The Chateau Diaries #288 Stephanie has the life everyone dreams of and everyone else pays for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They were looking at properties further south.
My theory, so Darko could be closer to Barcelona whose August circuit party is Europe's largest. Also within strikng distance for O.
---
I first read about these in a wonderful book called Sweet Sicily.
Saint Agatha's breasts, filled with milk pud. I'd like to see MariE attempt these.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
I respect your opinion and views on the latest reveal with Billy and Gwen. We’re all human. From Billy and Gwen’s perspective, this happened years ago, they’ve been to court, paid restitution, and moved on. For the rest of us, this is a surprise that we’re still processing; we haven’t had the benefit of time to fully comprehend and absorb what happened. A couple of things bother me about the latest headline…this is the second “shocker” concerning Billy (the first was his military desertion)…is there more to come? And, even bigger picture, what does something like this say about YouTube and influencers?

Looking back, how did Billy, Gwen, and Michael even get thrust into the spotlight of the chateauverse? A lot of it was luck…happened by chance. Michael submitted their information and biography to Channel 4 and the Pethericks were picked to participate on the show. They were eventually dropped because Channel 4 deemed them not interesting enough (although Michael is convinced the Strawbridges had a hand in their dismissal). Michael met Stephanie through the show. Doing It Ourselves and, eventually, The Pethericks channels came about largely because they were booted from Channel 4.

Billy is now collecting a lot of money from his videos…anywhere from €10K - €12K per month. The channel’s success can be attributed to a lot of factors, one of which is that viewers relate to the people and story they watch. So, some questions that I’ve considered…does Billy have a responsibility to be forthcoming with his viewers about his past? Should viewers have that information so they can make an informed decision about whether or not they choose to continue supporting the Pethericks?

For me, it comes back to the question of transparency and accountability…not just the Pethericks, but also for others like Stephanie. How much of what we see is real or fake? Are these people who they say they are? What really happens with money that’s collected for promised renovations…or donations to charitable funds, etc? It’s complicated… I don’t have the answers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 43
Oh I don't watch any of them any more - occasional snippets only. I don't really care that much.

Reactions: 17
Look at the newest comment on Patherick article in the daily mail from yesterday:

ShovelPoetVein, Paris, France, about an hour ago

He didnt only steal from churches. He robbed our house when he knew we were away, just couldnt prove it.

Click on newest comments and it should be the first comment at the top of the newest comments column.

Last edited:
Reactions: 43
Her orgasms over Amaury putting a few metal strips up was embarrassing... she's got a woodworker there, of course he can clean up those beams Idiot.
---
If you're still watching the con Fanny I don't know why you'd stop watching Billy.

Reactions: 33
I'm all for making amends, paying for your sins, forgiveness, and being given the opportunity of starting over again. But in the case of the Petherick family it's a case of 'when people show you who they are the first time, believe them'. I don't care if the Petherick's are good looking. It helps to be hardworking and generous/giving, but key criteria I use to judge people includes are they trustworthy, responsible, kind and honest.

Ma Petherick is a nasty piece of work. Sadie has apparently posted vile, racist insults. Billy went AWOL and he and his wealthy, apparently blind, common-law-wife Gwendoline are convicted thieves. They didn't just steal from churches once, but 40 times. Michael grifted $30K+ for renovations but instead disappeared and blew it all on Spanish bathhouse orgies and luxury living.

Either the Pethrick's ignore the situation altogether (ex: Billy never addressed being AWOL & I suspect he won't address this conviction as well), or they try to justify their delinquent behaviour with some flimsy excuse & tears: I was young, I was depressed, my step-sister had died, I've diagnosed myself with ADHD, I didn't know what Billy was doing because I sat in the car studying....blah, blah, blah.

In my book the Petherick's are not good people (and that goes for Fanny too!)

Reactions: 44
UPDATED DAILY MAIL TALLY:

I used to quite like Stephanie until she started all that. She certainly does live a life of luxury the chateau , a flat in London, holidays every couple of months , I dont understand the people who donate . And dont even get me started on the boyfriend who got used to spending other peoples money very quickly . He was the last straw for me.
64 up votes
2 downvotes ( philip must have convinced Marie to down vote for him.

girly, South, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
What about Stephanie Jarvis ? Begging for money online, while living a life of luxury. She should be in jail!
157 up votes
23 downvotes

girly, South, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
@ordinair Stephanie is a friend of the Pethericks. Another chateau YouTuber. Cry poverty, ask money for her geriatric American viewers that think she is renovating a national monument, and spend thousands on herself. Year barely started and 3 luxury holidays, another 2/3 holidays booked for the next couple of months, Chanel bags, Dior dresses , louboutin and so on.
78 up votes
3 down votes

DnA Flynn, Dublin, Ireland, 13 hours ago
The "Adopt a Star" fundraiser to restore their privately owned St. Joseph's chapel is shockingly inappropriate. We're talking about a PRIVATELY OWNED chapel in PRIVATE grounds that the public will not be able to visit without permission as it's situated in private grounds.
29 upvotes
1 down vote

Reactions: 36
Ashley Adams and Johnny Darko appear to be still ensconsed at the unsold Chateau de Lomenie.
Here Darko goes for his side piece.
View attachment 2743037

Action begins @1:47:
Oy....very cringeworthy moment in that vlog, around the 8:00 mark. It's the day after the party, Stephanie is sitting in what appears to be a hallway in a ginormous chair that looks sort of like a throne (maybe it is a throne?). She comments something to the effect of how Isabelle would die if Stephanie had one of these chairs and says "Where do we get one?" and Michael says "well, just take that one".

Too soon?

Last edited:
Reactions: 35
If you're still watching the con Fanny I don't know why you'd stop watching Billy.
I'm still watching to see the con Fanny's downfall and would miss our little family of haters, menopausal hags, trolls, hellhounds, nasty bitches, gobshites, snide cows, non-menopausal hags and esteemed tattlers.

Reactions: 30
I like Billy and Gwen also. His is just about the only vlog I watch anymore. I do enjoy Amanda and Lincoln, too. And the Beau Chateau. Other than these I don't actively search out. I have, in the past, watched a few others but the vloggers irritate me so much that, if I do watch, I do it on mute because their voices or their laughs annoy me so much. The girl restoring their apartment on Lake Como and the girl renovating in Everdeen...both of them laugh at everything coming out of their mouths and their laughter makes my chest hurt because they laugh by sucking in like they're trying to breathe in. It's hard to explain but I just can't listen to them.

Reactions: 21
There were a few posts about the channel when it initially launched in April 2021 (glossing over the fact that it was me who shared the link to the channel’s launch video!)

Anna’s involvement obviously petered out.

https://tattle.life/posts/4486645/

https://tattle.life/posts/4489823/

https://tattle.life/posts/4500551/

https://tattle.life/posts/45009

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.