The Chateau Diaries #42 Tattlers - Ingloriously Fabulous 15 Guilty As Charged - M15 Agents

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Chateau Diaries #42
Tattlers - Ingloriously Fabulous 15 Guilty As Charged - M15 Agents

Congratulations @Milre VIP Member Title thread

After the attack on tattlers ......to good to exclude!!!!!!!
" Wigs 15 and Mr. Mojo the judge, court will not adjourn" @Heathcliffe
"Fifteen good men/women and true. The Jury's out" @Jeeves

"Ingloriously Fabulous 15 Guilty As Charged - M15 Agents" @MojoDublin
Restored

Thank you @Hercule P for compiling a Chateau dictionary! and updates
Thanks to @ploppityplop2 for the intro. ==== which has now mysteriously disappeared !!!!!!!!!
Thanks to @MojoDublin and @Rory for Glossaries.
Thanks to @NotAChatelaine for Tattle.Life Word of The Day
Honourable Mention @Gibson Now Resident Q

CHATEAU GLOSSARY

Tarts boudoir - Chateau de Lalande
HMN - heap in the middle of nowhere
Flat 34B - bolt hole 🕳 SJ 🇬🇧

LOTL/LOTLL - Lady of the (Lost) Lake, aka Stephanie (b.1975)
SSB- She Who Shouts from the balcony, SJ
QBC- Queen of bed chambers - SJ
MB - Madame Boneyparts -SJ
SJ - Stephanie Jarvis
Fanny - Stephanie Jarvis

MMAF - Mad Man's Arse Face, i.e. mummy
Mini Apron - Isabelle Jarvis (nee Biggio, b.1942) married 1962/3 to Derek Jarvis, widowed 2009, married to Percy Atfield year???

Potty/MP - Michael Potts
Cinder-Ruth- MPotts current squeeze Ruth Kelly (b.1981)

Nitti/Nutty - Nati Oliveto

Floral Roadkill (FRK / RK) - Marie Wiik (b.1991)

BJJ - Baby Jesus Jeans, aka Philip Janssen
PP (Nostril of Lalande) - Prince Philip
UH - Uriah Heep - Philip
Renfield - Philip
Pip - Philip
The Ward - Philip

MP/MP2/MPK - Michael Petherick (b.1986)
MOLD: Man Of LOST Design - Michael Petherick
Crybaby - Michael Petherick
Sir Trotter BDSM - Michael Petherick
Teabag Trotter - Michael Petherick
Master - Swedish director of 🎥 Elias Truedsson
BS - Billy Spielberg - Billy Petherick (b.1988)
Trotter, Petherdick - any Petherick family reference
Ma Trotter - Sherrie Petherick
Pa Trotter - Mr Petherick Esq
PILF: The only Petherick I'd like to be filmed with - Pa 'Mick' Trotter

Dear Brenda/BG - Brenda Gibbons (superfan/Facebook admin) from Donegal Ireland
Karen Cbomb - other superfan/admin, Canada
Jumpsuit Jill - rabid serial deletor of unfan comments on premier 💴 chat - Jill Scott, New Zealand

Donegals - Limericks (renamed in honour of Dear Brenda)
Agents - Tattlers who find out juicy background info

Chat O (or variations) - Chateau (how Brenda says it)
“BuyMeACoffee” - give me money (no, really, give me money, I really need it)

MBNS;GF - more boring narc stuff; gimme facts

PSDFHB - princess 👸 shouting down from her balcony
PRSDBP - princess 👸 in her robe shouting down from her balcony at the peasants

Wet Blanket - Fun hoover
Mickey Dodger - Woman who avoids sexual encounters

Thanks to @Rory for the SSB Main Squeeze Glossary:

1. Gregory Francis Mannion Clark - Husband and boyfriend, on and off at uni. SJ approx 18
2. Nic Larkin - apparently just friends at uni (but also dated according to CB?)
3. Married Husband 22-24??? (wedding registered in July 1999, she was 23 at the time)
4. Michael Potts met through Oliver Strong on and off 10 years. Open relationship in the end. Buys Chateau 2005 during relationship age 29.
5. Edmond Fokker van Craayenstein (player in tight trousers who pretends to be an aristocrat-BF with guy who said "let the 80 years-olds die off")
6. Mason Dwinell on and off (last we heard he is still staring at the sun?)
7. Ludwig Norweigner (otherwise known as Nordic Weirdo, alcoholic friend unceremoniously dumped at the train station without a ticket)
8. James Jardine (turned out to be "too much" for the girl who never has enough)
9. Daniel Hengeveld (nicknamed Druggy Daniel, because of his not so secret habits. IJ was furious about that romance and the fact that he introduced narcotics into the shat-o. Christmas 2016)
10. Various volunteers ad nauseum (bread oven guy Walton, Christian We etc.)
11. BJJ (any port in a storm, eh Stephanie?)

Tattle.Life Word of the day

parwhobble' (19th-century English dialect): to dominate a conversation by talking continuously, without listening to a word from anyone else.

'snollygoster' (19th century): an individual guided by personal gain rather than by principles.

‘ingordigiousness’: extreme greed; an insatiable desire for wealth at any cost.

Château dictionary

BasMinger:
Château de Basmaignée/aka Trotter Towers,🏰 the spin off Vlogs of the Trotters. @Jeeves

Begmania: château de Basmaignée @Le Comte de Monte Cristo

Cadge: Cadeaux at the Châteaux' channel @Definitely Maybe

Dadification: The attribution of Derek's nature or characteristics at each and every opportunity. 👀 @Jeeves

(a) Derek, to be a Derek: someone who is obsessed with boobs @Gibson

(a) Fouquet: as in to pull a Fouquet. The act of using public funds to finance once lavish lifestyle, in honour of the Great Nicolas Fouquet, Louis the XIV’s finance minister and builder of celebrated Château of Vaux-le-Vicomte (the most ostentatious Château of its time, pre-dating the Versailles renovations) who finished his life in jail being accused by the King of mismanagement of funds. 💰@justcommonsense

GAG: Grab a Gift @Mrs O 🎁

Gustavo: male prostitute with expensive tastes 🕺🍾🎁💎 @Hercule P

High Priestess Skankadankadingdong: SJ's name @lalablahblah

Madrid syndrom: stricto sensu, long journey to have some bedroom activities in a very expensive hotel in the middle of a pandemy ✈🧢👬🍸 🕶🍾
Flexible version, long journey to have some bedroom activities in a very expensive place 😏🍹@Hercule P

Petherfending: defending Petherick @Joy no toile

Philipicate (verb)
@Marquis de Potpourri when BJJ...
a) ...annoying shares an opinion behind the camera,
b) ...makes things and ideas more confusing;
c) ...pretends to be an expert on something.

Pontiphilcate : @Jeeves

Selmobile: Selmar’s camper-van vehicle of love and adventure🚐 @Princess and the Pea or @Gibson ?????

Spored: bored with Spode, I am so spored right now, or Diesel is spored; he wants his old dog dish back. @ProfessorPlum

Stephanese: What would be your definition? :) @mummydearest

Stephfending: when I actually do feel the need to defend SJ. @Milre

Stephiphany: a sudden awareness of the chance to swindle @ProfessorPlum

Trolliosis: a debilitating condition caused by Tattlers asking questions or making observations relating to grifting @lalablahblah

To Versailles: to behave like Marie-Antoinette (Sofia Coppola’s dancing, dressing-up, gambling, romanticising nature version of Marie-Antoinette) As in They Versailled again all night yesterday! 💅💃👠👑💎@justcommonsense

To Versailles up: to make Versailles-inspired design choices that, depending on taste and budget, may result in a nouveau-riche or tat-like look. As in They Versailled up the entrance, it looks [insert preferred adjective]! 💍🛎🎇👑@justcommonsense

prick.jpeg

ArtWork @Linus

church.jpg

ARTWORK @Linus

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
@purejuice love the menus you come up with. ❤🤤

Re: Sutton Stracke. I like her. She called out Teddy Mellemcamp for being boring, and she will (from what I've heard) go toe to toe with Erika Giradi against her husband's scam.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
A comment from Boy Meth-rick's tresspassing vlog:

Paul Trollope
10 hours ago
The Patreon Account page is no longer showing Cash input as it was prior to the Madrid Holiday, understandably number of Patreons has dropped.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I see with horror it actually is June 19, celebrated in America as the day the Workaway volunteers slaves were emancipated.
I'm drilling down on this menu caper because, among many other things, it illustrates how removed the Nevernever Land Lalande cooks are -- SJ, IJ, the Coles, MW, Cat and Nati -- from the locals, the local economy, and the local French farmers' markets, which are famous the world over as the source of the best food to cook.
These menus attempt to represent how real people, and not bubble boys doing taco night in the Dordogne eat. Did you see Shrek's last contribution? Steak and chicken cut into McNuggets for serving.
On Juneteenth, in America, there's a traditional menu served, highlighting the color red.
As modern scholars of African-American foodways have discerned, one thread of black Americans' cookery traces back to Jefferson's 18th century French-trained slave chef James Hemings.
The most iconic modern member of the Monticello school of African-American cooking is Edna Lewis, born in 1916 in Freetown, VA near Jefferson's home.
The elite homes of Virginia, going back to the days when the Colonial elite socialized with French politicians and generals during the Revolutionary War, dined on a cuisine inspired by France. It was built on local ingredients — many originally shared by Native Americans or brought by slaves from Africa — and developed by enslaved black chefs like James Hemings, who cooked for Thomas Jefferson at Monticello. Because this aristocratic strain of Southern cuisine was provisioned and cooked largely by black people, it came into their communities as well, including Freetown.

Here is an Edna Lewis-inspired, French-accented, African-American Juneteenth meal based on what's available in the farmers' markets around Lalande today.

Happy free-at-last day.

Harvard beet salad with goat cheese man goat cheese, farmers’ market lettuces, watercress, orange zest/orange flower vinaigrette
Florida style local wild boar sausage burgers, Lalande honey mustard
Edna Lewis' spoon bread
Edna Lewis' salad of whole tomatoes, scallions and haricot beans with homemade basil mayonnaise
Edna Lewis’ featherlight rolls
Traditional Juneteenth strawberry slab pie with a peppered pastry crust
Traditional hibiscus iced tea (jamaíca in Spanish markets) with or without rum

What's in season in the farmers' market near Lalande today:

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I too just heard about the dressy affair tomorrow at the SHITOO from Dan's vlog (which I enjoy.)
🤔🤔🤔🤔 What could that be about???

Engagement announcement???
Fanny is making everyone dress up as herself in full bridal attire and BJJ in his hippy bridegroom get up.

Horrible thought just went thru my mind!!!!!
Fanny won't show up in that stupid peacock get up will she????

Maybe there will be a REAL wedding tomorrow??????? Nah!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Where does this marquis de tandoori post? I haven't seen, and can't find any? Quite elusive.

I'm looking forward to the party tomorrow, I don't expect it's for any reason other than there hasn't been one for at least two minutes and tra-la that's reason enough. Theme? Can't be bothered to have a property guess but it was international sushi day on Friday, so they could all come as their favourite nigiri 🍣.

I should say I'm looking forward it for Dan's coverage, not Fanny's, it could be very illuminating given a few of his excellent comments on his daily vlogs so far.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I have a feeling Gwen told Sir Methrick ‘no gifts please’ and I mean it. Can you imagine all of the crap people will still send? And the new bebe is beautiful! Much cuter than SJ’s curly headed Dutch baby!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Again remiss, working. Have to watch previous vlogs, woe is me. Marie is busy doing b&b florals. What happened to the wedding she is supposed to cater to?

Reactions: 12
I see with horror it actually is June 19, celebrated in America as the day the Workaway volunteers slaves were emancipated.
I'm drilling down on this menu caper because, among many other things, it illustrates how removed the Nevernever Land Lalande cooks are -- SJ, IJ, the Coles, MW, Cat and Nati -- from the locals, the local economy, and the local French farmers' markets, which are famous the world over as the source of the best food to cook.
These menus attempt to represent how real people, and not bubble boys doing taco night in the Dordogne eat. Did you see Shrek's last contribution? Steak and chicken cut into McNuggets for serving.
On Juneteenth, in America, there's a traditional menu served, highlighting the color red.
As modern scholars of African-American foodways have discerned, one thread of black Americans' cookery traces back to Jefferson's 18th century French-trained slave chef James Hemings.
The most iconic modern member of the Monticello school of African-American cooking is Edna Lewis, born in 1916 in Freetown, VA near Jefferson's home.
The elite homes of Virginia, going back to the days when the Colonial elite socialized with French politicians and generals during the Revolutionary War, dined on a cuisine inspired by France. It was built on local ingredients — many originally shared by Native Americans or brought by slaves from Africa — and developed by enslaved black chefs like James Hemings, who cooked for Thomas Jefferson at Monticello. Because this aristocratic strain of Southern cuisine was provisioned and cooked largely by black people, it came into their communities as well, including Freetown.

Here is an Edna Lewis-inspired, French-accented, African-American Juneteenth meal based on what's available in the farmers' markets around Lalande today.

Happy free-at-last day.

Harvard beet salad with goat cheese man goat cheese, farmers’ market lettuces, watercress, orange zest/orange flower vinaigrette
Edna Lewis' spoon bread
Edna Lewis' salad of whole tomatoes, scallions and haricot beans with homemade basil mayonnaise

I have to apologize but I dont get why this is here. Whats the point? What does this have to do with anything. I was born and raised in the US. This sounds like you googled it.

Happy free-at-last day.

Edna Lewis' spoon bread

I really do have to apologize. I had to reread it a couple of times to realize you're really complementing a great American cook. America has amazing cooks in every color and ethnicity. It truly is a melting pot. Home cooks don't need to prove anything to anyone that they have not already proven to their families and friends who set down to sup at their tables. That's the truth. I have eaten at amazing world-renowned restaurants by well-known chefs that could learn from some great home cooks. The best food I have ever eaten has been cooked by my mom of course. She was born and bred in the Appalachian region of America. Half native Indian and Half French

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Is there some kind of strange filter being applied? Everything outside the window looks fake.
On Instagram, there are filters you can choose from before you post a photo and it looks as though that is what someone did. Everything is brighter than normal. Maybe so that the fabric on the chaise looks brighter (cleaner) than it really is in reality?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I have to apologize but I dont get why this is here. Whats the point? What does this have to do with anything. I was born and raised in the US. This sounds like you googled it.
I thought I had somehow stumbled on a different forum aimed at gourmands, restaurant critics or TV cooks. Why are we suddenly seeing these fantasy menus popping up throughout the Chateau Diaries threads of late? I get the initial response to FRK's offerings to the B &B guests as we have long commented on her lack of culinary talent but why the need for an African/American inspired menu for a French Chateau, prepared by a Norwegian cook with no catering credentials?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I have a feeling Gwen told Sir Methrick ‘no gifts please’ and I mean it. Can you imagine all of the crap people will still send? And the new bebe is beautiful! Much cuter than SJ’s curly headed Dutch baby!
Where did you see the photo of the bebe?

I should say I'm looking forward it for Dan's coverage, not Fanny's, it could be very illuminating given a few of his excellent comments on his daily vlogs so far.
I really like the content too. His filming and editing skills are really improving. PLUS: it gives us a nearly up-to-date timeline on what is happening at Lala Lande; ie SJ seen filming the pipes being fixed; that a party was happening Saturday - so SJ will have to keep up with him, and not jig around with the timeline.

Reactions: 19

I really do have to apologize. I had to reread it a couple of times to realize you're really complementing a great American cook. America has amazing cooks in every color and ethnicity. It truly is a melting pot. Home cooks don't need to prove anything to anyone that they have not already proven to their families and friends who set down to sup at their tables. That's the truth. I have eaten at amazing world-renowned restaurants by well-known chefs that could learn from some great home cooks. The best food I have ever eaten has been cooked by my mom of course. She was born and bred in the Appalachian region of America. Half native Indian and Half French
It's not about menus at all. It's a riposte to the stealth reactions of the zero messages zero reactions @Marquise de Tandoori who is stalking here.
Proud to think that what I wrote myself, in my own words, and with my own legwork, sounds as if I Googled it. Thank you. More people should.
Here's a book I Googled, now own, and have read. You'd enjoy it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
It's not about menus at all. It's a riposte to the stealth reactions of the zero messages zero reactions @Marquise de Tandoori who is stalking here.
Proud to think that what I wrote myself, in my own words, and with my own legwork, sounds as if I Googled it. Thank you. More people should.
Here's a book I Googled, now own, and have read. You'd enjoy it.
There is an ignore feature if her reactions bother you! There have been people "stalking" for 42 threads, I really can't see why newcomers are getting worked up over Tandoori's reactions.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.