The Chateau Diaries #303 Nothing at $hitoo Lie Land makes sense, that's why we're all here.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Before commenting on the latest vlog, I feel I must share a flash sale that popped up on the tick-tocking place. For the price of a single Boden shirtwaister (or one strap of a D&G herbaceous border), Steff could buy this little number in all six colour options.

View attachment 2904203
Polyester, admittedly, but no matter.

Merci comme toujours @ComtesseRose and thread namers, etc, etc, etc.
Just don't light the fire in it...
---
You're all very harsh on young master Philip.. he was experimenting a Noir night... many hips were bruised and toes stubbed on that bleeping pool table, but everyone had an interesting night even if they didn't know what the heck they were eating... http://www.onoir.com/en/about

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Actually, I think this is Fanny in her blue jacket, skinny jeans and black pointy loafers - and clutching a glass of wine naturally! She was obviously making the most of the €1.5 wine! (You can see her shoes and ankles when she shows off her tray to Snorty.)

View attachment 2904948
Yep, missed it. You can see a bit of the pink phone as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Snorty gives everyone else nightmares. I see he said "yes" to his wedding dress.

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 19.07.29.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Thank you for the new thread @ComtesseRose , also @Jules100 and @Lady Avonlea for the name and nom.

Start your engines and off we go gain!

Just thinking about the brief visit to the cafe opening. Now wouldn't that have bee a nice thing to have taken the Patrons along (seeing as they contribute too) to give them a taste of village Life.

The event would have gone on for a while, if true to French form, they could have mingled, spent money in the brocante and Marie could have been left alone to prepare a more relaxed meal for that evening. To me that would have been the perfect trip out for them all and I'm sure the guests would have loved it.

Fanny has never intergrated, as if she had everyone would have said hello when she arrived.

What a waste of a good opportunity.

As for the dog @Pekey, as predicted, he is becoming a nuisance. I'm a huge dog lover but ours were taught from an early age to be respectful, not to jump up and certainly not to get onto the furniture. Those guests were dressed up for dinner and I for one wouldn't want a dog jumping all over me at all.
I really am dying to talk to the Frenchies -- interview the villagers, like the charming, beautiful, well-spoken lady who gave the tour of the cafe. Or ditto the mayor. I get the feeling the Frenchies of "the middle of nowhere" are like the Highland Scots -- formidably well-educated, beautiful manners including how to talk to strangers who make an effort to speak French. Or, uh, in the case of the Highlanders, the language we share which divides us.
I'd love it if she interviewed the old farmer and all the locals.
But she never will. It's unbelievable she didn't know about the PAINTING OF THE HOUSE SHE LIVES IN in the municipal gathering room. From when the Naidillacs gave a tit, as one of you geniuses has put it.
Imagine what she could do for the village -- I'd have them in for dances and chapel tours and hoedowns two or three times a year. The French equivalent of the WI. And what she could do for the kids. Even the Lalacelles raised badly needed money for the local school their Jonathan attends. Well, never mind.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Next stop:

I've actually been to a place like that in Adamstown, Pennsylvania. It was hellish to go through but I found a very rare Guerlain Factice bottle that day, still sealed and with the original tassel (made by Baccarat) for $25. I was young back then and didn't know it wasn't full of Shalimar perfume but rather colored liquid. I figured that out when I was researching it! Shalimar was the perfume my mother wore and I thought I was going to surprise her with a ginormous bottle of it! The thing is super heavy and about 16 inches tall. They had a couple more Guerlain factice bottles that were the more ordinary glass with the impressed bees, and I got those, too - I use those in my bathroom and fill with bubble bath or bath oil. I haven't looked up the going price of the Baccarat bottle for about 15 years, but I suspect it's gone up in value some since then! I've kept it all this time because it holds a lot of really good memories for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Here's the Facebook post about the opening of A La Bonne Vauvre from 6 days ago. Not one photo of the world famous Chatelaine's presence at the event. I think that says a lot of how much the locals really feel about her. (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557176341275)

See below supporting liar's message on YouTube posted 5 days ago that Jarvis was too sick to edit.
Looks like she showed up at the tail end of it.. which makes sense that when she got back Snorts was JUST lighting the fire for dinner. She was out and back within the hour.

Reactions: 26
Oh my god! I don’t think I’ve seen a gayer moment in my life! 😳 And I’ve seen a lot of gay moments! 😆
I see them on Instagram and am always left wondering if they are doing a parody. Surely they don’t own all of those Berkins!? Is Hermes paying them?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
The café opened on the 20th April.
So she went to Dan’s, rushed home, changed and went to town for the opening. That would explain why she was in such a rush abd wouldn’t wait for the gay fiancé. I guess he didn’t go to Dan’s because he was either at the Brocante with Permasmile, her hubby, Shrek and the Sewer, or it took him all day to start the fire for dinner.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I really am dying to talk to the Frenchies -- interview the villagers, like the charming, beautiful, well-spoken lady who gave the tour of the cafe. Or ditto the mayor. I get the feeling the Frenchies of "the middle of nowhere" are like the Highland Scots -- formidably well-educated, beautiful manners including how to talk to strangers who make an effort to speak French. Or, uh, in the case of the Highlanders, the language we share which divides us.
I'd love it if she interviewed the old farmer and all the locals.
But she never will. It's unbelievable she didn't know about the PAINTING OF THE HOUSE SHE LIVES IN in the municipal gathering room. From when the Naidillacs gave a tit, as one of you geniuses has put it.
Imagine what she could do for the village -- I'd have them in for dances and chapel tours and hoedowns two or three times a year. The French equivalent of the WI. And what she could do for the kids. Even the Lalacelles raised badly needed money for the local school their Jonathan attends. Well, never mind.
Well stated^
It's all about what others can do for Stephanie, not what Stephanie could do for others. She's oh so important, well heeled, stunningly gorgeous, surely the townsfolk must be queueing up to get a glimpse of this fine specimen who shares their 'Air Space'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Found the Cafe website

alabonnevauvre.wixsite.com

She really missed an opportunity

The grand opening began at 2pm, there was food and a concert in the evening.

The guests could have had a HOT meal and some interresting conversation.

View attachment 2904398
PLACE DU LAVOIR!!!!!!
Zola wrote a whole amazing novel about the lavoir. Not that Fanny the Unwashed would know.
Amazon product
You can get a Kindle copy for 99 cents. Too downmarket for Stephanie Jarvis.

Screen Shot 2024-04-29 at 12.50.04 PM.png

There are whole blogs devoted to the lavoirs of village France and what they meant to people.
Written by curious devotees who not only exist but live in rural France. These chateau expats really are vampires and bubble boys.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.