The Chateau Diaries #292 8 vacations, 6 countries, 0 renovations - Fanny's just taking the pi$$ now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see Ratso has not joined them on their latest jaunt across Europe…..I bet he doesn’t even know who his owner is, the poor thing 😳
Seems like a perfect trip to bring him along too.

Just watched the patreon vlog....I love how Marie Baghead completely ignore Snorts when he talks. I noticed in SA and it continues in Brussels. She can't be bothered to look at him directly when he's mumbling some attempt at a pithy or humorous quip. Reminds me of Mr. Collins talking to Lady Catherine De Bourgh.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
If Anna sells out her home print academy that is £77,000- good business
I'm guessing she will do well. The class content is interesting, and Anna is very articulate.
I sold a class to Corsica, plus receive a percentage each time a new student signs up.
She might want to look into it.
It's a great side hustle.

Reactions: 20
Snorts bought loads and loads of vases not long ago. It amazes me that they have been running a B and B and hosting large parties for years but they still need to keep buying masses of crockery; cutlery; glasses; vases, etc. They've got cupboards full of the stuff. None of these purchases is necessary. Now Marie is on the hunt for cooking stuff and vases. The shopping sprees will go on for ever. Most people running a B & B would buy the necessary supplies at the start and only replace things when necessary. They do it at least twice each week, it seems.
I've noticed shopaholism and literally warehouses full of tragic French granny tat is something these chateau restorers have in common. Terry at Lalacelle seriously has a universe of merde stashed away in his outbuildings, and they regularly feature themselves shopping at tragic French granny tat brocantes. I realize there are treasures there but I've only seen one chateau I thought was nicely furnished from them -- the Brit antique dealer and textiles expert wife with the alleged compagnons du devoir "chateau" or maison de maitre Fanny visited some time ago.
Although when the wife bragged, with real lust in her voice, to Fan she was fingering Elton Johns' rejected dining room draperies from some fancy draper, who failed to meet Sir Elton's expectations, I have to say I threw up a little in my mouth.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I'm waaay behind on CD vids but, wisely, up to date with you lot. 🧐 (I think -- but perhaps it's been said) isn't that horrid bedroom set the one that Natty looked so shocked about when it was excitedly dragged home years ago, ready for her 'apartment' ?
DERAIL: Help Please! after 4 months of Florida's humidity, my hair looks like Selmar's !!!! Has anyone tried hair masks, treatments etc? Frizz ease etc have achieved nothing. Any advice happily received. X
Have you tried Biosilk? It's very expensive here in Canada but not in the US Amazon product

Reactions: 10
What the heck is the stuff piled on the backseat of the car. A large pile of books? A wicker basket? Still looks of room to load the car with all of Snorty's crap. Why in god's name did Snorty purchase the base of a lamp in Brussels. That boy can't go more than 24 hours without getting his shopping fix. View attachment 2795567

View attachment 2795574
I believe she edited out the piled up Star money they were taking to Brussels for shopping. No room for poor abandoned Ratso.

IMG_7982.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
A song that summarizes it all

a lot of German wordplays and double meanings

You're beautiful
Click to see the original lyrics (German)
Show me a smart book, I'll close my eyes
Beauty sleep
Show me the dust in the hallway, I'll close my eyes
Beauty sleep
DJ Deagle
Good morning, the fine Sir Gatoah

I'm a phenomenon, I am 10 out of 10
Geometrically perfect, like a LEGO face
I got that Youtuber-Look by the book and printed
Every day I gobble down a new beauty product
I protect myself, because I never read price tags
They don't tolerate negative female images*
And they don't tolerate facial wrinkles
Michael Jackson Style, I gotta keep up**
So I apply even more layers
Who wants an honest skin?
My favorite resource? (eyyy) Botox
I get all those prices, they call me an idiot
Ey yo, mirror mirror in the phone, tell me:
Am I the King?
The mirror hesitates awkwardly, then it begins to sing

You're beautiful, but in exchange, you have no skills***
Not reading, not writing nor anything else
You're beautiful, but that's not your fault
That's not even your fault, it's not your fault

In spring the little rose thinks: "Who doesn't want to suffer, has to be beautiful."****

I don't get it...
But I put so much effort into this, every luxury fashion convention makes me compliments
Nice user interface! And they make me an offer
that makes me happy
99% off... on my looks
I have to fit into these clothes, if I'm hungry, I'll have boiled laundry
Some people only wear the same trashy shreds
I wear something different every day - fabric change*****
Don't ask how old the ones who sew my clothes are
On a scale of 1 to 10
Welp, clothes make people, but the people that make the clothes
to this day, can't afford too many designer jackets
I'm losing my train of thought - mirror in the phone: Am I the king? (Come on) The mirror hesitates awkwardly, then it begins to sing

In spring the little rose thinks: "Who doesn't want to suffer, has to be beautiful."

I must've misheard, what was that?

In spring the little rose thinks: "Who doesn't want to suffer, has to be beautiful."

Beauty sleep
Beauty sleep

Beauty sleep
(clothes make people, but the people that make the clothes
to this day, can't afford too many designer jackets)
Beauty sleep
(to this day, can't afford too many designer jackets)

Author's comments:
*Weibsbilder literally translates to "women's picture", though the word for 'woman' used is a very rude one. It's kind of a rude way to say woman, like a very oldfashioned 'witch'. The double meaning is that women who are negative are just as annoying to society as women who don't make a pretty picture, as in ugly women.

**Schritt means 'step' in German, but it can also means 'crotch' - so he says both 'I have to keep up', and 'I have to hold my crotch', which is the connection to Michael Jackson.

***Oh boy. Dafür kannst du nichts, very literally translated, would be "For that, you can nothing". It's used both to say 'you couldn't have changed it' and 'it's not your fault', but it can also mean that 'in exchange, you have no skills/you can do nothing". In other words, he's saying "You're beautiful, but it's not your fault that you are", which sounds rather comforting, but also "You're beautiful, but there's nothing you can do well" as evidenced by him listing things they can't do in the next line.

****A play on the saying "Who wants to be beautiful has to suffer", meaning that beauty is achieved by being in pain (think plucking your eyebrows)

*****Stoffwechsel literally means fabric change, but since Stoff can mean absolutely everything that is some form of material, it's also the scientific term for metabolism.
Wow, @HalcyonOrganic , you're on fire! Excellent stuff!🥰 (Guter Stoff! :ROFLMAO:)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@tuffiti thank you.

What lazy arseholes, even pinched Ollie and Camillas video idea, filming Art Nouveau buildings. Couldn't be arsed to show Brussels itself.

The obligatory shop for tit.

I really hope the high paying patrons are satisfied with this half hearted offering.

These are getting dire.
Two people very close to me spent a lot of their lives in Brussels. and I'd give an arm and a leg to understand its charm. The only Belgians I ever met were in Africa during the days of the Belgian Congo. Yikes.
Screen Shot 2024-03-04 at 12.47.34 PM.png

Ah, my wish is my command. Love those intarnets.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I've noticed shopaholism and literally warehouses full of tragic French granny tat is something these chateau restorers have in common. Terry at Lalacelle seriously has a universe of merde stashed away in his outbuildings, and they regularly feature themselves shopping at tragic French granny tat brocantes. I realize there are treasures there but I've only seen one chateau I thought was nicely furnished from them -- the Brit antique dealer and textiles expert wife with the alleged compagnons du devoir "chateau" or maison de maitre Fanny visited some time ago.
Although when the wife bragged, with real lust in her voice, to Fan she was fingering Elton Johns' rejected dining room draperies from some fancy draper, who failed to meet Sir Elton's expectations, I have to say I threw up a little in my mouth.
George and Sarah at Chateau de Bruges. I like their chateau and interiors and they are good business people. The weddings look lovely

• Heart
Reactions: 22
He's absolutely using her pronunciations and tone now... was so noticeable.. Her life has become his life... pretty soon she'll be looking for where she went... she'll find herself in her nightie in bed 24/7 with her dog whilst he gaily flaunts around his chateau...
---

That was odd, do you think he was there because he wants to be on Ch4? Maybe he's interested in Andie? Do we have him wrong?
They both totally wanted to be on the telly

• Haha
Reactions: 23
This shopaholism (love that term!) is everywhere now in many of the vlogs I watch. Many are now showing themselves going to brocantes, flea markets, antique shops, etc. and if they aren't on YouTube, they're doing it on Instagram. For me, someone who's done this for years as I accompanied my husband (who is a fairly experienced and well respected picker on the east coast - his hobby turned side hustle out of necessity because if we kept everything he found, our home would have looked like we were hoarders!), I find it somewhat boring. At a certain point, it's interesting to see other areas of the world and hear what prices are, but I can only watch so much of the furniture stuff. These people NEVER reupholster anything, which I find a little nasty.

Speaking of nasty......You all know I love 'Dreaming of a Chateau', but it put me right off seeing Alla dance and ooh and aah over a La Cornue cooker she bought for $900 that she said had dried chicken skin still attached to it - I think on the outside!! The grease in and on that thing was unbelievable! Alla said Sergie couldn't find the model online as they were driving to pick it up and all I could think about was that woman from "Chateau Chronicles" and the French cooker she bought inexpensively that was missing something important (can't remember what it was or even the company - I think Lacanche?) and when she called the manufacturer, the range had been discontinued and she couldn't get parts for it any longer, so was out a lot of money.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Marie is walking Ratso, each time she touches a flower Ratso races to bite it.
Does she know vinca/ periwinkle is toxic to dogs?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I follow Smitten Kitchen. Deb Perlman. I have never made a recipe that was not wonderful, she has a Facebook page, videos and cook books. Tried and true recipes, not fussy, readily sourced ingredients.
Me too ! I went with my daughters to a cooking demonstration by Deb Perlman a couple of months ago, She was lovely. Her food is so tempting! Unlike Marie’s ….hers looks like slop.

Reactions: 14
So no vlog today... lame excuses since she wanted to show the pergola that was filmed for Channel 4 - so this vlog could have been ready for a year. Apparently she's running out of content - no Mariecam, no Nattycam, no GoPro on the lawnmower... how about a Ratsocam?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I may be wrong (and probably am) as it’s hard to see but it looks like the wall at the side of the shittoo which was bulging and cracked has had some work done to it at the top. FRK has put a photo on IG re the the grass being cut but it shows the wall and what looks like repointing to the brickwork.
Screen Shot 2024-03-04 at 1.41.19 PM.png

I can't see evidence of repointing on the wall of the marquis' apartment. The repointing below the terrace was done by the ancient masonry guys, the architect was to negotiate their re-doing it to her standard, and nothing has happened in years there that I know of.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.