Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gertrude Maud

VIP Member
What do you expect from Ewell 😉 They want everyone to believe they're from Epsom but really it's just a suburb of Croydon 😆 We've never clicked with the local brits, as you say they belong to their little cliques. Best friends to each others faces bitching about each other as soon as backs are turned. They wouldn't have anything to do with each other if they were still in UK so why put themselves through all that shit and just integrate!
Sounds exactly like some Melbourne people who come up to live in Castlemaine.
These types are the same the world over. 😒

• Heart
Reactions: 13

On Repeat

VIP Member
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I've just choked on me Pain au chocolat seeing that picture of the ole Foufoune dunker, she'd have to get down low to reach the puddle. Slam dunk.
Jack- I just watched the chapel vlog and I couldn't catch the name of the town they visited to meet up with his parents. Do you know what it is called?

Reactions: 12

Imperious Me

VIP Member
Exactly.

The design of the floor was flawed . . . no pun intended.
The floor of the yurt extended further out than the wall meaning there was a ledge.
The rain landed on the ledge and migrated back under the wall.
It wasn't his fault though.. he sounds like he's been taking pointers from the yacht fella.

• Haha

juniperroad

Chatty Member
We've all been here a long freakin' time - has the dial moved any? I mean, I'm bored and enjoy it here but has any of *our* posting helped at all? Have we just helped S*P come up with more content? Have we helped them avoid the mine fields?

Since others post music they enjoy - I feel like offering up this . . . and I'd just like to defend myself and say - no, I'm not Pavlina, lol nor anyone else at the chateau :)

• Heart

Rory

VIP Member
Appreciate if someone could clarify how I save a vlog so that even if it is later deleted by creator, my copy remains.

pasta_aldente

VIP Member
I think the Vlog of the little escape Fanny and snorts toon is still up. I think they have removed the hospital visit from any Vlog footage. I will keep trying to look.

vitanova

VIP Member
My mother had osteo TB as a child and spent many months in the local TB sanatarium for girls. She noticed girls stayed there much longer than needed, and that one perfectly healthy girl had a little "sister" who was also perfectly healthy. She told me she wrote the mayor of her city to tell this. According to historical records, the sanatorium was closed shortly thereafter, and I have to track down the reasons why.
do tell when you find out.

ComtesseRose

VIP Member
Thanks. ❤
Hmm... The vlog @billybudd has a screenshot of is the vlog called Where We Are With Bringing Back The Lalande Lake uploaded either July 20th or 21st 2022
Does that one still exist?

• Heart

M&MsMom

VIP Member
1691273787305.png

@Spirit of place , the thread had closed before I could answer your question about Japanese knotweed! I first became aware of it in 2019, due to an article I read in Slate, the writer (who lives in Brooklyn, NY) of the article was having a battle with it in their yard! I attended a workshop at The Brooklyn Botanic Garden that summer and it was a major discussion point. Frederick Law Olmsted's landscape firm was not only contracted to do Central Park, but also Prospect Park in Brooklyn, NY. And the success he gained from these projects led him to all sorts of states in the US, where he designed all sorts of municipal gardens, as well as many private gardens of some of the wealthiest families of that time period. In the late 1800's Japanese knotweed was considered quite the specimen plant, and was sold in seed catalogs and plant nurseries.....it originally was cultivated in The Netherlands, so we can thank them for that! It is considered an environmental threat in 42 of our 50 states - it either doesn't seem to grow in the arid Southwest or in a couple of gulf coast states or it was never introduced there.

I haven't read that it has been as destructive as people in England are finding it...probably because we are learning from their successes and mistakes in handling the issue. I have read that in Hudson, NY, along the Hudson River, it has become such a threat, that native species of plants are being wiped out and with that, native wildlife is being wiped out along with it. Not long ago, I read that they were using some sort of system that England has had some success with, something to do with grids that choke out the plants new growth. There have been a couple of lawsuits, as the article in Slate talks about, but nothing like what is happening in England, with people not being to get mortgages or insurance.

Last year, I read an article about how some well-known forager was leading expeditions in Central Park, promoting its use as a food source. Apparently, it tastes like rhubarb! Maybe Stephanie can get Maria to serve it to some of her guests?

• Heart
  • Sad