The Chateau Diaries #49 Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil & tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm with you Mummy Dearest...... its a repo !

Reactions: 17
Can't wait to be able to travel there from the UK again, my eldest son and 3 grandchildren live in Ontario, I haven't seen them for 2 years. They don't know Manor and Maker.

Reactions: 24
Many of us wondered about the same, i believe fanny thinks her dad was just eccentric as an artist would be but some freudian therapist would beg to differ

Reactions: 13
We've been down that road before, obviously without finding any relevant proof. SJ complained about us mean tattlers smearing her Daddy's name in the comments of TrotterBoy's first cry-me--a-river-because-I-feel-robbed vlog attempt.

Reactions: 20
I'm with you Mummy Dearest...... its a repo !
I feel kind of dumb that I didn’t connect the dots when I was watching the vlog. I knew something was off, guess I wasn’t at that point of obsession yet. Sometimes it takes a terrible night‘s sleep to truly put unimportant stuff into perspective…jeez, I need a nap!

Reactions: 16
The glass looks wrong too. What period was it supposed to be? Older mirrors had rolled blown glass not moulded, and so would be made in 2 pieces as there was a limit to the size that could be blown.

wait-do you think he calls her Madame de Pompadour in the boudoir?
I'm intrigued by the third way idea one of you geniuses has, that they sleep together, snuggle and maybe even smootch a little, but mainly do each other's hair, eat popcorn in bed while following tat auctions online. OHHHHH MME. POMPADOUR'S SECOND COUSIN'S ASS WIPE OWNED THAT CHAIR, LET'S BID. Now that's a turn-on.

N and M seem to be avoiding LL at the moment.
They are. There are very real concerns about exposing Antoine to the current level of grifting at the HMN, based on the comments made after their last visit. As I understood from eyes and ears the not so elusive Nic has convinced his wife that she shouldn't put her son in that position again if it can be avoided. SJ is not formally informed of this, but they use Covid as an excuse not to travel at the moment. Knowing N. and his ongoing infatuation for SJ, that might change instantly and constantly though.

Reactions: 28
Sadly, it’s one of those things if you don’t use it, you lose it. I knew enough to keep up with a basic conversation with neighbors we had years ago, but now I don’t have anyone to speak it with. Now my Spanish comes down to knowing how to ask where the bathroom is and pointing at things and saying their names in Spanish, so basically elementary level. I would love to speak Italian! My knowledge boils down to cursing, as that was one thing I picked up on from my Nanna’s broken English, she and my grandfather were from Sicily. My dad did his fair share of cursing in Italian.

The glass looks wrong too. What period was it supposed to be? Older mirrors had rolled blown glass not moulded, and so would be made in 2 pieces as there was a limit to the size that could be blown.
I don’t know what era for sure, but if I were to guess, I’d say anywhere from the mid 18th century to the mid 19th century. Steph did suspect the mirror had been replaced

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
The furniture is from the entrance hall, before that horrible jungle wallpaper went on the wall there ( done by SJ herself, which explains the receding seams). She also reupholstered these Emmaus bought furniture, but as you can see, she miscalculated the fabric and did not have enough to do the back of these chairs, which she left in their dirty original beige (why clean if you don't feel like it?) as if no-one would notice...

Reactions: 24
Couldn’t understand the concept behind picking the strawberry flowers as a garnish, considering they are actually going to turn into the strawberries. Basically picking them before they’ve grown ???
Fish not battered and fried, btw, too hard to execute in the Lalande kitchen. "Pan roasted" per Dan's Patreon menu = seared at Dan's house, roasted for 5 minutes in Lalande oven.
The concepts behind garniture are labyrinthine and abstract. The best ones are, garnish with ingredients of dish. Thence strawberry flowers. Which are edible, and super trendy. Cocktails with herbs sell for like $25 -- $35 with flowers. Another way to get your girl schnockered. It's organic!!!!!

Reactions: 8
What has happened to stephanie‘s face recently in the last vlog it looked like her cheeks were going to burst nothing moved except her mouth. Botox fillers cement polyfiller all of the above??
Having met her about five years ago and being rather impressed by her appearance, I can honestly say I've never seen anybody age as fast as she is aging right now. Something in her lifestyle is not giving her the satisfaction she needs to stay happy. Might be the stress of her fraud being exposed any minute, her incomprehensible connection to this young twat or it's just the booze taking its toll...time will tell, I guess.

Reactions: 31
Water helps. All they've had this year Dan says is rain.

Reactions: 13
That and no food hanky panky as well as she stopped botox and fillers for the time being (she needs needs to go to london) after her last botched filler face

Reactions: 7
Good catch. So very All About Eve.

Reactions: 9
There is no room for them. SJ is using their house as storage. Half the castle is under Reno and the other has not been decluttered. We keep talking about the downstairs loo but have you see the volunteer toilet? No sink or paint on wall how welcoming is that? The rooms that are done, even paying customers, all have undone touches to complete.

Reactions: 21
She will lose so much more than just her head when that happens (fingers crossed). Even with all the knowledge about her and her ways of living I cannot imagine the totality of that disaster, yet I feel it's inescapably coming her way,

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.