The Chateau Diaries #275 Life, Love and Lighter Fluid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unlike a lot of Tattlers I have always quite liked Ryan (he is daft in my eyes) here he makes a great video for the Moons to tell their story.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Unlike a lot of Tattlers I have always quite liked Ryan (he is daft in my eyes) here he makes a great video for the Moons to tell their story.
You should write in the comments: „Ryan, you work so hard. You really need to rest more. Thank you for all these lovely videos. Don’t go outside when it is raining.“

• Haha
Reactions: 20
We don't normally do sales but we ordered 6 tonnes of candles and sold 35. How Smug are they feeling about this venture?

Hey there,

Just wanted to give you a heads up – our cosy candle sale is still shining bright this weekend with a 20% discount. 🕯✨

We don't normally do sales but just for this one time in the year we are making an exception. This means you can get any of our candles for just $68 for another couple of days.

Treat yourself or a loved one with an exquisite candle for 68€

Happy candle shopping!
Anna & Philipp

f393516c-7883-4755-9374-dc759545619c.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
these dirty plates will be the only thing holding the place up one day very soon.
Royal Doulton had an advert running years ago that was with a 12 wheeler standing / positioned on demi tasse …
Bone china, just for fun and in case we could suggest Snort’s was actually allergic to the bone and therefore not able to touch his paucillin, in the actual china…it is usually made using bovine bone!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
You should write in the comments: „Ryan, you work so hard. You really need to rest more. Thank you for all these lovely videos. Don’t go outside when it is raining.“
I will not be writing anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I really like SOME of the mourning jewelry, I bought a hair free….brooch that can be a pendant too. It is black enamel with a forget me not in diamonds and seed pearls encompass the brooch.

In the same auction was a ring that had five baby teeth in a row.
No photographs as keep sakes in those days.

This is imaginative…
I was given a mourning/remembrance necklace after the death of a dear family member. It was made out of the flowers from her funeral bouquets. I had never heard of such a thing before.

• Heart
"Don't tell me what to do" !!!!!!! .........(FRK)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I was given a mourning/remembrance necklace after the death of a dear family member. It was made out of the flowers from her funeral bouquets. I had never heard of such a thing before.
This is not my brooch but it is similar in style, mine is more delicate with diamonds as the flower.
I don’t have a collection….of them, I just chose one that was ‘ top drawer’ for my amusement.
How lovely that you were given something so unique.

Thank you for the link to the jet Billybudd I don’t wear earrings But make up for it with rings and brooches.🤭😂.

Fanny has that really expensive watch and those ‘ rings’ from Gerry?

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 19
What.... No GAG tonight?! I thought it was moved to Fridays....

Anybody else into a 2AM gift-grab-a-thon?

• Haha
Fanny has been doing this since she was a kid..... pull the old "I am sick" and get out of work but I also think she was getting over a huge hangover after all the drinking into the night making slop for the Thanksgiving .
The dress Fanny pulled herself into looked very "theatrical" ..... I was waiting for her to break out in song ! Happily she was Tooooo sick to perform!
Every time I saw Squirrel he was standing - did he sit at the table I wonder.
Finally ...... the duck looked good but sadly Marie was in a mood ---- maybe she has worked out that she is only there to be a "dogs body" and do all the crappy work.
Hey..... where did her Mum and Sister go ?
oh...... something else - whats with that ugly pumpkin thingy poor Ratso had to climb into ?
I'm a big fan of cauliflower cheese soup, but it's an entree for me. I can't imagine starting a heavy meal with the richest of all possible soups.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Fanny has been doing this since she was a kid..... pull the old "I am sick" and get out of work but I also think she was getting over a huge hangover after all the drinking into the night making slop for the Thanksgiving .
The dress Fanny pulled herself into looked very "theatrical" ..... I was waiting for her to break out in song ! Happily she was Tooooo sick to perform!
Every time I saw Squirrel he was standing - did he sit at the table I wonder.
Finally ...... the duck looked good but sadly Marie was in a mood ---- maybe she has worked out that she is only there to be a "dogs body" and do all the crappy work.
Hey..... where did her Mum and Sister go ?
oh...... something else - whats with that ugly pumpkin thingy poor Ratso had to climb into ?
I agree that this is a childhood pattern that seems to be still playing out. I'm wondering if she saw her parents caring for others and learned that "being sick" would get her attention like nothing else. And the whole dressing up thing-- I think that's a childhood issue too-- putting on a special outfit got her noticed/petted.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
We don't normally do sales but we ordered 6 tonnes of candles and sold 35. How Smug are they feeling about this venture?

Hey there,

Just wanted to give you a heads up – our cosy candle sale is still shining bright this weekend with a 20% discount. 🕯✨

We don't normally do sales but just for this one time in the year we are making an exception. This means you can get any of our candles for just $68 for another couple of days.

Treat yourself or a loved one with an exquisite candle for 68€

Happy candle shopping!
Anna & Philipp

Didn't they have a sale already? One that wasn't "this time of year", which I guess means the holidays?
And I've said this before, I hate that "Hey there" salutation they use in their emails. If I know you, you can give a casual "hey there", otherwise, this is a business email and should feel like one.

I'm in a mood. I've just spent 40 minutes on the phone with a customer service person trying to track down an order I placed two Sundays ago, which was to arrive well before yesterday. She was asking me all sorts of questions that didn't make any sense, and while I answered them politely, I finally lost it when she suggested I wait another few days. No, I'm not going to wait a few more days, particularly when I had an email chat two days after the order was supposed to arrive to me and they asked me to wait a few more days! I can wait until I die, I don't think the package ever got to UPS, which is clearly the notation on the UPS tracking website!!

Grrrrrr......

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.