The Chateau Diaries #48 No longer Doing It himself. Just doing everyone else

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see Dan as more of a realist observing the fluffy, mythical world of Lalande. He is no fawning peasant doffing his cap to the gentry, as in Downton Abbey. I think he gets on with SJ, there's quite a bit of banter between them, but he can see the reality of life there with its problems, and mismanagement, but as he has made it clear, he has signed a non disclosure agreement, now SJ has a following on YouTube and is on a TV programme. They need to keep the fantasy of love and laughter going. The perfect world of Lalande.

I used to, many years ago, work in the gardens of a castle, owned by a couple of aristos fallen on hard times. Death duties swallowed the inheritance. The lady of the house wore charity shop clothes, the husband squeezed into his dead grandfather's suit for occasions, only a couple of rooms were heated in winter. You get the picture. They had gorgeous gardens, and so opened the gardens to the public with cream teas and later a farm shop. The reality was still far from the idyll the public saw, as the house was deathly cold in winter, the revenue paid the bills, but money was tight. There were still the problems of large old buildings to deal with, rodents, water ingress, roof tiles coming off in storms, rising damp, failing radiators, cold and estate staff wages to find every month . Lord knows how they've managed over lockdowns., but at least they had a nice place to be confined in, unlike many poor folk during the pandemic.
I wouldn't want to inherit or buy one of these old places. The house owns you, you don't own the house. Nowhere near as many people would subscribe to a vlog about the reality of Lalande without "the magic" thrown in. I think Stephanie just hit the zietgeist, the pandemic left a lot of people isolated and lacking in hope and joy. She is very personable, enthusiastic, beautiful , good at vlogging, despite the "narcissistic" personality and the manipulation she pulls off, and she made the early vlogs so interesting. Maybe this popularity will recede as the pandemic recedes?
Dan is a pragmatist, he wants his job, but he really needs to keep it now for his YouTube content, as his channel is taking off. He will have a certain loyalty to SJ, if only for his increasing subscribers. His vlogs wouldn't work without the chateau. SJ is smart enough to see how popular Dan and his family are. It helps her vlogs to have him featuring the chateau in his trendy vlogs . They have a symbiotic relationship. He'll be fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 39
I have never supported Marie. It disgusts me that she still champions Meagan Markle (video delayed a few weeks according to her YT site) despite the proven lies promoted by this woman. Marie you display your shallowness and ignorance daily by your support for this woman. SJ read this comment to her - Marie educate yourself, read wildly on all social forums (eg actual news agencies) before aligning yourself to unsavoury characters.

Reactions: 20
it did seem as if FRK was most often shown doing chores or being teased or ”in a mood” in the last several months

maybe Fanny was the the generous Buy-Me-A-Coffee benefactor-certainly easier to help someone make a hasty (or not so hasty in Marie’s case) exit if you pay for it

still leaning toward their relationship being intimate-its the little things: to many inside/partner jokes, him not treating her like a queen but like his queen ( see: saying she wanted ice cream why didn’t he ask her (also weirdly “but daddy I want” vibe) and he runs and gets her ice cream), always traveling together, and when she teases him-sometimes he actually looks hurt (see: toast racks)-I’m just waiting for him to accidentally call her “babe” in some other chateau’s flog-and they cleverly leave it in the edit

the employer/employee relationship is nonexistent at this point-at least as far as boundaries-although assume he is still getting an actual paycheck not just all the “benefits“ he is clearly enjoying because he buy so much crap for “our garden“ and “our kitchen“ and.“our salon” and finally since he has said he will be around for the “foreseeable future”

Reactions: 14
She has to replace all the rusty radiators as well.

Reactions: 12
Cara does not seem the type to let anyone put her in the fat corner-she certainly celebrates her womanhood-and good for her!

she also seems the type that is lots of fun for about 2 1/2 weeks then everyone is exhausted and over it-will be fun to see in about 6 weeks when Fanny shows her in some flogs-if she shows her (Pro-tip for Cara: don’t block Fanny’s light she hates it and will put you in the bad light every chance)

Reactions: 13
She was dressed more for the lambada
Oh my was that the most awkward thing to watch and watch people watching her trying to keep their heads lifted …-get the feeling she knew how short her dress was and would flirt with a door frame let alone her innocent embarrassed guests . Attention narcissist disorder etc. and her folks clearly just fed her that. I mean :. ‘Mummy and Dadddy’??? You’re fricking 45 woman !!!
she just looks like -/ spare me — ‘mutton’ dressed as lamb. . My god that stiff leg. Jesus Christ It was so embarrassing to watch

Rant over.

Reactions: 15
She paid MW to leave? In what way is MW a liability? I mean I know why I think she is, but not why SJ, who loves her subs, does.
Never mind, Snorty ordered it because she declined his offer of a table setting for her birthday. A little internecine bitey squabble between the former favorite and the new favorite.

Just another comment on that God awful tango from Selmar and Fanny, I can't believe how two people can make what is usually such a sensual dance, so utterly sexless.
Exacto. I thought that was curious too. Given the sizzle off the tango professionals -- even the elderly/not good looking ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
The chauffeur moved upstairs in Downtown Abbey by marrying the boss's daughter

I was just SO happy to see and hear LESS of SNORTS that I would watch that SAD performance of Selmar and his unrequited love every week.
BJJ needs to go back home...soon!
I thought Davey did a MUCH better job being Fanny's cameraman anyway!!!

Reactions: 10
Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil and tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

That's all that comes to mind just now!

Reactions: 32
Absolutely brilliant post. I agree with all that you say.

Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil and tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

That's all that comes to mind just now!
Love it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.