The Chateau Diaries #51 Peeing on Dan's marbles instead of polishing their own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did she decline a position of full time live in her own digs floorsit/chick pea cook, for her internet dream or was it never on offer - the mind boggles. They did seem to move her around the shatoo a bit - something she found 'stressful' as she moved unpacked boxes from one place to another..anyone?
SJ made her pay for that "studio" so she was unlikely to be given a free apartment!

Plus, they have no kosher options
As they seem to have catered for every possible allergy on the planet, you would think they could have offered kosher food but you are probably more likely to survive without any nasty infections if you steer clear of the HMN!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Pass the smelling salts - upload from teabeg. He makes a great Freudian slip in the intro saying he is uploading all the footage he has - to start fresh on daily vlogs "so there is nothing in the bank"..well yes we get your drift but probably literally there is nothing left in the bank. This vlog has a nice b roll intro, a few people working on the cottage that seem to know what they are doing and a view of the upstairs..green house footage. Basically it seems like he is trying to give it a go - again. I found it so simple and strange he should talk with Janet about sharing his woes on YT because he can't do that with his family. Or did I hear that wrong? YT is a merciless, large audience and even supporters will have a puzzled look at his rants in the past. There is an immaturity here that unsettles me. All in all he came across less unhinged. Thats my positive take on it!
I sympathise with Teabag's friend and confidant, Janet, on her illness, especially when separated from her family in the UK but I have to say that her vlog (peddled by Trotter) is tedious and is a serious contender for most boring vlog, pushing Selmar into second place.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
The most fanciable male in Chateauland has to be Philip Fleurie and Dan is probably the nicest and most genuine, so one to marry. Who to push off a clip - so many contenders: Teabag, Ed and Phil from the hangers on brigade, Billy Bunter Petherick, Little Phyllis Snorter, Potty, Ryan. It'll have to be bye-bye Trotter.
Seems to me we might have to change the rules of the game due to the number of Kill candidates: F, M and 'Load up in a bus and drive it off a cliff'

• Haha
Reactions: 25
OH MY - could it be she flew to see SJ and SJ flew away?
And she's probably having to do a lot more work than just spinning, there's only her and Nati left to do the laundry; clearing up the kitchen; doing the beds and all the cleaning! I imagine it's not quite what she was expecting!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Weird stuff here. Whatever.

Anyway, Be very careful of the vax.
Hope your friend is OK, been thinking of you. It is difficult to be careful - you either have it or you don't - no going back and changing your mind. It's a dilemma for a lot of people at the moment for all sorts of reasons. Take care.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Again, me and my degree in French labor law -- :cautious: -- would wager that paying Dan in kind, with a hotel room and a free meal, instead of a wage, especially if he was working overtime, and if no taxes, etc., were paid, is highly illegal. Also question of separate agreement working as chef rather than gardener.
The major point is Dan can take care of himself; he needs to keep this job; he may be seeking to audition as a corporate cook throughout the region.
Stephanie needs to make the gardeners' tea room non-homicidal ASAP. Removal of hot plate/kettle from fuel storage; poison from food storage; handwashing capability for workers handling toxic material; toilet. Emergency contact and kit for wood cutter/Ians/Dan/Kirsty/chapel restorer and all of them.
It was a surprise from Dan's wife, Annalise, so probably on the up and up.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I want to feel sorry for Cara, but I just can't.
If she read Tattle, then she should have seen all the red flags parading through The Red Square.
If she watched it with rose-coloured glasses, then she is definitely in for a rude awakening. "Never meet your heroes, they might be arseholes".
Well, she isn't completely erased form La Lande history... she did appear in the August Pateron vlog. (Well I guess she had to be, as she was causing a commotion in the live chats)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
@JackSpratt oh thanks! I looked him up. An amateur musician it seems, self published. Wasn’t able to listen to his music. Lots of great amateur musicians. I wonder what he did for his day job. I’m always gobsmacked at how many guys truly wanted to be rock stars. Many could have been just never in the right place and time.
@purejuice i too was attracted to bad boys! Changed my criteria after realizing that although exciting not what I actually wanted.

Reactions: 11
One of my pet peeves about the so-called Doing It Ourselves vlog is that --they don't do anything themselves! They hire out pretty much everything. Remember when MP claimed: "We do everything ourselves, from fixing the leaky roof, to..."? The only thing MP does "himself" is bemoan the fact that he blew all his ill gotten gains on rent boys. In his latest vlog, he's hired an electrician to wire his man trap, I mean cottage.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I want to feel sorry for Cara, but I just can't.
If she read Tattle, then she should have seen all the red flags parading through The Red Square.
If she watched it with rose-coloured glasses, then she is definitely in for a rude awakening. "Never meet your heroes, they might be arseholes".
Well, she isn't completely erased form La Lande history... she did appear in the August Pateron vlog. (Well I guess she had to be, as she was causing a commotion in the live chats)
It is a truism that in order to have a dream, you must be asleep. All those who dream of lalaland as some sort of Shangrila WILL have a rude awakening, sooner or later.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
@CountessPompidoo & @Jeeves out of curiosity did your mil’s only have sons? Just curious. My mil wanted her sons to marry statuesque models who came from wealth & of a certain social status. I can’t believe that there are actually more cut from the same cloth out there!
Yes, two Sons in my MiL's case. Eldest Son was totally dependant on her, a real man baby to the day he died. She loved it. The sun shined from his orifices. My Husband was far more independent. He left home at 18 (oooooh I wonder why), worked away from home too, met & married a narc, they divorced. Then he met me. She almost combusted ;)

*** VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT ***

The Château de la Fleur Fanée Home for Scroungers, Grifters, Drifters, Losers and Bums invites applications for the following position:

Cook

Responsibilities:

As a cook your main task will be to ensure that all the inmates and guests are well fed at all times.

Working under the direct supervision of the Scrounger in Chief, Stephanie Take the Piss Jarvis, you will perform the following tasks:

- Ensure that food hygiene standards are not maintained at all times by not wearing gloves, a mask, or headwear while preparing food
- Act without caution in a dangerous environment where there are knives and high temperature surfaces
- Ensure that meals cooked are not nutritious or well balanced by using huge amounts of fat and sugary foods. In short, any food that is likely to cause one of the following ailments: cancer, a heart attack, diabetes, or a stroke.
- Ensure that low-quality (premier prix) ingredients are used at all times and maintain appropriate stock levels of said ingredients at all times
- Develop a rolling programme of menus from outdated cookery books stored in the attic. Sprinkle flowers on unappetizing meals with dubious ingredients.
- Cobble together meals from a random selection of leftovers
- Keep to the very low budget established by the Scrounger in Chief

Requirements:

Holding no professional qualification, you will have no experience in a similar post. You will be a drifter, loser, and bum with no projet de vie and absolutely no ambition, apart from continuing to be a drifter, loser, and bum with no projet de vie and absolutely no ambition.

Possessing no interpersonal and communication skills, you will not be autonomous, rigorous, reliable, or reactive. You will have a low IQ of around 100, be immature, and be given to bouts of hysterical laughter at the drop of a hat. An ability to cook while having a phone or camera shoved in your face at all times of the day or night and an ability to make an absolute tit out of yourself will be seen as advantages for this post.

The successful candidate will show an aptitude for scrounging and a willingness to learn all the skills required to practice this very special art.

Contract: None

Vacancy: August 2021

Wage: None. Free food and lodging in the servants' quarters. 'Studios' available for renting (priced according to surface area and the number of cobwebs)

Working hours: All times of the day and night, weekends, and bank holidays.

To apply for this job please send your certificate of mental disability by email to [email protected]
Genius @TheTaxInspector

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Maybe she has to pay a double parking fee for her fat bike. That made her so angry that she decides to leave earlier
Or she ended up on the ground at one night...we all know what beds Fan uses...Emaus....infected with woodworm and filth...

That is quite sad 😞 She’s stuck in the middle of nowhere with the host legging it as predicted!
Maybe she found out there was little wool left ....probably used by the rodents for nesting...

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.