The Chateau Diaries #310 What does Phillip do for a living? NOTHING!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh wow @M&MsMom that's crazy and too close for comfort. It always amazes me how just a few feet or a couple of streets can make the difference between devastation and normalcy. Glad you are all ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Have you noticed Dan seems to have a continual "cold" (allergies, sinus infections?). Is this what his life will now be going forward after working in the chateau ruins for the past year? He always sounds nasally and red nose. His recent vlog showed 12 months ago to the day when the first beam was cut and no "nazzle" sounds could be heard.

Reactions: 27
@JackSpratt

Lying old trout, did I see two passports in her JCB hand.

What an utter waste of your money patreons, she's seeing the old girl soon why? Just why, got to drop off some important documentation? Hope you're interested in seeing the exhibition, not really what you're coughing up the $$$$ for though is it?

Yes she definitely had 2 passports in her hand but curiouser and curiouser if she was with someone else why would she be holding their passport? Pavlina was flying off somewhere earlier this week suppose it could have been hers.
Maybe she has a French and a UK passport my husband when he travels brings both of his Jordanian and his US passport just in case somebody asks
---
If you should take them to London then the Churchill war rooms might really interest them. I took my son when he was about 10 or 11.
This was my grandfather, who landed on Normandy, he made it out but his brother Anthony is still in France.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I hope that Fanny doesn't attempt to do a similar vlog to the Fleurie's touching vlog about the 80th anniversary of DDay . (Liarlande is only an hour and a half away from Oradour-sur-Glane - a ghost town memorial to a WW2 massacre in 1944. ). It would be fascinating vlog but Fanny's insincerity and fake tears would be absolutely sickening. Much better to traipse around designer clothes shops, china outletsjunk shops and film Snorts eating creme caramel that someone else has paid for.
View attachment 2978009
Didn't the couple on Chateau to Farmhouse do a vlog on that location? I can remember Peter discussing it and given it the reverence it was due.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Didn't the couple on Chateau to Farmhouse do a vlog on that location? I can remember Peter discussing it and given it the reverence it was due.
I don't know as I didn't really follow them - I'll look put for that.

Thank you for sharing that. I have found it and will watch it later.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Thank you Tuffiti.
Fanny is delusional, she believes her own lies.
She got there( London) that morning and is flying back later that day?
Lady A is correct of course… more than one day,did Fanny have to sign some paperwork that could not be done virtually?
Why Fanny was washing bedding IDK. There are two bedrooms and three beds and last time she filmed Baghead there he was on the sofa bed. Either a lot of bed swapping or lies! We’re Mummy and Percy in London and stayed at the flat for Mummy to have her free medical eye and health checks?
Fanny has to have fish and chips as it will be a lot cheaper than food from Fortnums. What an idiot. Fortnums is the most expensive supermarket in the Uk and no you do not have to use this store.
Fanny loves this wallpaper she waxes lyrically about it, shame she has no walls that are not falling down or already hideously wallpapered by her.
Fanny returns to the dump and says she has missed Trixie , who has shrunk his new pants already. Who misses somewhen you have only been away one day.? No fanny not even you.
Upon arriving back at the shitoo I like how Fanny said she was retiring to her boudoir to play with Ratso rather than her beloved fiance.... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Maybe she has a French and a UK passport my husband when he travels brings both of his Jordanian and his US passport just in case somebody asks
---

This was my grandfather, who landed on Normandy, he made it out but his brother Anthony is still in France.
Yes she has both to timey wimey make it look as though she spends more than 6 months in the UK to pay taxes there and save €€€€

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Congratulations to you too mine's a G&T 🥂 🥂 🍸🍸
---

I've visited the invasion beaches, cemeteries, Pegasus Bridge and Sainte Mere Eglise several times over the years and it never fails to make me cry.

I'm guessing it still does and sadly I can't remember the tune but each day in the American cemetery a tune is played of a song that was popular the day they died.

The German cemeteries are equally moving and there was one we went to which had an inscription over the entrance that read, remember some of these men, it was not their choice to be here.

I've been doing family history for some time and we've done some research into Mr Spratt's maternal Grand Father.

We've found out that not only was he rescued from the beaches at Dunkirk, he was then sent back out to the mediterranean ending up being captured by the Italians and put in a prisoner of war camp.

He escaped from there, helped by resistance fighters and ended up in Switzerland.

Mr Spratt knew hardly any of this info as his Grandad never ever spoke of it, as was the case with so many because of the horrors they saw. He never accepted his medal either.

Mr Spratt said his Grandad was such a lovely kind and gentle man, it's terrible to think what he witnessed.

So very interesting.
Now my mum is 94, I occasionally hear new stories - the D Day news items jogged her memory and she told me she remembers seeing planes flying overhead off to invade France and they had white stripes on them that they'd never seen before. They lived in BourneEnd - just west of London along the Thames.

• Heart
If you were on a bus for that time wouldn’t you film it for all your overseas subscribers who would like to see London?
She was def. not zooming around London on a bus - about 3 weeks ago I was in the Islington area & took various buses in & out of Angel - I can't tell you how many road works/diversions/ driver changes etc there were to make every journey in central London last longer than an average Ryanair flight to France. She would have vlogged out of sheer boredom & to rack up the content as you said but I bet she just Ubered door to door everywhere - but why not say it, they're not that exorbitant as I know - In the end bus fatigue got the better of me & losing half the day trying to get anywhere was too time consuming so I came to rely on Uber for the remaining journeys rather than the Tube.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I'm one of the 2- passport jugglers - the British one for entering the UK & the other for Europe, making queuing shorter & less hassle - this is probably the reason that SJ has 2 when travelling - she has French nationality as well.
---
Sorry, passport mystery solved, I just missed a beat

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
That's the one i think, Blaenavon.
There's also one at Blaenau Festinniog. Not far from where my relatives are from.
---
Did anyone see this today and think it looks like Huge Grunt? No offense intended to Jeanne Córdova.
Screenshot_20240606-171536.png

• Heart
Reactions: 18
@T Rex this is exciting to know Captain Sandy will be back on below deck. I did not enjoy the last season at all. The guest were a tiny bit junkie and I did not love the crew so I will be excited to see a local on below deck. Captain Sandy is bad ass. I tried to below deck sailing as my brother is a sailing kind of guy and his bought a 1979 something something sailboat and he sells in a lake in Fort Worth, Texas. But alas, I didn’t really find that interesting.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm one of the 2- passport jugglers - the British one for entering the UK & the other for Europe, making queuing shorter & less hassle - this is probably the reason that SJ has 2 when travelling - she has French nationality as well.
---
Sorry, passport mystery solved, I just missed a beat
Totally get the 180 days thing, but was she not fannying about, some time back, with some Irish passport fantasy involving a grandparent because getting a French passport was too difficult (probably because Isabelle and Derek never bothered doing the extensive paperwork to register her birth via consular channels when she was born. In Glasgow, I believe. Gaun yersel, Fanny!)

• Heart
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.