermodel
Camera certainly adores her 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Hey, Tattlers! The Marquis sends his apologies for his silence and missing the honor of providing a thread title.
He says Thanks to @MojoDublin, @Jeeves.

The Marquis and I (fiancee) landed in Paris a few hours ago and went for a nice stroll and dinner before Shabbat.
We're here to go chateau hunting...and after a lengthy debate over dinner, no, we decided we're not visiting Lalande. Even though a visit there would have been amazing intel ("and a pure waste of money" to quote him), it's so far out of the way from the places we're visiting. He'll be back here tomorrow!

Have a great weekend!
OMG

Tell agent 007 to get in the bloody DB9
And get there ASAP
Tattlers will gladly cover the cost

duck it here’s the credit card 💳

Have at it

Am jelly bean jealous … chateau hunting …. 😈

Report back
Send pics
M

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Last night I watched a dance movie with Gere, Lopez and Sarandon (she was sublimely gorgeous) title "Shall We Dance". Thoroughly enjoyed it. Get hubby to watch it.
Love that film (anything dance or Richard Gere related!). He does try but it's painful! 💃🕺🎶

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I confess my lack of knowledge.... How do you know that some of those named are no longer contributing?
In the very early days of CD I signed up at the lowest level as a Patron. I stopped supporting her after a few months when I realised what was going on, but I still have an account with Patreon, even though I am not supporting anyone. This account gives me access to 'search' the names of other Patrons and under each name it tells you the names of the creators they are supporting. For example, a previous tattler here mentioned the fact that Lodovico Z. (the last name that she always reads out) is no longer supporting anyone on Patreon.

There is another way that I know, but it reveals my nerdy side :sleep: please don't hold it against me!! Her highest tier patron numbers are restricted. When I last looked she was offering a maximum of 150 out of which there were 80 remaining - which means that she currently has 70 people paying at the highest level. But, if you count up the number of names she reads out at the end of her vlogs it is around 96. More smoke and mirrors I guess. She wants people to think she has a growing list of admirers, but the hard facts just don't add up.

One interesting fact though: she removed BG's name from the list immediately, as soon as she stopped paying :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
In the very early days of CD I signed up at the lowest level as a Patron. I stopped supporting her after a few months when I realised what was going on, but I still have an account with Patreon, even though I am not supporting anyone. This account gives me access to 'search' the names of other Patrons and under each name it tells you the names of the creators they are supporting. For example, a previous tattler here mentioned the fact that Lodovico Z. (the last name that she always reads out) is no longer supporting anyone on Patreon.

There is another way that I know, but it reveals my nerdy side :sleep:. Her highest tier patron numbers are restricted. When I last looked she was offering a maximum of 150 out of which there were 80 remaining - which means that she currently has 70 people paying at the highest level. But, if you count up the number of names she reads out at the end of her vlogs it is around 96. More smoke and mirrors I guess. She wants people to think she has a growing list of admirers, but the hard facts just don't add up.

One interesting fact though: she removed BG's name from the list immediately, as soon as she stopped paying :LOL:
@violetti

Always knew there was a reason for your huge salary as an analyst…

Quite enjoy signing off on payroll 😈

Welcome back Agent
M

• Heart
Reactions: 27
every weekend? hmm does he need money so bad? I know he lives close by and he is cook but I would have thought that he would like to have weekend free to himself and his family so he doesn't need to entertain fanflash
Maybe he's only got work in la lande?has he ever mentioned where he works?gardening is part time ,does Annalise work in a salon?

Reactions: 6
Maybe he's only got work in la lande?has he ever mentioned where he works?gardening is part time ,does Annalise work in a salon?
I think Annalise goes door to door when needed. Dan mentioned he is only gardening at the shitoo now. I guess YouTube and Patreon is making up the difference. So, cooking will bring in some extra $$. FANNY BETTER BE PAYING HIM!! He is getting her out of a pickle. Being a stupid business woman and not having her ducks in a row for her BnB.....not having a designated chef/cook lined up in advance for the ENTIRE BnB season is just ridiculous.
What a numb skull!!!

Who will be at the SHITOO to entertain the guests when they are ALL celebrating Snorts 10th birthday in Versailles? Or did they not book visitors in ADVANCE.

• Heart
Annalise said that she started up her mobile hairdressing business again in France, before her children were born. From her Instagram page, she appears to be reasonably busy. Dan certainly had a number of customers for his Landscape and grass maintenance business. prior to arriving at Lalande. Maybe he only needs to work at Lalande for a few days a week now.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
In a video last year, Steffi said her income makes it possible to have Dan about 3 days or so at the chateau.

Reactions: 10
Back to the caption competition: Do you like my new Vajazzle? It's Murano and I got it for a bargain price.
1628286641748.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.