The Chateau Diaries #40 Vampire of the vanities, the grifters return

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love ❤ cat being back

What a day 😈
Cat is the only volunteer who can actually stand up to SJ (in a nice way) like the grown woman that she is. I remember how she cleared one of the pantries where she tried to dispose of SJ's garbage collection from local Brocantes! Unlike Marie whose snideness is so immature and ironically getting old, and Natita who just butt-kisses SJ all the time!

cat1.png

cat2.png

cat3.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
SJ likes to wear see-through clothes when visiting other château (s. visite Le Fleur).
Screenshot for @Heathcliffe and @Gibson
View attachment 607557
A moment before you would have seen her thigh when she moved because the lowest button is just crotch height.....
You can practically see it anyway as it is transparent like many of her clothes and she knows it.

Unlike Marie whose snideness is so immature and ironically getting old, and Natita who just butt-kisses SJ all the time!
Yes, Cat is also the most natural of all the Lalanders; what you see is what you get. She is the only one I would trust.

Nostrils wants to have a cushion making day because "we" have so many beeee-u-tiful fabrics.
I'm sure the "sewist" would be happy to do a session, I just hope we don't have to watch it; can't think of anything more boring!

Reactions: 14
Very disappointing to see Cat back? What is she volunteering to be the cook, maid, cleaner, and or organizer? What could potentially be the benefit of this home of wayward and stunted individual's? Any theories?

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Yes, Cat is also the most natural of all the Lalanders; what you see is what you get. She is the only one I would trust.

For me, it's Cat and Hanni!
Two people who actually have professional lives outside of Lalande!
Hanni, as a lawyrer, is very active in providing her services to non-profits from the UK's NHS to anything related to autism.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
SSB is driving Davy home and visiting chateau
If BJJ's family live just over the border from Belgium, perhaps his nanny will visit his real mummy; they can swap stories about the baby and the soft toys he likes to play with!

Hanni, as a lawyrer,
I don't think Hanni is a lawyer, she was a financial director at a company, or something along those lines. SJ gave the impression that she knew something about law as she took her to a meeting with the Mayor but she wasn't trained as a lawyer and I guessed she'd be made redundant from her job.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
the only annoyance was George’s sunglasses inside but maybe he has a vision issue so that annoyance is on me

Agree totally. I was going to mention that too but thought perhaps a medical problem, or just cause he thinks it's cool?? And I have a pair of prescription sunglasses which I sometimes forget to take off inside and wonder why every is so dark. Duh! He's still annoying with his dusty old collections.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
The unholy trinity of the live chat: LokiClevenland, Michael Morrison, and Seth Waters sound like lonely, daydreaming old gay men trying to find love on the internet.
They are like a load of smutty little schoolboys. Like many people at, or associated with, Lalande, they have never grown into mature adults.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Re fabric in the attic. I thought the attic had opened areas ie opened area for airflow, and that there was an owl up there. Some of her fabric is quite expensive - surely storing this in attic would damage them. Speaking of fabric whatever happened to £8000 pink Fortuny fabric bought with patreon funds, pre it being made a charity?
Those who are patrtons has there been an update provided on shutter dogs, downstairs loo, the lake?

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Oh, they don't wear pants in the southern part of France.
so funny
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find it quite displeasing that most of the men seem to overtake any conversation and leave their wives in the backdrop. Maybe it's just me but it's not a gentlemanly quality.
worse still when the women running the interview defers to the male in the twosome but it doesn’t surprise me with Fanny See Through

Hmmmm. Along with promoting one's money-making home from mas to chateau, it would appear bullshitting about the provenance of its architecture would be one of the characteristics, a sub theme, indeed, of #ETTCGrifterChateauStyle. I expect nothing less from an antiques dealer, beginning with the French one who sold SJ the Murano chandelier and all the rest of his wormwood.
he ruins the fun of the collections when he hasn’t done his research-no one could possibly think the stone objects were no on a lathe

the only annoyance was George’s sunglasses inside but maybe he has a vision issue so that annoyance is on me

Agree totally. I was going to mention that too but thought perhaps a medical problem, or just cause he thinks it's cool?? And I have a pair of prescription sunglasses which I sometimes forget to take off inside and wonder why every is so dark. Duh! He's still annoying with his dusty old collections.
i like the collections but he needs to be better educated about them

Last edited:
  • Haha
Re fabric in the attic. I thought the attic had opened areas ie opened area for airflow, and that there was an owl up there. Some of her fabric is quite expensive - surely storing this in attic would damage them. Speaking of fabric whatever happened to £8000 pink Fortuny fabric bought with patreon funds, pre it being made a charity?
Those who are patrtons has there been an update provided on shutter dogs, downstairs loo, the lake?
I thought the Fortuny fabric was a gift? Not paid for with Patreon $$. But I thought the crazy chandelier was about 4000? Don't know WHOSE money paid for that or the overly expensive desk that Fanny bought for Miss Prissy. Whatever happened to that desk?

• Sad
I'm not a big gardener, possibly because my father was. But the whole irrigation/drainage/not eating vegetables situation drives me wild. Spent all that money on fruit trees and not one word about how they're doing.
Also, apparently the basement is full of centuries of bat guano -- well-rotted -- why haven't they spent Patreon monies safely relocating the bats? -- which along with being surrounded by cow barns could and would make the potager and everything else paradise, garden wise.
I was unaware of this pile of bat droppings. Aficionados of James Bond (book version) might recall Dr No made his money by buying islands that used to be inhabited by thousands of seabirds over many years. Selling off the bird tit financed his early projects. Makes excellent plant feed, if rotted and mixed well. AFAIK, not sure in France, but UK, 'relocating' bats is actually illegal. Doing it on camera, would be a dumb thing, even for that lot.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
But I too would like an update on the lake and chapel which is supposedly why Madame started the Patreon account in the first place!

Question #755. Lol
Didn't once, long long ago, Fanny say it would cost about 100,000 pounds? Euros? To get the lake back?
Because she is making SO much now from Patreon, she can afford that PLUS getting the entire terrace reworked. The chapel guy wasn't going to charge her, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
They are like a load of smutty little schoolboys. Like many people at, or associated with, Lalande, they have never grown into mature adults.
Can't agree more! Lalande is the official home for people with arrested development.
But I'd also say that lots of schoolboys behave more maturely than those dirty old pervs!
Alex W is right, a lot of people have husbands, but only pervs talk about their "spouses" like cheap sex toys.

perv10.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Can't agree more! Lalande is the official home for people with arrested development.
But I'd also say that lots of schoolboys behave more maturely than those dirty old pervs!
Alex W is right, a lot of people have husbands, but only pervs talk about their spouses like cheap sex toys.

View attachment 607884
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think because the individuals residing and partaking give off *swinger* vibes. Also it was never squashed appropriately in the live chats or comments. Ms. Chatelaine allowed this tom foolery with Philip participating in this inappropriate dialogues.

Reactions: 11
I don't think Hanni is a lawyer, she was a financial director at a company, or something along those lines. SJ gave the impression that she knew something about law as she took her to a meeting with the Mayor but she wasn't trained as a lawyer and I guessed she'd be made redundant from her job.
She does work for an online bank, but she is a Corporate Lawyer. She studied Law and European Law, respectively, at the University of Bordeaux and the University of Warwick.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
*** BULLSHIT ALERT ***

Anyone catch the gaffe in the "Château" de Brives flog? The part where Pavlova's husband, Georges, who makes a point of trying to sound authoritative every time he speaks, explains how the stone balusters were made. According to him, they were turned on a machine (SJ, who's a complete ignoramus, just said "Yes, yes"🤣) ... . Fell about laughing when I heard that! I know all about working with stone - a métier that's been in my family for centuries (my ancestors owned their own quarries in southern England). One of my brothers is a sculptor who's worked on various monuments historiques in France and he can carve just about anything out of stone. The balusters were not turned on a lathe, they were made by hand with a chisel and a mallet or hammer - a very long process. More proof, if any were needed, that the people who own these places are complete cretins - they own all sorts of objects, about which they know nothing and cannot make themselves. 🤣
Total coincidence, but similar family history re stonemasonry (Irish though) and a wood mill. I am always interested in restoration projects as one of my brothers now works doing something similar on a well known building in London and we have travelling masonry workers in our family.
Sadly I couldn't get through that Vlog 😞I watched around five minutes before turning off.
Instead these were suggested to me:
I did watch a bit of Sean's world.(From the DiO Vlogs and also from Dick and Angel's earlier days installing their professional cooker)This has improved and he is restoring an A frame barn at the moment. He is a worker, I found it very enjoyable and may watch the others.
Dan's Vlog is also pretty good for cinematography and graft.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think because the individuals residing and partaking give off *swinger* vibes. Also it was never squashed appropriately in the live chats or comments. Ms. Chatelaine allowed this tom foolery with Philip participating in this inappropriate dialogues.
You are right. SJ made Natita and BJJ as moderators, but the unholy trinity of pervs have entrenched themselves as "friends" of Lalande, they can get away with their smutty deliberations under BJJ's nostrils. So, now, BJJ, Natty and SJ have LokiCleveland and Michael Morrison's backs no matter what they say/write! The pervs are so quick to accuse everyone who questions them of "homophobia." They know that as soon as they invoke "phobia" upon anyone who takes offense at anything inappropriate they say BJJ comes to the rescue. Bollocks!

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
*** BULLSHIT ALERT ***

Anyone catch the gaffe in the "Château" de Brives flog? The part where Pavlova's husband, Georges, who makes a point of trying to sound authoritative every time he speaks, explains how the stone balusters were made. According to him, they were turned on a machine (SJ, who's a complete ignoramus, just said "Yes, yes"🤣) ... . Fell about laughing when I heard that! I know all about working with stone - a métier that's been in my family for centuries (my ancestors owned their own quarries in southern England). One of my brothers is a sculptor who's worked on various monuments historiques in France and he can carve just about anything out of stone. The balusters were not turned on a lathe, they were made by hand with a chisel and a mallet or hammer - a very long process. More proof, if any were needed, that the people who own these places are complete cretins - they own all sorts of objects, about which they know nothing and cannot make themselves. 🤣
And Stephanie, historically, Mercury was actually administered by injection as a cure for Syphillis!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.