The Chateau Diaries #293 You can crop and you can travel, but the orange fence is still there!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband and I sleep under separate covers and sheets. Works for us!
[/QUOTE]

I like Cologne and Cotton sheets .
Burgundy is not a colour I would choose as a bedding set, even if it was to hide my pretend boyfriend’s hair dye damage.
It should be easy to get feather pillows and duvets washed ,not dry cleaned at the laundry service they use surely?

Do they air them between guests?
There was a comment asking why Fanny did not have industrial size washing machines… oh no , Fanny just has lots of small ones.
She pretends to be this ditzy blonde but I am quite sure she knows how every penny is spent unless it is on her.

The tower bedroom seen here tonight is now full of Snorts junk, he cannot help himself and fills up every corner and workspace. Hideous crappy stuff.
He is filling up her dressing table by the looks of it, collecting egg shaped boxes. He thinks he has some sort of shopping and collating skill. No ,none at all.
Fanny’s place is disgusting, I recall the state of the cushions and filling that they actually vlogged for content.

Fanny would do well not to upset FRk as she is signed up to do TWO seasons !

Oh and BTW my husband will never share my bed again, so I can wriggle and choose the linen.However, I would much rather he were well and living with me not in a hospital.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
My European friends please clear up a question. I have a duvet (big fluffy down filled blanket) it has a washable removable cover. Said cover is a struggle to change. My Queen sized one covers the.side of the bed. If I were to put a bigger one on, it would be so heavy and I would feel strapped in at night with the weight of the sides. Is this the same thing they are talking about duvets? And why would you need them in summer? And if there are covers who changes them.out? Every guest? I would think some summer blankets would be more in order. But I have been known to be wrong.
I have a king duvet on a double bed and love it. Changing over to 4 tog summer duvet soon it’s not heavy.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She must wonder why a gobby old sow who is a borish idiot and not as pretty as Annalise whipped Dan away. The answer is simple Dan was dazzled by the Chateau and reliving his youth and couldn't believe a posh girl would entertain him. I don't know what it is but I have never liked Kat she is so fake jolly but underneath as hard as nails. I wish she would buy a longer jumper and jeans that fit.
Never liked her from the start.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The side eye Marie gave Snorts when she said 'yesterday's shopping was a bit busy' tells me he spent far too long in junk shops and the grocery stores closed before she got to shop properly... it's ridiculous she needs to drag around with him when she's trying to do her job... now she's pushed for time... so unfair. He needs to be told or she needs access to the car on her own.
I agree that Marie could benefit from being able to drive herself around, but I think I recall she only has a licence to drive automatics. The Ford that Fanny grifted from Nic is probably a manual.

Reactions: 17
Poor Ratso - the discount, Christmas vlog dog. Snorty has lost interest and Fanny only uses him for content. Ratso loves FRK, but he's going to get underfoot in the kitchen and upend FRK when she's busy cooking during B&B season.

Dogs are like babies. In addition to love & attention, dogs need a consistent routine and a regular schedule. No one has invested the time necessary to train Ratso (ex: walking properly on leash) or to help him properly socialize. It's irresponsible to allow Ratso to run off-leash in the walled garden & near the chicken coop. When they do have Ratso on leash he should not be on an extendable leash, especially in a busy public space. Fanny should properly use a dog seatbelt/dog carrier in the car.

Ratso is receiving lots of mixed behavioural messages and he's being set up for failure. Fanny, you are on notice - Ratso is another tragedy waiting to happen and you can't afford more death & injury at the shitoo.

View attachment 2808872
Absolutely agree.
This would be illegal in the Uk and I am sure from previous posts here that it would be the same in France.
I know we only see a small part of their lives but if they think we don’t notice things 🤣🤣🤣.

FRks nose was dripping and she wiped it with the back of her hand before carrying on with the cooking.
What with their dirty long hair, the dog, Fanny ruching lots of the food and then it would appear Grandpa Snorts is serving the food to the guests .
At least Grandpa now wears his hair in a little bun. Fanny loved him having long(🙄) hair so she must be very disappointed by the new receding hairline and bun.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Yes they are.

The Chateau I worked at the duvet covers were taken off after each guest left and fresh ones put back on with the other fresh linen.

God no duvets here in the height of summer. We've no aircon in our house so its electric fans a gogo. Mr Spratt always has to have some kind of cover 'delicate flower' but being the menopausal hag that I am I have no covers and all the fans pointing in my direction. Windows open with mozzie nets at them.

We have two single duvets on the bed (because I'm kicking them off all of the time 😊) but they go in the wash weekly.

I couldn't think of anything worse than beging weighed down by sheets, blankets, duvets etc but perhaps it's still like an icebox in their during the summer. Do those bedrooms get a lot of sunlight
I am in Northern Europe and we use duvet 12 months of the year…. Sometimes, really sometimes, when it get warm at night, even here in Norway it gets warm some times, then we drop the duvet and use plain flat cotton sheets. We have heavier duvets for winter and medium warm ones for summer months, and we have thick flannel duvet covers for the winter months only.

Our linen storage is larger than all my clothes put together. But we need duvets all year round. No dun, only acrylic filling because they are easier to wash and dun are pure animal abuse. Just saying…🫢

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
There's so much to be annoyed over, as far as the chateau's "decor" is concerned, but I really get annoyed when I see a cluttered night table. I can't have a cluttered night table because my cats still enjoy knocking everything off (I use earthquake clay to keep stuff in place that's heavy or breakable) at 3:00 a.m., but how do you find anything? Why is there a dirty mug with trash in it, a plastic bottle of water (when I know I've seen one of those carafes with the glass over it in there before), and that stupid candle stick whose base takes up a quarter of the table?

It looks like they used Philip's latest charity shop find - that quilt he picked up for I can't remember, was it 1 euro? 10 euro? I wonder if they had it cleaned before using it?

View attachment 2809108.
I couldn't live with those filthy dark stains on "Phlip's" pretend side of the headboard.

I find these platters gross. Don't get me wrong, I love old porcelain but it has to be in excellent condition for me to buy it and especially to use it for guests.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Yes they are.

The Chateau I worked at the duvet covers were taken off after each guest left and fresh ones put back on with the other fresh linen.

God no duvets here in the height of summer. We've no aircon in our house so its electric fans a gogo. Mr Spratt always has to have some kind of cover 'delicate flower' but being the menopausal hag that I am I have no covers and all the fans pointing in my direction. Windows open with mozzie nets at them.

We have two single duvets on the bed (because I'm kicking them off all of the time 😊) but they go in the wash weekly.

I couldn't think of anything worse than beging weighed down by sheets, blankets, duvets etc but perhaps it's still like an icebox in their during the summer. Do those bedrooms get a lot of sunlight
In Australia, duvets are called doonas. We have two types . . . a winter weight and a summer weight. The winter doona is filled with 85% duck down and the rest of the filling is feathers, so it's very cosy. The summer doona has 50% duck down and 50% duck feathers. Both have cotton japarra covers. All are queen size on a double bed so we don't squabble over who's 'got the doona'. If it's a hot night the doona is folded down to the end of the bed. We sleep with our doona in a doona cover. It keeps the doona dust free and clean and is easily removed for washing.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Fanny said there are lots of people at the shitoo and lots happening in the background that she can't divulge until the Autumn.

Where are they meeting & staying? FRK has kicked Fanny out of the kitchen. Natti's office is a thoroughfare/bar/china pantry with not even a guest chair at her desk. The GS and Winter Salon are out of commission. The B&B rooms & Marquis Suite are being snagged by Amuary. The apartments for Baghead & Mummy are blocked off with orange netting. Potty's flat is part of the never-ending boiler construction project. One attic bedroom is still under construction and the servant quarters have shared bathrooms. Fanny's private office is a derelict, crowded museum, and Snorty's boudoir-cum-office is stuffed with taxidermy & his grandparent's heirlooms.

You come to a large farmhouse and the only place to meet professionally or casually is the Chinese Restaurant Music Room and Safari Sun Room Dining Room. If I were a visitor to the shitoo, I'd stay at a proper B&B in town, especially somewhere else where there is less chance of getting bedbugs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
i have two duvets that could be tied together and put into the cover, but usualy use only one and a blanket. in the summer i have a thinner blanket or duvet cover on stand by.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Looks as if Ol’ Bill has either been into Michael’s fantasy filters or his booger sugar stash to drop 50 pounds.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
SGIRL AKA STEPHANIE JARVIS

8 hours ago (edited)
I’m curious what going on about the Library. Did the wood panels ever got installed? … sorry I’ve caught up in some personal stuff and haven’t watched often as I was watching earlier last year

@Sgirl
42 minutes ago (edited)
If you're referring to the antique wood paneling that Stephanie bought for the grand salon, no, it's not been installed. They found some major structural damage to the ceiling, and beams need to be removed and replaced with steel, which has required engineers, and architects, and planning, and all the things that move slowly in France. And now that the b&b season is soon to commence, it seems like it may be pushed off yet another year, though I sure hope not.
---

I think Miss Chatelaine/Phillipa’s bridezilla days have begun.

lhmcd5538
8 hours ago
Amaury is out of this world in his work. Marie is so talented she shouldn’t doubt herself. Her food look so good I wish we could at least smell what she cooks as I would be in another world of goodness. I think you are doing wedding preparations or the re opening of the chapel. I’m not sure which. However I will wait patiently to see what eventuates. Thank you. May you all please take care and stay safe. Louisa

@kindlydude aka Phillip
4 hours ago
Ah! Ha!! I think you've got it!!!
Sgirl and kindlydude's comments make me want to puke more than if they'd actually admit who they were. It's so obvious. Who pretends to be a fan and explain in great detail what they are doing, going to do and are thinking. How dumb do they think we are.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Sgirl and kindlydude's comments make me want to puke more than if they'd actually admit who they were. It's so obvious. Who pretends to be a fan and explain in great detail what they are doing, going to do and are thinking. How dumb do they think we are.
I had a squiz at kindlydude's youtube collection. As @HalcyonOrganic said they have a number of very political vids in their saves. A lot of classical music and bizarrely a lot of dance vids . . . almost 2000. It makes me doubt they live at the chateau. I can't see Stephanie or Philip watching those vids . . . well, maybe Philip watches the dance vids.

• Haha
  • Heart
Looks as if Ol’ Bill has either been into Michael’s fantasy filters or his booger sugar stash to drop 50 pounds.

I don't watch them enough to have a firm opinion, but it sounded to me like even Billy's voice has changed, gotten more high pitched. Maybe he's trying to totally alter himself, so as to avoid being pointed out on the street as "that guy who robbed churches".

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.