The Chateau Diaries #305 2 containers full of junk and off to the brocante to buy more. Weeee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep our weather over the West side is rain all next week. It was 27 here yesterday, bloody cold and wet today.

Reactions: 20
Summer puuuuuuuuuuuuuuudding-g-g, I'm cryin' here.
Fish curry.
Individual dahls.
What a delightful lunch, I'm feeling the food love all the way over here.

Reactions: 23
Fanny jumping on bandwagons:
  • Barbie movie
  • American Thanksgiving
  • Tuesday Tacos
  • Buying designer clothes and handbags
  • Beachy waves
  • Cat eye makeup
  • Christian Louboutin stilettos
and now...
  • Aurelia borealis!
What's next?

Reactions: 25
Scorpio, thank you for the weather update-very helpful. Is there any chance you could pop by Fanny’s and get some pictures of the orange fencing and shipping containers. Better yet, pop in an ask to see the chapel so you can pick out the paaaarfect spot for the tattle star!

Reactions: 33
IMO, Marie has Borderline Personality Disorder and needs professional help. She's impulsive, moody, quick to anger, disassociates herself from reality, can't be alone for long, etc. Until she address her problems she will just be stuck in a vicious cycle of codependency, hence her staying at the dump with Fanny. Due to her disorder, she's incapable of being passionate about anything. She's not passionate about flowers - doesn't know a daffodil from a lilly. She's not passionate about food obviously. Unfortunately, Fanny probably has one of the worst personalities, narcissism, for Marie to be around. It's a very unhealthy and destructive relationship for Marie. Get help girl, now, run don't walk to the mental health experts!

Reactions: 28
Could you also check on the chickens, Ruby and Leftalot’s weeping eyes while you’re at the dump! Merci!

Reactions: 27
They simply needs a shoot like Billster bought for his Convent, Come On Grant just stack empty boxes in container Fanny will be non the wiser and in
Years to come when or if she looks just claim that mice must have eaten the books but the cardboard boxes are rodent resistant.

Yep our weather over the West side is rain all next week. It was 27 here yesterday, bloody cold and wet today.
Here too. It rained earlier this week then nice Friday, Saturday and today. It did rain in the night last night. And no Aurora borealis for me Only a slight show in the region last night. Doubt they'll be anything tonight with the cloud coming in.

I do wonder if Despicable fannys light show is a ruse to garner attention and drum up more business. Sad isn't it, she can't be trusted with the truth on anything. Like the little boy who cried wolf.

Reactions: 22

Reactions: 26
im waiting for the ‘pine martens’ vlog. Even the rabid fans are commenting.
She must say something soon surely

Reactions: 23
So much soulful cooking and thinking going on here.
@T Rex and other farmers’ market denizens, do you think Marie’s addiction to the supermarket is a symptom of her ill-informed notion of what’s Klassy? She thinks shopping at the supermarket is Klassy, whereas shopping among the honest farming peasants is way too close to one’s own origins? And that one can always be sure the sous vide duck from the supermarket is Klassier than the fermiere wife pate and fresh farm cheese? Or Romain Moreau’s tomato concasse, make from his own tomatoes in his own kitchen in Crozon sur Vauvre?
Also, one might fear the farmers’ market because one doesn’t know what they’re selling, one doesn’t speak French, one might Make The UnKlassy Choice.
I’m going to keep observing her desire to transform delinquent ingredients into That Which They Are Not, a smear of pureed broccoli under a block of potato terrine with egg white extruded from a pastry bag on top. I think I see the point of the broccoli puree schmear — to add a layer of flavor to a composed and unified dish. But I am actually doubtful and don’t know any eater who thinks an unavoidable layer of, say, broccoli flavor on a pork and scallop dish is an addition to the experience. I think a lawyer or a scholar of fascist rhetoric would call it spurious.
I can’t think of any circumstance under which I’d choose to eat pureed broccoli. The textures, including the peeled stalk, which I learned from my Sicilian MIL, are so very much part of the pleasure of eating it. Soup, maybe. Trying to get picky little children to eat it, soup for sure.
The lengths to which one would go for the really sexy ingredient, whether strawberries of the moment, or Spanish lessons with your Turmeric Man (you go, T Rex). It takes some knowledge of the world to get a thrill from the $20 veg haul and the restaurant supply meat haul. I have a supermercado near me where Mexican ingredients and vibe — canned JuMex guava nectar, I love it — are available. One thing they have the wypipo store doesn’t have is weird meat, which I love and cherish, from feet to kidneys and heart, as well as a pound of ham scraps from the deli, real ham for soup and beans. Ditto bacon scraps. There are people I love who wouldn’t be caught dead there, among them rednecks fearful of chile. Not going there. Even they are converting and now sometimes have carne adobada for breakfast.
Maybe we can have world peace after all.
So here's my absolutely killer very best Mexican cooking tip of all time, I think it's Diana Kennedy.
Squeeze a fresh orange over your tomato salsa.
And this. Chamoy is your friend.

Reactions: 18
Sometimes husbands are dicks.
Exactly This! I’ll share and tell ya all something that’s worked for me. The husband, who is a bit older, feeling his age i assumed, was becoming a negative old fart. Retired, a bit bored, and as Jules said, flexing his new persona, as a major dick. Nothing physically wrong with him at all, he works out daily, is very fit and healthy. I, however, was an easy target. He enjoyed giving me the business in public too. I was mortified, embarrassed and stopped going places with him.

Anyway, I slowly discontinued all the ‘perks’ he had gotten so used to and apparently took for granted. At one point, i pulled out the big guns and completely stopped cooking. Told him I’m done, that I, too, am now retired. You can figure it out, you’re a big boy, you know where the fridge is. His face went white, He was in complete shock that i would go this far. Well, full disclosure, a few other things were no longer on his table as well.

Old dude got the message, don’t ever disrespect me, attempt to demoralize or intimidate me again. Didn’t take long, a few weeks, and he changed his ways. We now have a new understanding, basically, don’t ever treat me like again. Luckily for him he hasn’t been a dick in months. I now cook, but only occasionally. Truth be told, I really wanted to forego that task for ages.

Anyway, hope this anecdote might help in some small way.

Reactions: 36
Aww now you've made me recall my mum and some of her best "peasant" type foods. One of my favorites was her slow cooked stuffed lambs heart. It was a real treat because locals in Belfast wouldn't buy them so the butcher practically gave them to her and that meant a whole each . I also used to love the pigs feet Dad would bring home wrapped in newspaper, even the grisly crunchy bits - maybe I'm weird lol. I don't get either of those now but i do buy ham hocks especially for soups and stews etc. Hmmm now you have me wondering if I could recreate my mum's slow cooked hearts

Reactions: 20
firstly, I am so sorry you are going through this, it sucks.

question, how is his heart health? My Dad turned into a raging douchecanoe out of nowhere, Turns out it was a desperate need for stints. As soon as he had them, he was back to being the sweet man we know and love.

IT'S . A . VLOG!!
(not a blog)

That is all

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Happy Mothers Day to the Aussies , USA and I think NZ??

I am off to my daughters for Afternoon Tea made by my grand daughter. she is 13.
Food cooked by other people, especially granddaughters, is the very best food of all. Keep us posted.
---
You really are the nicest man, twinbie. I smootch you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.