The Chateau Diaries #50 Her laziness is spreading quicker than the delta variant.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't bother to try and grasp what Marie's channel is all about. She does not have a clue herself.
So true, I am still curious - it is a mish mash of whatever has taken her to take strides could be useful to others -and maybe it is but as it being a success story... That actually comes with some sort of goal reached. If that goal is to be someone who got a van by asking and positive comments on IG. Most will not see that as being inspiring. These Q&A's go nowhere.

Well..... we are in Lock Down for 7 days.
NO! I am so sorry - and this just keeps rolling on. Looks over shoulder for when it hits here again.

Melbourne?
NO NO not Melbourne again...well Tasmania - stay alert...case identified today

• Sad
Reactions: 10
So true, I am still curious - it is a mish mash of whatever has taken her to take strides could be useful to others -and maybe it is but as it being a success story... That actually comes with some sort of goal reached. If that goal is to be someone who got a van by asking and positive comments on IG. Most will not see that as being inspiring. These Q&A's go nowhere.

NO! I am so sorry - and this just keeps rolling on. Looks over shoulder for when it hits here again.

NO NO not Melbourne again...well Tasmania - stay alert...case identified today
I am sure we'll be heading that way in the Autumn. I'm sure this is why the Government here are suddenly pushing the vaccination of over12's now, with third doses for over 50's by Autumn (a Pfeizer booster if you previously had the AZ.) I suspect we'll see a new variant emerge from the increase in summer travel.
How is the vaccination programme doing in Eire now, @MojoDublin?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh boy! People will not do the right thing !!!!
And the loop hole is there...why I have no idea. I can't even enter a shop here without being registered..how the F...K does someone fly in without a pass??? 7 days - for Melbourne - just how much can people stand?

• Sad
Reactions: 10
why are you so upset about it?
Good question. Because this reminds me of the time a colleague, who was a bully, spread around rumours of another colleague being "on the spectrum" as if this was a bad thing to be. It is not. Who knows if my colleague was or not. But the unfounded rumors affected how people treated him. He was very good at his job, but the poor guy eventually left. He was not unaware. The whole situation was wrong. I was not attacking you. I was reacting to words and online it's all too easy to forget there's a person behind them. I'll go back to remembering this is idle gossip, not real life.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Looks like Frank and Ivo have hired Ian back to do some work for them, but are complaining about his availability because of the chateau. Too bad Carla no longer communicates with the Giants, I bet they'll have some scoop. 🧐
Just a thought ? Why are they not employing local artisans to do the work.

• Heart
@Beau Monde 'He's obviously spent his ill gotten gains on hookers and blow' Your words remind me of a Pulp song from the 1990s called 'Sorted for E's and Whizz' !

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thank you! I also dislike her pronunciation of French words. It drives me crazy!! It is pretentious. "Look peasants, I know how to speak French, unlike you."
Her pretentiousness forms the foundation of her middleclassness. Real aristocrats couldn't care less if they pronounce it right, use the right fork etc. in their daily lives. The formal stuff is for formal occasions, the rest of the time it's just business as normal, youknow, keeping the middle class in their place and putting the peasants down :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
And the loop hole is there...why I have no idea. I can't even enter a shop here without being registered..how the F...K does someone fly in without a pass??? 7 days - for Melbourne - just how much can people stand?
I feel so sad for self employed people ...... how can they just keep doing this!
I have a girlfriend that was in a supermarket this week and it became a "hot zone"..... she is self isolating at home and the Gov rang her up and came round to test her and ask questions..... today the Health Dept and a Army person arrived at the door to ask if she is living alone ( she does and they know that ) plus she had to the up the nose test again. They were not mucking about with her!
If she is ok ... she will be able to get out next Tuesday .
I have heard many people over the radio say they have come back to Melbourne via plane and no one checked them !!
So .... some places they really go for it and yet .... places like the darn airport they do not !!!
Nuts !!!!
Gosh , Sydney is getting worse.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Good question. Because this reminds me of the time a colleague, who was a bully, spread around rumours of another colleague being "on the spectrum" as if this was a bad thing to be. It is not. Who knows if my colleague was or not. But the unfounded rumors affected how people treated him. He was very good at his job, but the poor guy eventually left. He was not unaware. The whole situation was wrong. I was not attacking you. I was reacting to words and online it's all too easy to forget there's a person behind them. I'll go back to remembering this is idle gossip, not real life.
On this I will tell you one thing, then don't go and be on the tape for the whole world to see together with scammers and co, if you are worried to be judged and yes i am not trying to sound wise or politically corret just facts, as someone would have said - it is what it is

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I feel so sad for self employed people ...... how can they just keep doing this!
I have a girlfriend that was in a supermarket this week and it became a "hot zone"..... she is self isolating at home and the Gov rang her up and came round to test her and ask questions..... today the Health Dept and a Army person arrived at the door to ask if she is living alone ( she does and they know that ) plus she had to the up the nose test again. They were not mucking about with her!
If she is ok ... she will be able to get out next Tuesday .
I have heard many people over the radio say they have come back to Melbourne via plane and no one checked them !!
So .... some places they really go for it and yet .... places like the darn airport they do not !!!
Nuts !!!!
Gosh , Sydney is getting worse.
Yes, Sydney is a bloody disaster - so maybe early lock downs are the go - your poor friend - if it is not enough stress to think you could have the virus, everyone else wants to be sure you haven't. I have to say one thing - observation. Having a drink with a friend tonight we were observing the winter past - never been so healthly. Usually we ALL get colds and manky moments.This year - nothing. Despite the very scary fact a deadly virus could hit our community, bad news..on the whole we have escaped all the winter lurgys!

• Heart
Just a thought ? Why are they not employing local artisans to do the work.
Knowing them, they would. But it seems rather hard to find available craftsmen and I can imagine if you already befriended a contractor it's the logical next step to ask him. But I agree, would be much better to source labor locally.

Reactions: 22
Knowing them, they would. But it seems rather hard to find available craftsmen and I can imagine if you already befriended a contractor it's the logical next step to ask him. But I agree, would be much better to source labor locally.
Most people would prefer to use a contractor that they have used previously and they have been happy with.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I am sure we'll be heading that way in the Autumn. I'm sure this is why the Government here are suddenly pushing the vaccination of over12's now, with third doses for over 50's by Autumn (a Pfeizer booster if you previously had the AZ.) I suspect we'll see a new variant emerge from the increase in summer travel.
How is the vaccination programme doing in Eire now, @MojoDublin?
If Mojo doesn't mind I can give you a bit of info. The Republic of Ireland passed out the UK last weekend with over 72.4% of the population double vaccinated. Also for the first time last weekend we opened 30 vaccine centres around the country for drop ins - up until then it was by appointment only; register on hub and text appointment notice received, which can be deferred if date doesn't suit. The attendance at the drop ins was brilliant. Mostly 16 & 17 year olds who got Pfizer. Pharmacies have been giving that age group Jansen also. The centres opened at 8am and the queuing started at 6am (credit to the kids who got up so early on a bank holiday weekend). I volunteer at a centre and we should see 2500 people daily who have been given appointments but some days we get poor turn out - sometimes down near 50% - some of these have been given 10 previous appointments. This results in registration and vaccination staff waiting around but costing the country (tax payer) and meanwhile others still waiting for theirs. I believe some centres are opening up for drop ins again this weekend.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.