The Chateau Diaries #293 You can crop and you can travel, but the orange fence is still there!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor Ratso - the discount, Christmas vlog dog. Snorty has lost interest and Fanny only uses him for content. Ratso loves FRK, but he's going to get underfoot in the kitchen and upend FRK when she's busy cooking during B&B season.

Dogs are like babies. In addition to love & attention, dogs need a consistent routine and a regular schedule. No one has invested the time necessary to train Ratso (ex: walking properly on leash) or to help him properly socialize. It's irresponsible to allow Ratso to run off-leash in the walled garden & near the chicken coop. When they do have Ratso on leash he should not be on an extendable leash, especially in a busy public space. Fanny should properly use a dog seatbelt/dog carrier in the car.

Ratso is receiving lots of mixed behavioural messages and he's being set up for failure. Fanny, you are on notice - Ratso is another tragedy waiting to happen and you can't afford more death & injury at the shitoo.

1710179068648.png

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I watched CD on mute with only closed-caption showing. Even without sound it was obvious Miss Chatelaine was having a huge diva moment over his precious unmatched platters & took away the one's that didn't meet his inflated opinion. What a prissy, uptight, self-important little tit. Fanny has fostered a bitchy little monster.

It's currently all friendly fun, but this vlog is a little snippet of the inevitable kitchen bust-up that's percolating. Full marks to FRK who is working hard & seems committed to producing some tasty, well-presented food this B&B season. FRK has a vision that this white company/clean, modern French country/hygge vs. Snorty's preference for clashing colourful, granny/floral/Maria Antoinette/more is more.

FRK already doesn't want Fanny following her around the kitchen filming. FRK is trying new menus, but Snorty wants his peaches & tuna. Snorty was sure skeptical about those artichoke chips. The pressure is only going to build when the B&B season hits. FRK will be exhausted babysitting Ratso, menu planning, catering to everyone's food preferences & Snorty's imaginary allergies, grocery shopping, arranging flowers & cooking.....

Snorty won't be told. FRK won't be told. They both have a short fuse. It's not a matter of if but when ...... anyone want to join a Tattle Pool and pick the date of the kitchen bust-up???
View attachment 2808660View attachment 2808661
View attachment 2808663View attachment 2808666
View attachment 2808667View attachment 2808668
Marie's the hardest working one at the dump right now, she's not going to want her creations clashing with his plates... hmm.. who's the most valuable to Fanny these days? Pack your sachel Snorty Boy, you're going on a trip.
---
I don't condone violence but I want to slap Snorty's smug mug (and Kat too)!
View attachment 2808677
Is that Marie letting the dog out in between making stock, roasts, fried things and sauces whilst everyone f's about in the kitchen ? Those boots are ugly btw..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Lancelot hates Snorts , prefers Marie to anyone- asparagus was sold out because they hit the market at 11:30am- Stephanie’s new look is not great at all Philip is pretty, pretty hideous as usual
Am I the only one that wishes a sudden downpour every time Philip goes outside, so his hairspray dye would run down his face.🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Poor Ratso - the discount, Christmas vlog dog. Snorty has lost interest and Fanny only uses him for content. Ratso loves FRK, but he's going to get underfoot in the kitchen and upend FRK when she's busy cooking during B&B season.

Dogs are like babies. In addition to love & attention, dogs need a consistent routine and a regular schedule. No one has invested the time necessary to train Ratso (ex: walking properly on leash) or to help him properly socialize. It's irresponsible to allow Ratso to run off-leash in the walled garden & near the chicken coop. When they do have Ratso on leash he should not be on an extendable leash, especially in a busy public space. Fanny should properly use a dog seatbelt/dog carrier in the car.

Ratso is receiving lots of mixed behavioural messages and he's being set up for failure. Fanny, you are on notice - Ratso is another tragedy waiting to happen and you can't afford more death & injury at the shitoo.

View attachment 2808872
See how Ratso doesn't even acknowledge Fanny! If my dog saw me in a park he'd run right over... If he was still alive I mean...

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Prior to centralized air conditioning over here most homes had attic fans. These are not the same as exhaust or gable end fans. They were installed in a central hallway celing. In use all the windows would be opened and the fan activated. They were incredibly loud and if you ran it all night your sheets would be dew damp in the morning. They certainly cooled the house very well at night. Do you know if Europe ever used the same technology?
No, we suffered through ever heat wave in the Netherlands! Where it wouldn't cool down at all!
Horror!

Reactions: 15
You forget his most fabulous job on the gazebo any of us would’ve went to the local DIY store, bought the columns, and made it ourselves! Instead, she probably spent over $10,000 for that silly thing in her vegetable garden
And it is not being maintained, what a surprise. The choisya look dead and the Jasmine don’t look much better.
The jasmine have not been let loose from their canes and have nothing to fix to.
---
Yes they are.

The Chateau I worked at the duvet covers were taken off after each guest left and fresh ones put back on with the other fresh linen.

God no duvets here in the height of summer. We've no aircon in our house so its electric fans a gogo. Mr Spratt always has to have some kind of cover 'delicate flower' but being the menopausal hag that I am I have no covers and all the fans pointing in my direction. Windows open with mozzie nets at them.

We have two single duvets on the bed (because I'm kicking them off all of the time 😊) but they go in the wash weekly.

I couldn't think of anything worse than beging weighed down by sheets, blankets, duvets etc but perhaps it's still like an icebox in their during the summer. Do those bedrooms get a lot of sunlight
When Ian installed Fanny’s Ritz headboard her bedding and valance looked awful. How old is her matress? I’m sure it could move itself!
Who leaves a pillow with a giant hand print smashed into it? Fanny we see you.
Whose hair was Lord of the manor going to dry?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
And it is not being maintained, what a surprise. The choisya look dead and the Jasmine don’t look much better.
The jasmine have not been let loose from their canes and have nothing to fix to.
The climbers all looked either frosted or dead.The soil looks compacted and starved. Whenever one sees any of the planted areas, it looks as if the earth hasn’t been touched in ages.

Good to see the periwinkles starting to “winkle” their way everywhere, strangling everything. But, you know, “Davey is a genuis” with his planting schemes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Why can’t you film? It’s not that it’s that top-secret. That’s just ludicrous.
It is not really visible but…in the courtyard there is a bloke with a very large lense on his camera and the woman is in black waving a scarf?about. Will the orange fence be a backdrop?

Fanny is excited , well we saw how excited she gets by her happiness and fun filled engagement party in SA .

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 18

View attachment 2808872
Annalisse screaming at her TV…. home wrecker!! Grey haired witch!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Annalisse screaming at her TV…. home wrecker!! Grey haired witch!!!
She must wonder why a gobby old sow who is a borish idiot and not as pretty as Annalise whipped Dan away. The answer is simple Dan was dazzled by the Chateau and reliving his youth and couldn't believe a posh girl would entertain him. I don't know what it is but I have never liked Kat she is so fake jolly but underneath as hard as nails. I wish she would buy a longer jumper and jeans that fit.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I watched CD on mute with only closed-caption showing. Even without sound it was obvious Miss Chatelaine was having a huge diva moment over his precious unmatched platters & took away the one's that didn't meet his inflated opinion. What a prissy, uptight, self-important little tit. Fanny has fostered a bitchy little monster.

It's currently all friendly fun, but this vlog is a little snippet of the inevitable kitchen bust-up that's percolating. Full marks to FRK who is working hard & seems committed to producing some tasty, well-presented food this B&B season. FRK has a vision that this white company/clean, modern French country/hygge vs. Snorty's preference for clashing colourful, granny/floral/Maria Antoinette/more is more.

FRK already doesn't want Fanny following her around the kitchen filming. FRK is trying new menus, but Snorty wants his peaches & tuna. Snorty was sure skeptical about those artichoke chips. The pressure is only going to build when the B&B season hits. FRK will be exhausted babysitting Ratso, menu planning, catering to everyone's food preferences & Snorty's imaginary allergies, grocery shopping, arranging flowers & cooking.....

Snorty won't be told. FRK won't be told. They both have a short fuse. It's not a matter of if but when ...... anyone want to join a Tattle Pool and pick the date of the kitchen bust-up???
View attachment 2808660View attachment 2808661
View attachment 2808663View attachment 2808666
View attachment 2808667View attachment 2808668
FRK is fed up with the kitchen bombing the love bombing and Snorts interference . He was wiping the plates that she had plated up with a piece of kitchen towel which he then left on the table? Delightful .
If stress causes break outs then her face says it all.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
---

When Ian installed Fanny’s Ritz headboard her bedding and valance looked awful. How old is her matress? I’m sure it could move itself!
Who leaves a pillow with a giant hand print smashed into it? Fanny we see you.
Whose hair was Lord of the manor going to dry?
There's so much to be annoyed over, as far as the chateau's "decor" is concerned, but I really get annoyed when I see a cluttered night table. I can't have a cluttered night table because my cats still enjoy knocking everything off (I use earthquake clay to keep stuff in place that's heavy or breakable) at 3:00 a.m., but how do you find anything? Why is there a dirty mug with trash in it, a plastic bottle of water (when I know I've seen one of those carafes with the glass over it in there before), and that stupid candle stick whose base takes up a quarter of the table?

It looks like they used Philip's latest charity shop find - that quilt he picked up for I can't remember, was it 1 euro? 10 euro? I wonder if they had it cleaned before using it?

1710185593316.png

• Sick
She must wonder why a gobby old sow who is a borish idiot and not as pretty as Annalise whipped Dan away. The answer is simple Dan was dazzled by the Chateau and reliving his youth and couldn't believe a posh girl would entertain him. I don't know what it is but I have never liked Kat she is so fake jolly but underneath as hard as nails. I wish she would buy a longer jumper and jeans that fit.
I don't think she’s that posh either. Annalise has more class.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Attachments

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.