The Chateau Diaries #293 You can crop and you can travel, but the orange fence is still there!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations @TorontoGWM for naming the thread. Thank you to anyone who nominated it, I didn't have the time to double check.

Most Liked Posts from the previous thread

T Rex

VIP Member

Friday at 3:52 AM
Last night's vlog kind of hit home in a way, as whilst my grandmother passed away last fall, my mum and my aunt donated the majority of her home's contents, but rented a large storage unit for the "family heirlooms"- priceless furniture, art, china, etc. My mum rang me a few weeks ago to notify me that, "Your aunt intends to ship you a set of china and some furniture." While not wanting the appear like an ungrateful ass, I calmly explained, "Mum, this is unwise, and shipping this will cost a ridiculous sum. I was already bequeathed the silver, have my own china, a house full of furniture and it would be unfair to deny my brothers, nephew, cousins and their children their birthright. We have no children to pass these treasures onto. So please pass on my share to them instead." My mum thought it was incredibly generous, "T Rex, you have such a wonderful heart!" But truth be told- I have no desire for (nor need) for additional "stuff" that I will never use (like a 50-place setting of Wedgewood- dear lord, while I host dinner parties, they are NEVER that large!), and my furniture is Tommy Bahama and Pottery Barn- any antique furniture is wasted on me, as it is not my jam. Nor do I wish for any Hummels, nor rural paintings of barns. Everything in my kitchen cabinets gets used and has a function. Real estate there (and it's a relatively large kitchen) is a premium.

My youngest brother texted me, "I see what you did- well played! :ROFLMAO: " Evil twin brother's text was less kind, "Your nephew has not even graduated from high school, yet now owns a 50-piece setting of Wedgewood, a suite of antique French furniture, some Hummel figurines and some creepy AF paintings. He can barely make his own Kraft dinner. My basement now resembles a bordello with creepy furniture and cardboard boxes. Thanks, sis! You are an ass- you've destroyed my man-cave!"

Last edited: Friday at 3:58 AM
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:You, LadyRed, CountessPompidoo and 46 others

KiKiGee

VIP Member

Tuesday at 1:02 PM

Lalande seeds Feb 2019.png

Dear Marie Wiik,

How much is Philip Janssen paid???
Has he ever been charged for his study/bedroom???
How much are you paid???
Have you ever been charged for a floral studio, at Chateau de Lalande???

Don't waste your opportunity.
Stephanie Jarvis owes you.

Sincerely,
KiKiGee

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions:You, Sami Lee, Thebirdandthefrog and 45 others

Luna20

VIP Member

Tuesday at 6:10 PM
KyBourbon said:
Ok Fanny. Enough is enough. Joke’s over. Everyone thought you and PhiPhi would have broken up by now. That you would “date” for a time for content and then things would end. We took bets on how long it would last. You’ve proven your point…PhiPhi lasted longer than anyone thought. You win. Game over. Now…end this farce and call off the engagement. This has gone way too far. For the love of god, send Snorts packing. Give him the porcelain and be done with him.
ABSOUTELY NOT!

you know how I love to read data, and I took a look on her channel.
Apart from the engagement video her views per flog are stuck on 92K! those are her numbers from the start of the Pandemic. Her engagement flog has received 50% less views than her boyfriend reveal flog :)

She is off to Brussels next week right? yeah go Fanny, we will see the patreon dip below 31K in March if not more. She lost 12% of her patreon income from Jan 2023 upto date. and about 60% loss of views. Her travel Flogs with my married friends didn't take off, nor Stephanie's grand tour, that's why she is posting her travels back on her main channel. Also, her posting everyday did have an impact in her overall youtube revenue. She is still at her youtube revenue when her numbers were climbing. But with less people watching her, that's bound to drop too :)

Champagne anyone?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions:You, LadyRed, CountessPompidoo and 44 others

Jules100

VIP Member

Yesterday at 7:01 AM
I really like Kathy. She’s a sassy, no nonsense, down to earth lady with a little pinch of drama thrown in for good measure. I actually have a piece of her art hanging in my tiny vestibule / world’s smallest art gallery that was created from my recent home renovation extravaganza. Unlike our “favorite” dirty chatelaine, Kathy paid for her own farmhouse restoration. She even has new shutters and cares about animals. I also think it’s funny when she occasionally curses.❤
IMG_0771.jpeg

IMG_1111.jpeg

7EA5F71F-958B-4C11-AC6D-DF254247B0D3.jpeg

*Kathy, these would make fabulous coasters. 50% discount code for my Zazzle store: fiancé2024

Last edited: Yesterday at 7:19 AM
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions:You, Tartuffe, skybluepink098 and 43 others

TorontoGWM

VIP Member

Tuesday at 3:35 PM
IMG_7691.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:You, Anisah, One Mad Collie and 43 others

TorontoGWM

VIP Member

Wednesday at 12:43 AM
IMG_7731.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions:You, One Mad Collie, CountessPompidoo and 42 others

Jules100

VIP Member

Tuesday at 3:14 PM
Thanks @tuffiti for continuing to post the Patreon videos here, so we can all watch them together for free. The closed captions really help to add details that SJ & Philip tend to mumble over…
IMG_8977.jpeg

IMG_8977.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions:You, CountessPompidoo, Milre and 41 others

As always many thanks to all who contribute.
Remember we have a wiki
Happy Tattling.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Thanks comtesse you are a fairy!

SJ posted on community tab that she won't post a video tonight because she wanted a day off.

A day off after 3 weeks of South Africa and her luna-tics are all over the place telling her she should take a rest 🤣🤣

What a time to be alive, indeed!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
You all made me look at the reveal of the La Chapelle, is it, bedroom?
The Madame Claude '70s Ho Baroque of the bedroom "suite", itself a non-U term, is at complete war with the very rustic (and also very hideous, real rustic people choose a much better blue) blue woodwork. And don't they know even Disney-colored dark woodwork makes a tiny room look even smaller? Seriously, there is no connection between anything in that room and anything else there.
And the wallpaper, National Trust though it may be, is going to look like dopey marijuana fronds to all who try to sleep in Nati's cast-off suite.
I admire Maria for her politeness. I wouldn't go so far as to say I miss her and her seven black sauces.
But even Madame Claude had better taste.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Thank you @ComtesseRose for the diligence and thread creations as always. Love the title @Toronto .

I too thought the servants quarters where much better prior to the expensive paper installation. To me it now feels claustrophobic, the paintwork is awful, not the right blue at all. Perhaps if it had been painted a warm cream the rest wouldn't have felt so overdone. As for the furniture, well I'm all for saving and using old beauties, but not if they are boggin (Irish term for dirty enough to make you wretch). A good clean and dare I say it a sympathetic lick of paint, even a light color wash (not applied by SJ) may have helped that too.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
ShirleyWaldeckmetiswoman
4 hours ago
I'm a migraine sufferer that wallpaper would make me ill, too busy

doramaemagnien2904
5 hours ago
A little update on Maria and Pavlina would be nice

reneemarais431
12 hours ago
May I ask about the wall above the alcove window that looks unfinished

@tonyphillips4156
12 hours ago
Is Pavlina coming back to Lalande?

jpfloru8669
13 hours ago
Sorry but those look like marihuana leaves sorry, couldn’t resist I realise you will now never be able to unsee it gorgeous. It really

kungazopa2831
16 hours ago (edited)
The marijuina wall paper!

kmarch6630
18 hours ago
The wall paper looks like marijuana leaves.
hsimpson6581
18 hours ago
The blue pot leaves on the wallpaper are so cool lol

martinethevenau69
17 hours ago
I never enjoy negative comments but have to say I am not a fan of the wallpaper nor the paint colour of the door and window frames. You certainly worked really hard to decorate Maria's room but for me it wouldn't be a calming look for a bedroom. Sorry

@maryhollenbach4966
17 hours ago
It looks like pot.

JBPalmBeach
18 hours ago
Looks great but reminds me of pot leaves.

@Habitnunangel
19 hours ago
The wallpaper looks like blue pot leaves.

Caroline Gooder aka stephanie

@carolinegooder7091
18 hours ago
Pavlina's room is in the middle of being renovated. Amaury did new insulation in the walls and wanted insulation on the floor with a wall to wall rug. Stephanie has ordered the new lighting switches, and the wallpaper is there ready to be used. The windows are going to be replaced in that attic area rooms, and we will see when the floor is done
---
jenniferholter7610
19 hours ago
When will you be decorating the servants quarters??

Caroline Gooder aka Stephanie/ dump crew

@carolinegooder7091
18 hours ago (edited)
This room may have been the head housekeeper's room near the back stairs. That is why the word servant was used. Now days they have staff, volunteers and friends. The other rooms like the one Pavlina used have white walls. Stephanie has started in that room recently. Stephanie has worked in the past on the Toile de Joie (spelling) room, the bamboo room, and the TV room above that area.
---
pdmacguire
19 hours ago
I'll bet that Philip's parents never expected him to be marrying a woman
---
lovdolls
19 hours ago
Very lovely make over on Maria's bedroom. Love the blues. The chest of drawers in the green is very nice but would match better in I don't know white? But is Maria going to return at all

@carolinegooder7091
19 hours ago
She said she would return only as a friend in the future. She is a very private person
---
bisratezra8247
19 hours ago
What's missing is perhaps a radiator cover matching the style of the room. I'm sure Amaury could come up with something fitting.

@carolinegooder7091
19 hours ago
Stephanie would love radiator covers for all the rooms, but with shutters being needed and the big projects like the heating system, Grand Salon and the two bedrooms in the B&B being done, it will be low down the list
---
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

@carolinegooder7091
19 hours ago
I hope Michael Potts takes a photo of the chapel and a sunset from the window.
---
@1Nevergiveup
19 hours ago
Wallpaper, not to my taste. Sorry but I think it is ugly, it looks cheap and old.
---
@westernnut8407
19 hours ago
She's been gone a while. Wonder why they're still calling it Maria's room.
---
carolinegooder7091
20 hours ago
WOW. Didn't comment during the live, as I am too interested in the finished bedroom. Did Marie move into this bedroom, or is she still in the green paisley bedroom? Did the bamboo bedroom get finished, or are you waiting on a reveal there when the shower goes in

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
@carolinegooder7091
19 hours ago
Stephanie would love radiator covers for all the rooms, but with shutters being needed and the big projects like the heating system, Grand Salon and the two bedrooms in the B&B being done, it will be low down the list

carolinegooder7091
20 hours ago
WOW. Didn't comment during the live, as I am too interested in the finished bedroom. Did Marie move into this bedroom, or is she still in the green paisley bedroom? Did the bamboo bedroom get finished, or are you waiting on a reveal there when the shower goes in
A million euros a year, at least - one year where NOTHING was done at all to that place. Stephanie can afford to have meaningful renovations done.
And no one missed you in the live, Caroline!

1709592438361.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Amuary see Dans progress, his sponsored workshop, his camaraderie with Nick and Cameron his pride and joy in what he is achieving, his vlogging and editing. His connection with the history of the chateau off to meet an old inhabitant in Paris tomorrow. You have achieved very little since arriving at CHMN, we have watched the life sucked out of you, Natti is all-over you like a rash and we Tattlers await the day that you blow up and walk away, stand on your own and make something of your life that does not have you riding on your cuz's coat tails and the crazy Chateau de Lalande and its obscene hoarded fixtures and fittings.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Thank you Comtesse and all who sail here!
Hoping your board meeting didn't pose any challenges - it can be tricky with damp or leaking roofs !

Just hoping Karma baby is ok?

Fanny is having a day off, from what exactly?
Travels with my friend - why bother, you have been to more countries with your ladys maid.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Amuary see Dans progress, his sponsored workshop, his camaraderie with Nick and Cameron his pride and joy in what he is achieving, his vlogging and editing. His connection with the history of the chateau off to meet an old inhabitant in Paris tomorrow. You have achieved very little since arriving at CHMN, we have watched the life sucked out of you, Natti is all-over you like a rash and we Tattlers await the day that you blow up and walk away, stand on your own and make something of your life that does not have you riding on your cuz's coat tails and the crazy Chateau de Lalande and its obscene hoarded fixtures and fittings.
I reckon he was brought in to be SJ's minder/general chateau handyman - his mum and her's probably thought it was the perfect solution.

Reactions: 23
OK, after the ravioli silliness from Marie, I made my own last night for dinner.
Ravioli is time consuming, so if she is hoping to serve it for guests, I suggest she starts freezing them now. They are NOT hard to make. I stuffed mine with a blob of goat's cheese or onion/mushroom mix. I prepared in the morning, froze half and stored the rest in the fridge. I prepared the roasted garlic bulb in the morning and then made the cream sauce at the last minute.
This is an easy dish for Marie to prepare ahead of time and if I had 12 guests I would serve it as a starter.
Does the kitchen at LaLaLand have a KitchenAid machine? I used mine to knead the dough and then changed gadgets to roll out the dough. Easy, messy and a great reward. And cheap.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Just realized that @Hedda Hopper has been awol for three months. I hope she and her husband are doing as best as possible. We’ll be here when she needs a break from the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.