The Chateau Diaries #40 Vampire of the vanities, the grifters return

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought Hanni had Covid and had recovered BEFORE her stay at the chateau last year.
Maybe she has a REAL job now and cannot take an unlimited leave or vacation.
She was working from the chateau before, hence why she bought the wifi equipment

Reactions: 6
Talking about all these chateaus/big houses owners: it is all happy family in front of the camera but it is obvious that all have their personal interests. These people are not friends. They are people concerned with their own agenda – each of them (including the Lalande volunteers). They show interest in each other to gain trust and then pursue their own needs. They are not genuinely interested in each other.

They are not stupid; in fact they are not fooling each other.

Some like Marie want empathy and compassion all the time and are quite manipulative. Before her naive fans know it, she has them sacrificing their needs in order to assist hers. These types of people are draining. It is not sage wisdom about being stronger or ways to move toward happiness she wants to be offered to. We know that. Money! Money!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
From MPK's instagram stories... Maybe he is color blind? That ho-ho green looks very blue. 🤪

Typically a person with a tritan-type color vision deficiency does not see blue colors well, and may have difficulty seeing the difference between blue and green.

View attachment 607177
Interesting that he didn't put any Spode in the picture to see how it worked with the paint colour

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Chateau de Brives (Georges and Sarah) :

I got it. Georges explains at the beginning of the video what I had found about their property.

It was built in 1824 by a family of Cognac producers (ex- lawers) as a "logement patronal" (boss' house) sometimes called "chateau" too. This building completes the farm, the stables and the distillery which were built around 1890.

This original family sold the estate to a distillery company based in la Rochelle in 1963 which sold it again a few years later to an Alsatian spirits producers family.

Nowadays, the cognac is not produced anymore at the "chateau" which seems to have been sold to this British couple.

For the French, that's not a "real" chateau (no history, no noble families etc). It's more a vanity project for what we called at that time a "capitaine d'industrie" or Nouveau Riche from a merchant background.

But I perfectly can see why it can be called a "chateau".

PS : Philip was wrong anyway... ha ! 😅

Is it me or the sound of their latest vlog is awful ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Continuing the discussion on chateau or not: "Chateau" de Montmagner is definitely not a chateau. Sadly, the begging is constant and a real turn off. What I do like is they work hard and FINISH projects.

Reactions: 10
That ho-ho green looks very blue
I see it as dark pine neddle green, almost bordering a dark blueish tint. 🌲
The most important part: Are we just going to gloss over that the colour is called HO-HO Green?!
I have a feeling, it was more the name of the colour that attracted Sir Trotter. 😏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Talking about all these chateaus/big houses owners: it is all happy family in front of the camera but it is obvious that all have their personal interests. These people are not friends. They are people concerned with their own agenda – each of them (including the Lalande volunteers). They show interest in each other to gain trust and then pursue their own needs. They are not genuinely interested in each other.

They are not stupid; in fact they are not fooling each other.

Some like Marie want empathy and compassion all the time and are quite manipulative. Before her naive fans know it, she has them sacrificing their needs in order to assist hers. These types of people are draining. It is not sage wisdom about being stronger or ways to move toward happiness she wants to be offered to. We know that. Money! Money!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Excellent analysis since most parasites attach themselves to a host and feed off them. Each individual attracted to this chateau (even the gardener) had ulterior motives.

• Haha
  • Wow
Just watched Sadies vlog..it is always easy to critisize ...but i must say it is a very nice vlog..doing some gardening..looking after Ernest...and i must say..Ma Trotter for sure knows how to grow tomatoes..just like you should do it..i remember the tomato forest last year in Lalaland...Mini apron doesnt have a clue how to grow tomatoes..nor does Dan...

That George in Fanny Flash het latest vlog is surely very full of himself...he talks about the place as if it is filled with earlooms..from his family...omg..what a snob..and that dress or shirt thing that she is wearing...it brings her whole vlog down..it looks like it came out of the ass of an elephant..she bought it at the brocante, not quite an antiquefair..probably not even washed nor ironed..horrible..

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Continuing the discussion on chateau or not: "Chateau" de Montmagner is definitely not a chateau. Sadly, the begging is constant and a real turn off. What I do like is they work hard and FINISH projects.
Definitely not a chateau. I stick to the traditional definition of a chateau, a grand house built for and lived in by royalty and nobility. Any other claims are pretense. The owners of des Brives (a businessman's house) and Montmagner (a barn for postal horses) are among those pretentious claimants who use the term chateau simply for PR/marketing.

Reactions: 16
Just watched Sadies vlog..it is always easy to critisize ...but i must say it is a very nice vlog..doing some gardening..looking after Ernest...and i must say..Ma Trotter for sure knows how to grow tomatoes..just like you should do it..i remember the tomato forest last year in Lalaland...Mini apron doesnt have a clue how to grow tomatoes..nor does Dan...

That George in Fanny Flash het latest vlog is surely very full of himself...he talks about the place as if it is filled with earlooms..from his family...omg..what a snob..and that dress or shirt thing that she is wearing...it brings her whole vlog down..it looks like it came out of the ass of an elephant..she bought it at the brocante, not quite an antiquefair..probably not even washed nor ironed..horrible..
The misstreated gardens at La Lande are definitely a trigger for me! So much potential! So much food you could grow, even with only rough planning and a bit of soil management (and, well, to join with another current complaint of mine: a bit of rural connections and integration into the local community would not hurt. Would have been easy in the last 16 years to organize some bartering for organic fertilizer aka cow excrements with nearby farms. Or, hell, at least use the droppings frpm the chicken coop) Why hire a gardener if he actually does not have the proper education as a gardener? It would save so much money in the long run to pay for qualified professionals.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Good point @ComtesseRose didn't she leave clothes there as she thought she would be back, got sick with covid, stuck in UK? Is she still a patreon?
I read something from her social media about having Covid at the start of the pandemic , and was in hospital as she was so very ill. This was before her visit to the chateau. She would not be able to return at the moment as we can't travel from the UK to France at present. Kat got in just before the deadline.
Maybe Hanni has moved on with her life.?

That's the sort of thing you would wear in bed, I often wear my husbsnds old shirts as nightshirts. Looks like you haven't got dressed yet by wearing it as a dress.

Last edited:
  • Haha
SJ likes to wear see-through clothes when visiting other château (s. visite Le Fleur).
Screenshot for @Heathcliffe and @Gibson
Screenshot (251).png

A moment before you would have seen her thigh when she moved because the lowest button is just crotch height.....

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Chateau de Brives (Georges and Sarah) :

For the French, that's not a "real" chateau (no history, no noble families etc). It's more a vanity project for what we called at that time a "capitaine d'industrie" or Nouveau Riche from a merchant background.
Thanks again for the good research.
In American, we say "captains of industry" also. I don't know if the Brits do. But it's a very useful term and I suspect you all invented it.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.