The Chateau Diaries #39 The Grifterista Social Club

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know this Forum is for Chateau DIaries but I just watched How to Renovate a Chateau and the same annoyance bubbles through. Anna is decorating the 4th bedroom but cannot give away the details for because Ch4 is filming. But we don’t need details ....I can assume it will be all single color in a shade of green with no detailing in any contrast color and some of her hand printed wallpaper in a similarly bland shade. Even their two renovated apartments which are shown in the intro all come from the same palette. I hear raves about her good taste but I have to question how good your taste is when you only have one style and you stick to it unwaveringly for decades? Perhaps the grand reveal will prove me wrong and show us that she is more than a one trick pony.

Am I being too sensitive to it, but it seems that Philippe is also now panhandling shamelessly for contributions for his gadgets? That being said, I cannot deny the high quality of their work and it is truly enjoyable to watch, so at least there is a genuine value for money proposition to a contribution to them.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I know this Forum is for Chateau DIaries but I just watched How to Renovate a Chateau and the same annoyance bubbles through. Anna is decorating the 4th bedroom but cannot give away the details for because Ch4 is filming. But we don’t need details ....I can assume it will be all single color in a shade of green with no detailing in any contrast color and some of her hand printed wallpaper in a similarly bland shade. Even their two renovated apartments which are shown in the intro all come from the same palette. I hear raves about her good taste but I have to question how good your taste is when you only have one style and you stick to it unwaveringly for decades? Perhaps the grand reveal will prove me wrong and show us that she is more than a one trick pony.

Am I being too sensitive to it, but it seems that Philippe is also now panhandling shamelessly for contributions for his gadgets? That being said, I cannot deny the high quality of their work and it is truly enjoyable to watch, so at least there is a genuine value for money proposition to a contribution to them.
I stopped counting how many times Anna mentioned “Patron”.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Nail on the head (emphasis mine).

I would suggest that he planned worming his way into her favour in The Netherlands, long before he ever set foot in La Lande. Someone said before he reminded them of Uriah Heap, and I could not agree more. He is arrogant enough to think of himself as a Trojan Horse. He is either feeding off of her to advance his acting career, with exposure on a popular YT vlog, or he plans to exploit her through conjugal means. The thing is, he is too dim-witted to realise that SJ is like a venus flytrap, who will use him, eat him up, and spit him out like a pip. Pip! That will be my new name for him, because even though he is there purely to exploit her, he is the one who is going to be eaten, and it is only a matter of time.
Gosh I hope you are right! Surely he will have to leave before his "skit" starts in December? Hopefully he will leave months before for rehearsals. Please, please, please.
I can't believe that Fanny was so desperate for a male ( I can't bring myself to call that kiddo a man), that she decided to start a physical relationship with an employee.
He should quit that "job" ( what the hell does he do again???) and just follow her around sniffing like he already does as an unpaid "friend".

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think Anna and Philip are restrained in their decorations due to funds. They seem to be getting the basics implemented - warmth, clean, comfortable rooms; bathrooms, etc. They can add to this basic palette later. I fast forward through their vlogs just to see if anything interesting done. The whole play acting I find embaressing and demeaning.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
The word pontificate parrrfectly describes BJJ's annoying way of stealing scenes to voice out unsolicited opinions.
Why can't he be a cameraman with NO opinions for once?
What's a better morphology to add to the CD glossary? Pontiphilipicate or Philipontificate?

Examples:
1) BJJ was last seen on the comments section pontiphilipicating what a chateau is or isn't.
2) BJJ can't help but philipontificate behind the scenes.

😆 ✌
Pontiphilcate?

• Haha
  • Heart
I just joined this glorious site! Has anyone already remarked how Selmar originally wanted to be Stephanie's love interest until he got pushed out by Phillip? Back when he first came to the shitoo, he was clearly fixated on her.

And how creepy is it that Phillip basically admitted to stalking Stephanie on one of the Vlogs. He saw her on YouTube, fell in love with her, volunteered to work at the shitoo, and now he's her #1 boy toy. Creepy!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
How to Renovate a Chateau and the same annoyance bubbles through. Anna is decorating the 4th bedroom but cannot give away the details for because Ch4 is filming. But we don’t need details ....I can assume it will be all single color in a shade of green with no detailing in any contrast color and some of her hand printed wallpaper in a similarly bland shade. Even their two renovated apartments which are shown in the intro all come from the same palette. I hear raves about her good taste but I have to question how good your taste is when you only have one style and you stick to it unwaveringly for decades?
Well some people believe a "whole house consistency" is one sign of good design. Does good taste mean you design with many styles, not one style? I am not sure how good taste relates to number of styles someone can do. Also she designed for Balmain. I'd be interested to know exactly what she designed at Balmain. Nothing in that house says Balmain to me. So maybe whatever her design sense was with clothing, she was able to adapt to a different style with decor.

It might not have enough amped up energy for some people's preference. Again, I think personal preference is different than "good taste."

Reactions: 12
To be fair, hands are for many reasons very difficult to draw and even some of the old masters couldn't do it properly or cheated with optical aids. Or just had the models put the hands into pockets to avoid it altogether. Which would certainly be suitable to portray the chateau grifters😂😂👐👐

Lots of changes to his body since this video (or he has misplaced his sock)
The dancing was awkward but I like the songs, nice party summer songs so I can see why they were locally a hit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
The word pontificate parrrfectly describes BJJ's annoying way of stealing scenes to voice out unsolicited opinions.
Why can't he be a cameraman with NO opinions for once?
What's a better morphology to add to the CD glossary? Pontiphilipicate or Philipontificate?

Examples:
1) BJJ was last seen on the comments section pontiphilipicating what a chateau is or isn't.
2) BJJ can't help but philipontificate behind the scenes.

😆 ✌
To Philipontificate
easier to pronounce
LUUve it, you're a genius, @Marquis de Potpourri

Reactions: 5
Earrings from BJJ
Look at those arms and legs! Looking good in a loose-fitting dress, Pavlova could give a sumo wrestler a run for his money ...🤣

Instagram
Not a very flattering portrait of IsaNotBelle, is it?

And how creepy is it that Phillip basically admitted to stalking Stephanie on one of the Vlogs. He saw her on YouTube, fell in love with her, volunteered to work at the shitoo, and now he's her #1 boy toy. Creepy!
That's not what I heard. Apparently, Stefanny kissed one of the hedgehogs one night and it turned into PhilEp. Look at the creep's hair and nose ... if you look closely you'll see he's got a face like a hedgehog. Could account for all the snorting ...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
I can't believe that Fanny was so desperate for a male ( I can't bring myself to call that kiddo a man), that she decided to start a physical relationship with an employee.
He should quit that "job" ( what the hell does he do again???) and just follow her around sniffing like he already does as an unpaid "friend".
According to @Clara Burnett this has been common practice for years, it may be one of the reasons she was removed from Workaway. The other reason may be using volunteers to work in the B&B without financial compensation, that is also not allowed. One thing is certain, she was removed, she did not leave voluntarily.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Just fark off Sir Snortalot!
papill6n

2 hours ago
Great video. But I'm suprised we are calling this a chateau/castle. For me it' s a just a big mansion or country house.

Hide 2 replies

Philip Janssen
Philip Janssen
2 hours agoIn France, it’s not about the size of the building, but the function it had in the past! Like Le Fleur, this newer building was built on the foundations/grounds of a building that was classified as a château. Therefore, they’re still considered châteaux ❤

Same for the "chateau mas du Pradié" (Julia the owner was a guest at Chateau de Brives with the rest of them).
I know quite well the region where it is located. A Mas is/was a farm. This Mas was certainly a big farmhouse but absolutely not a "chateau" !
These Brits "chateaux" owners all have a "folie des grandeurs" (delusion of grandeur)

Just watched SJ's Sunday vlog. "Perfectly decorated" des Brives looks like another maison de maitre pretending to be a chateau decorated like a brocante! It has no design coherence, which is exactly SJ's style, defined in her words as, "...you mix things and find beauty everywhere and then use it." Another Frankenstein of interior design that would make Bunny Williams convulse!

View attachment 606525

Hey, BJJ! Good job pontificating, but you gotta read up, buddy!
View attachment 606541
I checked and Philip got it wrong. In Brives-sur-Charentes history, no mention of a ancient chateau. Their "chateau" looks like a big Maison de Maitre (again) built during the Consulat or about (early 19e century).

Re Kat's return. She may find the dynamics quite different on her return. The paid companion's presumed ownership and leadership of LaLa.
Next Cadeaux at the Chateau vlog is about her and her presents waiting for her...
She's no different than the rest of them.
But we knew it otherwise she would not have been back to Lalande.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Indeed. George really seemed to take pride in all the random things they've hoarded.
I love his taste actually. I have a bit of experience in the decor realm and he’s got great taste in my opinion. The soft furnishings are bit smushed but fabulous choices in objects and combining everything in an eclectic way. It’s not for everyone, but for people who love antiques he’s on the money.

• Heart
I feel sorry for Oliver if he has to try drawing SJ's hands! I do think, however, that he should paint a portrait of her with her arms stretched out and her fingers and claws extended in the air where they get stuck when she stops talking until she suddenly realises she has left them there and very self-consciously tries to do something else with them. It's hilarious! You can see that, despite the feigned interest in other people, her main incentive in every vlog is her own image.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think Marie has the same hair as me. I was blonde until it went mousy brown in my teens and it’s even darker now - still have light eyebrows tho 😂
Same here. I was a platinum blonde as a child with very fair eyebrows. After I insisted on cutting my hair in my teens, it gradually darkened and then I had to have blonde tips! Now it's gone silver grey with no help at all...eyebrows still fair tho. Most natural blondes have fair eyebrows and lashes. The usual tell tale sign is the part/tram tracks, like SJ when she leaves it too long between visits with Annelise.

I think Anna and Philip are restrained in their decorations due to funds. They seem to be getting the basics implemented - warmth, clean, comfortable rooms; bathrooms, etc. They can add to this basic palette later. I fast forward through their vlogs just to see if anything interesting done. The whole play acting I find embaressing and demeaning.
Another two typically to-the-point insights, you've been on fire lately.
Philipp's playacting lends, or paves the way for, a whole wave of grift from the Fleuries. Which we clearly can see coming down the pipeline.

According to @Clara Burnett this has been common practice for years, it may be one of the reasons she was removed from Workaway. The other reason may be using volunteers to work in the B&B without financial compensation, that is also not allowed. One thing is certain, she was removed, she did not leave voluntarily.
I still can't understand why she's a repeat offender on the notoriously strict laws of karma around schtupping the help.
(That would be, the help becomes as badly executed as the schtupping. :rolleyes: )

Will Selmar ever again be featured in an SJ vid? Now that he's declared his allegiance to Tatty Yana?

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Looks like SJ is desperate to recapture the magic from last year. 🤪 I never want to re-live last year. So, will Cat become your new FRK???

1623059491432.png

Meanwhile, in LA, the scene of all our best apocalypses, hundreds of feral peacocks have taken to wandering Pasadena, cawing like tortured babies and spreading the joys of guano throughout the high rent latitudes.
Watch out, France.

Looks like SJ is desperate to recapture the magic from last year. 🤪 I never want to re-live last year. So, will Cat become your new FRK???

View attachment 606826
Cat has a university degree in theology. A real vocation, and livelihood, in music.
And a lot of sexual energy. I wonder if SJ is setting up some kind of faux gay escapade as she seems to have engineered around MW.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.