The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's ok, don't panic, Prince Billy is on his way. The cakes of France will be saved! Sacrebleu!

Reactions: 14
SJ is a performer at heart. She wanted to have an opera career and want to be a hostess to extravagant parties. I think in the earlier vlogs, we see her being more natural, but now that the vlogs/Patreon have taken off, she feels the need to put on a show all the time. I do think that is how she is naturally, but it's just gotten more extreme now that she has this platform.

Reactions: 12
She said she never wanted an opera career and nowadays never chooses to listen to opera or any other music. She was pushed into training as a singer by Isabelle.

I agree the chateau is her Wendy House and also that she is best suited to more adult, educated, and cultured company. The current crop of volunteers are often fun but come across as pretty boring for conversation unless we are missing something.

I also think that covid and lockdowns have been the main spoilers this year. She had some interesting plans in the pipeline, and I think might have gone down a different path than frequent vlogs and cadeaux vlogs had she been both busier at home and away on history research visits.

Reactions: 15
I really think she was dropping hints for the Gift Grab. Why not tell them exactly what you want?

Back up the delivery truck because we will soon see as much brown sugar arriving much like the pink gravel was dumped off. Oh along with the worlds most expansive replacement pencils!

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Also people tend to be extra critical with people they love most

Reactions: 11
Your right, there will be lorry loads of Spode fleur de lys heading its way to la lande . Stephanie can purchase whatever she wants , but to choose to film it is quite cynical, cue lots of fake surprise and delight on cadeaux at the chateau ?

Reactions: 11
Snap

Methinks she might have a new video coming with MP .... June’s latest tragedy

Why would PP think
He could eat Christmas cake

Je suits desolation.... it was his allergy non ??

LOTL is slippery than we give her credit for

Reactions: 2
I thought Nati was heading home. Am in SF and we are too inundated with our own Covid coverage and now curfews so no idea if they even leave the ShatO at this point. Other than Ryan of course!
At the moment no one can fly from the UK unless it is for business, maybe its the same for France

Reactions: 3
To be fair .... if your of a certain age ... cough
The Rolling Stones ... brown sugar .....
Is in this modern times .... snow

Think it was tounge in cheek no brown sugar here

Reactions: 1
To be fair .... if your of a certain age ... cough
The Rolling Stones ... brown sugar .....
Is in this modern times .... snow
You've got me there @MojoDublin I don't get it, please explain ..
Drugs reference ?? cause brown sugar sure is an offensive song in other ways but so was Mick Jagger to Marsha Hunt

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
@C'est la vie @frenchessence Yes I noticed the reappropriation of MPs bedroom! We should be thankful she didn’t say Ps new room

I'm actually more worried that it means pp has moved into sj's room! I wonder if they'll reveal that they are hooking up in a vlog - i reckon public opinion of both sj and pp would plummet after that. He is over 20 years younger than her and sickeningly sycophantic. Hopefully, the whole thing will be extremely short-lived. A lockdown romance borne out of necessity, soon forgotten when new excitement comes back to the chateau.

i think mp has taken to sleeping in the more luxe b and b rooms. last time he was there, i remember the mention of the smell of his perfume when they were in one of the plusher rooms. take from that what you will. either sj distancing herself from him, physically and emotionally, or mp decides he is too good for the undecorated rooms and has more expensive tastes now...

Reactions: 4
Talking about French food, isn't it funny that she exports chefs from UK to cook for her workshops? If I'd participate in a workshop held in a chateau, I'd expect French cuisine. Otherwise it's completely understandable to cook British comfort food to feel like home: shepherds pies, apple crumble and such. Only thing French in their dinner table is the cheese platter, the mother of all French cuisine cliches. The volunteers aren't getting a very French experience, French language and food is missing, the most important part IMO.

I sometimes wonder why SJ is even in France. She would've surely bought an English country house if she'd have afforded one?
Their relationship is changing into more collegial one. They'll see each other less and less, they're so busy. Of course you'll accommodate your friend to a better room if possible

Reactions: 8
I believe SJ has delegated pretty much everything to Nati. Including reading Tattle, so please Nati when you find time, create more playlists (brocantes, cooking, house tour, gardening highlights...) for us there's so many videos it's difficult to find certain subjects.

Reactions: 8
Nati is moving her desk "to the bedroom directly above Nics bedroom" (min. 4:44) !
No I think Nati is definitely going into Nics old bedroom. There was a ‘comma’ after directly above. The chateau is only two floors, then the attic.
Snap ! my thought exactly ... I mentioned that this morning ... wondering what MP would think about this - & saying there hadn’t been any mention of him - or a reference to the earlier blogs where SJ said it would now be MP’s bedroom when he stayed there.

I think this may be the new ‘appalling art’ debate ... is it ‘directly above, Nic’s bedroom’ or is it ‘directly above Nic’s bedroom ‘ ???
I think the former ‘directly above, Nic’s bedroom ! ‘ ..... ie Nati is moving INTO Nic’s bedroom - not above it that would surely be in the attic ?

Reactions: 6
There's no room above Nic's bedroom? It's already under the eaves?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.