The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kats the only voice of reason with all that clutter - hardly princess behaviour! She's not sucking up to SJ like little P all the time, he doesn't seem to do anything except play with fabrics now and again. Kat's actually getting properly stuck in and getting things done on her own.
The volley of flack being aimed at Kat in the comments says a lot about the people making those comments...not in a good way.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Exactly, IMO the driver is MP

Brendas House
made me think of something :unsure: didn't realize immediately......my son found out:
chaînes d'angle (=toothed quoins ? ) like spiral binders !
The whole quarter looks as if they had used the copy/paste function. Don't like it.
Haha this is gossip I Like

Reactions: 6
Brenda is back on end credits as top tier patreon. Do you think she had a dispute with SJ and left? But came back quietly to keep up appearances with her fanclub?
Nah, she just maxed out her Donegal First Grifters Bank credit card buying knock-off store stock.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Nah, she just maxed out her Donegal First Grifters Bank credit card buying knock-off store stock.
Maybe SJ just "forgot" to say her name. Just to put up some pressure. Like when your BFF suddenly doesn't call you for a week...

This is a Lalande merchandising project that seems to be sanctioned by SJ with proceeds going to charity! So different from what Brenda is up to...
Love it, I saw her pics on Facebook. That's the proper way to do it.

I really can't stand PP as part of the vlog production. I can't believe I care so much.
Don't worry he will be gone soon.

Some of the comments on the latest vlog are something else. A few are having a go at Kat and want her to leave, stating she thinks she's the new princess and Lalalande and shouldn't be throwing things out.
They are just scared their not yet opened gifts are among those

Have to agree with the above, I found myself saying "for God's sake get out of bed!" Be an adult and sit at a desk to work...though I sounded like my mum :oops: there...and if I was there with her I would stay IN bed with her. She sleeps till noon as well and whinges about having to walk for half an hour, I am torn. Hard to fancy someone who sometimes acts like my 12 year old daughter:unsure: Anyway, she sits at a desk now, so all is forgiven. Kat was spiky towards Marie today and the new girl (we will be nice to her) looked like the camera was a wild boar. Those glasses to stick in the soil were ridiculous.
Am I wrong or was even Nati kind of mean towards Marie and making fun of her? What was this gras picking and "there are even flowers"?

Random things we found out in the latest CD vlog.
  • Prince Philip is royally allergic to citrus
  • Mushrooms are mesmorising
  • Kat is not afraid to call out SJ’s hoarder tendencies (bravo)
  • Many of the past gifts are surely amongst the pile of ‘to go’ items
  • 4G internet is your friend (if you can find it in amongst the haystacks)
  • SJ needs to grab one or two of those pretty gift boxes and rise her newly-desked laptop to eye level
  • Mummy’s apartment will be stripped bare by the time she and old Percy inhabit it again
  • Selmar was either at “the beach” again or he has dry-walled himself inside the downstairs loo.
PP seems to be allergic to a lot if things.

She has natural charisma and is a charming seductress when she wants so I'm not surprised that you would like to be IN the bed. Also got great muscle tone for someone who does no exercise.
When she was with Dan and the man looking for good soil at the edge of the lake I was embarrassed for her. Think I'd rather spend time with a 12 yr old. More fun and less high maintenance.

No sane person either. I wonder how many people WFH for the first time in their lives have sat in bed working for the past 8 months.
But considering she did everything in bed she is rather successful. I guess this comes with the drama of being a châtelaine and opera star.

Thank you all for the new thread. Aren’t we prolific? So much tattle and ‘craic’. My head is spinning.

Anyway, here is Dear Brenda now looking to harvest physical addresses as well as the email type. Secret Santa with a dose of Donegal dross anyone?
OMG doesn't she have real friends?

I wonder if SJ started editing in bed because it's so cold in the chateau in winter. I do think some of you are being rather unkind, I love how she doesn't mind us seeing her as she is, warts and all
Also she doesn't consider editing work. People do all kind of things not work related in bed:reading, knitting, phoning, studying, texting, netflixing, gossiping 😉, and sometimes even s.e.x.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11

This is a Lalande merchandising project that seems to be sanctioned by SJ with proceeds going to charity! So different from what Brenda is up to...
I remember when this - or its prototype/draft - was sent to Lalande and unwrapped in one of the summer Cadeaux Cascade episodes. Done by an established/published/known writer and illustrator, too! I thought it really charming.

Am I wrong or was even Nati kind of mean towards Marie and making fun of her? What was this gras picking and "there are even flowers"?
I noticed that too, definitely a little dig. Can't really blame Nati though, Marie's 'florals' have had me scratching my head for a while. And then she sits there holding a bunch of weeds.....

• Haha
  • Heart
I wonder if SJ started editing in bed because it's so cold in the chateau in winter. I do think some of you are being rather unkind, I love how she doesn't mind us seeing her as she is, warts and all
Yes I think that is why she edits in bed.The only place to keep warm in winter or indeed spring and autumn inside a château. (Eventually not good for the back though!) I too like that she is unfussed about being seen half dressed although clearly she has nothing to be self conscious about! Obviously she knows she’s gorgeous but I don’t believe she deliberately flaunts herself as has been vaguely alluded to in the past.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Don't believe (like the superfans do) that we see Stephanie in her bed with no make up, no hair done and nice robe ready for the camera but just as she was only waking up. Please, don't believe it. Because it's certainly not the case 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Don't believe (like the superfans do) that we see Stephanie in her bed with no make up, no hair done and nice robe ready for the camera but just as she was only waking up. Please, don't believe it. Because it's certainly not the case 😂
I feel like a little innocent princess on this forum sometimes! I honestly do believe that Stephanie on occasion does wake up and grab the camera. I also think that she made a decision right from the start to show herself on the vlogs both with and without makeup, just because she wanted to keep it as a real visual journal of her life, not for some knowing fake reality. I think she was too naive about vlogging in the beginning for that kind of cynicism.

Reactions: 15
Crikey you’ve all written War and Peace pt2 since I last looked!

Yes the morning wakeups are staged- there is no doubt that someone brings SJ a mug of tea and a biscuit (probably at 12pm) but they are definitely turned around and asked to enter again stage left when all is organised with the camera, microphone, shutters open etc etc.

In the beginning it was much less ‘organised’ but over the last year definitely more thought has gone into what is filmed and how we all see it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Even I do admit to the occasional cynical thought about the morning tea delivery being caught on camera!

Perhaps Prince Phillip reminds Stephanie of a young Michael Potts (when they dated) Just look at his hair!!! He is sitting next to "daddy". In front Nic and his sister. Before Youtube waved its magic wand...:coffee::)

Attachments

• Heart
Some of the comments on the latest vlog are something else. A few are having a go at Kat and want her to leave, stating she thinks she's the new princess and Lalalande and shouldn't be throwing things out.

The volley of flack being aimed at Kat in the comments says a lot about the people making those comments...not in a good way.
What I don't understand is why Stephanie never ever answers these sort of comments anymore. It should be part of Nati's job to read them and point them out to Stephanie.
Cat is a beautiful, strong, witty and independent young woman. Many people (paradoxically other women) can't bear this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I noticed that too, definitely a little dig. Can't really blame Nati though, Marie's 'florals' have had me scratching my head for a while. And then she sits there holding a bunch of weeds.....
She is coming across increasingly childlike recently..... with all her "ooh flowers" schtick acting like she's never seen one before, like that time recently she made them stop the car so she could photograph flowers at the side of the road which were completely underwhelming and went on for far too long, and honestly her childlike wonderment on that walk was like she had just arrived on Earth from Mars.

It used to be endearing but sitting there clutching 6 straggly weeds and a mushroom and refusing to put them down to drink her champagne was a bit silly

Can't work out if she is genuinely obsessed with every single leaf and twig she catches sight of, or if its a bit faux "flower hippie" for her brand

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I like Cat. I agree completely with her summary of the movement of the junk. Nothing EVER seems to leave the chateau! We watch the stables being cleaned and organised, then a few months later it looks like a dumping ground again. The laundry room quickly reverted to its original state post Tomaz. I’m far from a minimalist myself☺ but even I look at some of the rooms and corridors and think what a load of junk! I bet when everyone’s gone to bed SJ is down by that pile of stuff destined for Emmaus, picking through the ‘treasures’ and putting them in another room.

Im relieved that SJ wasn’t left alone to walk back to the chateau at dusk....😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
I don’t mind Stephanie‘s laying in and working in bed at all. Does it look spoiled? Sure, but that is exactly the character she shows us. The reasonable rich, Chateau owning, only having a business to not go completely broke but making sure her private money covers her lifestyle first, fun, very into culture and arts bon vivant. I would say she tries to emulate the life of the poor gentry gentleman. Having an estate, still keeping up the lifestyle in parts, but struggling to keeping the estate afloat, no official employment (a gentleman doesn’t work) but savvy enough to create schemes that bring in money. The B&B to pay for the Chateau (not herself) run more as private fun than real hard commitment (too many holidays for her to be there all the time), work aways and volunteers because she feels lonely instead of making the B&B running and renovations the important part. Her having a lie in every morning, while staying up very late fits this pattern. It’s a mix between lady of the house and socialite with long entertaining evenings. Parading around in expensive beautiful morning gowns just showcase this more. It’s the perfect modern translation of the Downtown Abbey vibe.
Apart from that- answering mails and editing can be perfectly done in bed, on a sofa, in the car, on a desk. I don’t think she is a person that lacks the energy or the work motivation when not getting dressed in the morning or leaving her bedroom. Not everyone needs that. She produces a ton of footage and has only increased her output. Staying on top of the mails was never her strongest suit, she admitted as much, but she does ok and she employs Natti. I doubt she would describe herself as a self employed Youtuber. I don’t even think she would describe her B&B venture as her job in that sense. It doesn’t fit the narrative for her to hold down a serious job. It more fun than anything else. The B&B was only there to help the Chateau. Never to fund her own life- so basically she doesn’t work to earn her living.
I will say, I love that narrative. It really emulates modern British gentry and their quirks. She ticks many boxes but little things give it away. For example PRO: she is not vain (at least on the surface), educated, interested, not picky in regards to food ingredients but quality, travel, international group of friends, doesn’t NEED to work, no problem in getting her finger dirty, values family heirlooms and things with a history, good at entertaining and I imagine very easy to talk to- but being a true confidant you are not CONTRA she doesn’t put as much importance on quality (especially in terms of interior) anymore, showing off those gift excesses, but most importantly she doesn’t care for the Chateau itself and the land enough. Bad renovations, not tackling important (but not glamorous) structural renovations, not enough interest in the outdoor areas. With her fan base she could market the Chateau highly successfully. Produce from the garden (cider, chutney, jam), cookbook, postcards, prints from old drawings or old maps/structural maps, after COVID- organising exhibitions, those country fairs...
It’s a very charming existence.
Only problem- No idea how much of that is real for her whole life or if we actually only see a small snippet of her reality.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Watching her latest video...
You would swear that it's the first time for them to leave the chateau in months (other than by car) !
They seem to discover everything about countryside life at once : cows, fields, skies, wild flowers, nettles, mushrooms, cows again, fences etc etc. A bit too much to be true.
As for Ian and his electrical wires/internet modem... I can't believe they asked their farm neighbours to put all this in their barn. Do they really know rural deep France people ? I do. Problems ahead I'm afraid. Not to mention all the cables all around wooden beams and... haystacks ! 😱
More and more, when watching her latest videos, I get the strange feeling that Stephanie (45) stopped growing up at 19 or 20 maximum.
Either her reactions are staged now (and I'm sure it's the case : just compare with her videos one year ago) or there's a probleme. I'm happy to have seen a few comments in her videos saying the same (I'm not alone !).
Oh and why being ecstatic now for a desk in her room and an internet modem... She's been living in this chateau for 15 years and nothing was done about this ?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Good morning all, I'm out of my bed even though it's a super king and could host a party :ROFLMAO:
Yep the cold can be challenging, I've only ever lived in big old draughty houses, a lot with single glazing and was born in a Georgian style house built in 1861 so I completely appreciate keeping warm. My top-tip for SJ is to wear cashmere / wool and invest in a pair of sheepskin slipper boots.
50 odd hours a week editing is work, no matter how enjoyable it is and as SJ has said herself she is more productive at a desk/table. The volunteers were right to stage an intervention. Out of the mouth of babes as they say .. They see it, they hear it and they did something about it.

Kat seems lovely - she seems able to nurture and support but in a fun way - would definitely have her in my team
Natti - should go far in life. She's organised, focused, great people skills and a funky dancer
Marie - needs! a clear space to prepare the myriad of dishes she seems to regularly create but is perhaps not the sharpest tool in the box :m
Phillip - he sure did upholster the sofa extremely neatly. He should start working on the bedroom walls in preparation for the wood edging. The boy has patience and a good eye for detail.
Selmar - a man after my own heart, well except for his kiss solo rendition but by god I thought it was hilarious, so a win win all round
Mandi - simply does not want to be on camera - each to their own - I've spent many years having creative successes but have avoided many a video / photo. Hasn't harmed my career at all.
Hanni - bless her, she could do worse than looking up to SJ and being inspired by her
Stephanie - an engaging natural fire cracker who will of course be successful or else we wouldn't be here chatting about CD and all it's dynamics

Gosh, have I started bedgate :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

1605697366747.png

Interesting photo for all those who question the reality :ROFLMAO:

1605697869003.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.