The Chateau Diaries #292 8 vacations, 6 countries, 0 renovations - Fanny's just taking the pi$$ now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm waaay behind on CD vids but, wisely, up to date with you lot. 🧐 (I think -- but perhaps it's been said) isn't that horrid bedroom set the one that Natty looked so shocked about when it was excitedly dragged home years ago, ready for her 'apartment' ?
DERAIL: Help Please! after 4 months of Florida's humidity, my hair looks like Selmar's !!!! Has anyone tried hair masks, treatments etc? Frizz ease etc have achieved nothing. Any advice happily received. X
Hmm well after I wash and condition I rinse well then with very wet hands add about half of teaspoon of conditioner back again concentrating on the ends not my scalp. Then I'll add about the same amount of Aussie frizz serum (will look for the brand for you) in the same way. THEN ..... (god isn't curly hair a pfaff 🤣 I'm trying to embrace mine) I use microfiber towel and blot and scrunch and then leave it be. Occasionally I'll use a diffuser after it's been drying for about 90 minutes. For the most part my hair stays relatively frizz free Phew!
---
@Balmoral this is what I like.
Screenshot_20240304-155939.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Because it's being done properly with insulation
Daaamn forgot about that! It totally makes sense now! Thank you!

Over at Billies, they plastered and are painting the two bedrooms! It's entertaining to watch! There was a slip of tongue from mok: he said when he starts something, he can't finish it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
They neglected to scrape the paint off the panes of glass above the bedroom door and above the bedroom window. They also neglected to paper above the bedroom window and were careful not to show too much of it in their 'reveal'.

They just don't have an eye for detail; Philip may have more than Stephanie but she is sooo 'that'll do'. I don't know why I expect them to finish things well because they are incapable of doing so. It's intrinsically who they are . . . an attitude, colloquially known in Australia as 'It'll Be Right Mate'.

I thought the bed was awful. I don't like Louis beds that have been given a painted Annie Sloan type treatment and the profile of the decoration at the end of the bed was too much. Overall I give the room a pass but I agree, I liked the room better before it was redecorated.
---

That was a classic Stephanie Jarvis putdown. What a back hander.
The bed was horrible and the solid base will make for a very uncomfortable bed. At the very least there should have been large holes cut out of the wooden base for ventilation of the mattress. Imagine the mould that will grow :sick:

• Sick
Reactions: 25
Speaking of nasty......You all know I love 'Dreaming of a Chateau', but it put me right off seeing Alla dance and ooh and aah over a La Cornue cooker she bought for $900 that she said had dried chicken skin still attached to it - I think on the outside!! The grease in and on that thing was unbelievable! Alla said Sergie couldn't find the model online as they were driving to pick it up and all I could think about was that woman from "Chateau Chronicles" and the French cooker she bought inexpensively that was missing something important (can't remember what it was or even the company - I think Lacanche?) and when she called the manufacturer, the range had been discontinued and she couldn't get parts for it any longer, so was out a lot of money.
Agreed. That stove was filthy. The thick layer of congealed grease down the back . . . ooof. Alla is going to need a lot of oven cleaner. Also turning the stove on it's side to get it down to the house . . . the trivets would have been clanking around inside the plastic wrap but there was no easy way to get it down. She will also have to use a rust neutraliser and then a rust inhibitor on the warming drawers. Anyway it will be interesting to watch how Alla and Sergei tackle it.

If Stephanie didn't have Dave to clean, her kitchen range would be in the same state. Remember the time Sabine and Dave cleaned the chateau stove. He actually got in and was sitting on top of it.

Two of my favourites Mash and Aya, and Mamiko and her husband also spend a lot of time at looking through brocantes. Mash and Aya, and Mamiko are positively bursting out of their flats. Mash and Aya buy to sell in Japan and Mamiko needs to find a house in the French countryside for all her stuff . . . that is her dream . . . to live in the country. Jenny and her husband Justin's vlog, French Country Friends, is primarily about brocanting as is the Dutch lady whose name I can't remember. Her recent big surprise is she is starting a venture where she will take people to her favourite brocantes. I love antiquing but there is a point where vloggers jump on the bandwagon and the whole thing goes into overload. It's like binging on your favourite biscuit or chocolate and you don't want to eat it anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.