The Chateau Diaries #311 Got to pretend to be in the UK for 181 days a year to be a UK tax resident!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree. I thought the whole thing was a shambles and a hot mess and I don't mean their choices necessarily but the execution. It seemed to be cobbled together at the last minute...poorly planned and rushed. Kinda like a lot of the other crap they make at the manor. What was the point of such a quick turnaround between announcement and wedding date? Makes me very suspicious of their motives. Just more manufactured Youtube content by two folks who don't have an original thought in their head.

Thank you to Viv (or is it her daughter, who I believe does the editing for Chateau Love) for panning that Mayor's office not once but multiple times as well as outside after the ceremony and then showing the hurried, late arrival of the two punks from Lalande. I thought her video was revealing.

Reactions: 26
Today's M&M vlog is mostly the ceremony with the Mairie. I was nice, and they were surrounded by family and true friends. Sara and her mother hugging at the conclusion was really sweet.
They're good people, only fault is their association with Fanny. I wish them well.
But I'll still have a go at them when I see the opportunity.

Reactions: 31
Thinking about what we'd serve at a moist party.
https://giphy.com/POpjhnJthex5TJNatk
I think we'd all have to oil up.
There might be Jello wrestling.
And cabana boys with spraying bottles of cheap champagne.
Can we book that for tomorrow night's VIP lounge entertainment. Open house special, VIPs and non VIPs welcome to mark the occasion of Despicable fanny's almost demise.
---
Yes you are eligible to vote it was announced a couple of days ago. You can register on line but I’ve no idea whether you will be in time for 4th July.
Thank you @Madame de Pompanddoodoo possibly another case of not making it obviously public. As with the Brexit vote.
---
Thank you @YoungAtHeart it gives me a starting point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
I don't think they had much time for extras, it seems it was only about 3 weeks from when they told us to the day... and she sewed her outfits.. They don't splash the cash either so they may not have money for all that.. I know my wedding was a bouquet for me and boutonnieres for the groom and best man.. Did all my own catering and the reception was in our new house. My son works with a guy who's getting married, one child and another on the way and they're spending $40K+ on a wedding! Doesn't make sense to me.

Reactions: 24
Agreed, they spent the absolute minimum . . . just like they do on everything else.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Ugh oh......I watched Vivienne's vlog. I totally forgot about Steve and Sara's vlog! I might have to save that for later as I'm all cried out. I think it must be the heat, I don't know. It really caught me off guard.

Also, I agree....they're not terrible people. But they definitely make it easy to poke fun at them.

Reactions: 28
Had to fix a typo above... and add:

Back rolls.

Reactions: 14
I had a tear too... I think because I've never seen them so fond of each other, which was lovely...... And she's so unassuming, she said 'we'll be back shortly, you're welcome to come too or stay here', (or similar)... It may be the only wedding day she ever has, she's not one for fuss though.

Reactions: 25
Exciting for the village…
Casual is one thing it just seemed lacking in celebration.
Snorts was charging ahead, he definitely does not look out for the old girl despite what she leads us to believe.
My brother had his wedding over three days . Huge expense for everyone

Attachments

Reactions: 21
I've not heard anything

Reactions: 15
Totally agree with you. If I was a friend I would have proposed to either do all the petit-fours and/or hold the bar and make the cocktails. I would have suggest flowers on the banister and flowers on the posts of the gazebo and on the tables all with lovely ribbons (as she is a seamstress it would have fit as well as little pieces of carved wood fitting for shrek)... Weird friends they have. (unless it was offered and they declined)

Reactions: 19
The quick turnaround was shared on one of their vlogs.. their lawyer strongly advised to marry asap due to the French property rights… married straightforward the other inherits.. unmarried very complicatd and problematic..

Reactions: 25
Are they lime trees?
Had to chuckle when something about children was mentioned in the ceremony. Maybe that’s why they invited Snorts.
This has been said before but Shreks greasy hair makes me want to I couldn’t stand being near him and Sarah I’m not sure what look you were going for with your hair but you're not maid Marion and pick a colour and stick with it. Out of everything that wasn’t great with the look, the hair was the worst.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.