The Chateau Diaries #258 Philip no-nuts would make a wonderful butler, elevated many things in the chateau

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's frustrating to read comments like this from people who don't understand the seasonal rhythms at Chateau de Lalande! :mad:
This is where we need Caroline Gooder to come in and say something! Dielemon, educate yourself about SJ's schedule!

Spring - spring cleaning, Easter party, travel to Venice, travel some more, walk around the garden, make money off of Patreon.

Summer - buy more garbage to replace everything thrown out during spring cleaning; walk around the garden, make money off of Patreon, make money out of B&B and overpriced dinners. Make more money from patrons on Patreon Days!

Fall - celebrate PhiPhi's birthday, make Amory pretend he's working on something, make money from Patreon, and spend money on travels, spend more money on plants.

Winter - parties....parties....make money, spend money. South Africa.
Exactly. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Tomaz, a volunteer, fixed up the laundry room 3 years ago. He released his “before and after” LaLande laundry room video on August 31, 2020. It looked great…He did a really nice job…for FREE! What the hell is going on, Stephanie? How can a volunteer do this, but you can’t manage to get professionals to work on the rest of your heap?

IMG_5636.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 46

Tomaz, a volunteer, fixed up the laundry room 3 years ago. He released his “before and after” LaLande laundry room video on August 31, 2020. It looked great…He did a really nice job…for FREE! What the hell is going on, Stephanie? How can a volunteer do this, but you can’t manage to get professionals to work on the rest of your heap?

View attachment 2346742
I wonder what it looks like today? Probably back to the before photo.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
dielemon
2 hours ago
So is there any renovations/work going on at the chateau? Im missing that footage in the vlogs lately, its always just about dinners :(
I never post comments on any of the chateauverse videos, I’ve always kept my commentary here. But, I’m glad that people like dielemon, and people on Patreon, are asking these questions. When someone collects money, tax free, under the guise of restoration, there should be accountability. These are fair questions.

dielemon
2 hours ago
So is there any renovations/work going on at the chateau? Im missing that footage in the vlogs lately, its always just about dinners :(

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Here's what I think...

I think only BarPhie has a real job to do at Lalande at the moment as SJ's paid boyfriend rent gay, everyone else just gets paid pretending to have a job including SJ herself.

1687395288337a.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Stephanie’s been talking about these things for years…and on some of the larger projects she said, long ago, she’s already got the money, just waiting on surveys or approvals (or whatever)…for YEARS! What’s the hold up? In this time, Dan has come and gone. Amaury has come and gone, Michael Petherick has come and gone, Ian the builder is gone, Ian the plasterer passed away, Marie has come and gone and returned. Is she just a terrible project manager? Terrible planner? Misappropriated the money? Does she have ANY intention of doing things? Is she just planning on talking it to death until everyone just forgets or moves on because they get so bored with it all? In the meantime she’s got the money.
Three words: parties and shopping. They are both distractors for what needs to be done. Alcohol consumption can make all your problems disappear until the next shopping trip, the next travel excursion, the next visit to another chateau. I would love to just ignore the bills, cleaning, necessary appointments, things that need to be fixed and have fun all day long too. However, I was raised to take care of my tit and be a responsible human being. Chores and then playtime.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
they could at least choose diferent name. dorothy, margareth, something.

“@stephaniedavis6531
5 hours ago
Living with and in lovliness is what Stephenie's life is all about. I am so glad she shares it with the rest of us.--- Having watched all her videos minus the Patreon ones, I feel like I'm taking a Master's Class in French Culture, History and Decorative Arts. Also, love her recent venture with Oliver, "Travels with my Friend" . Love learning things about Venice and the rest of Italy. Living a life with lovliness is what we should all strive for.”

Also, that is a pretty big coincidence and awfully close to the numbers of our favorite Tattler @Isabelle6541 …only one number different? (Sorry …numbers stick in my brain to the point that I annoy myself 🤓). And do any of these weirdos have spellcheck? Because even my spellcheck is alarmed by the spelling of “lovliness”. That sounds like Marrrrrrie’s spelling.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Three words: parties and shopping. They are both distractors for what needs to be done. Alcohol consumption can make all your problems disappear until the next shopping trip, the next travel excursion, the next visit to another chateau. I would love to just ignore the bills, cleaning, necessary appointments, things that need to be fixed and have fun all day long too. However, I was raised to take care of my tit and be a responsible human being. Chores and then playtime.
She even managed to run off Selmar. Like him or not, he was actually doing work at the farmhouse. He might have been slow, but he was working…for FREE as a volunteer for a long time. Until Stephanie finally started paying him ($50 per day, I think)…but then charged him rent to park his trailer on her property. 🙄

All these workers keep leaving. Why? I think a lot of them start seeing through the crap and move on (Selmar aside). The incredible thing, to me, is that so many people WANT to help Stephanie. She’s had volunteers, workers, craftsmen, financial backers, financial supporters…they WANT to help. They WANT to feel like they’re part of something bigger. She selfishly keeps squandering the help and opportunity.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
IMG_3963.jpeg

The family has no money and must depend upon Patreon and YouTube charity to pay for home and renovations. So what do they do? Take children on vacation again and teach them others will pay their way. What should they be doing? Telling their children they cannot afford vacations and will stay at home, do chores and learn responsibility so they will grow up to be responsible, financially independent adults… unlike their parents.
🤮

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
“@stephaniedavis6531
5 hours ago
Living with and in lovliness is what Stephenie's life is all about. I am so glad she shares it with the rest of us.--- Having watched all her videos minus the Patreon ones, I feel like I'm taking a Master's Class in French Culture, History and Decorative Arts. Also, love her recent venture with Oliver, "Travels with my Friend" . Love learning things about Venice and the rest of Italy. Living a life with lovliness is what we should all strive for.”

Also, that is a pretty big coincidence and awfully close to the numbers of our favorite Tattler @Isabelle6541 …only one number different? (Sorry …numbers stick in my brain to the point that I annoy myself 🤓). And do any of these weirdos have spellcheck? Because even my spellcheck is alarmed by the spelling of “lovliness”. That sounds like Marrrrrrie’s spelling.
Who capitalizes all those non-capitalized words? I don't think it's Marie, her command of written English isn't even that good. I think whoever wrote this was drunk, at least I hope they were.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

View attachment 2346742
The laundry room isn't looking too bad -- except when FRK's doing her bottle thing. It's in her most recent workshop flog.

floristing.JPG
bottling.JPG
foraging.JPG

• Sad
I've never eaten pork that under done...
As much as I like pork, I'd never eat it that pink. Its asking for trouble. They had pulled pork for lunch, and pink pork for dinner. Gastronomicly redundant. Gastrointestinally repugnant.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Thank you @ComtesseRose for keeping us all on track with the new threads- spelling police here.... doesn't Wonderful have an R missing? If it's on purpose I apologize... Happy Birthday to all the August People

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Normally we watch the news from 6-7pm on RTE (Raidio Teilifis Eireann) each evening but the next four weeks it's only 6-6:30pm with a programme afterwards that fills the gap. It's called Reeling in the Years and is available on YouTube. Each episode features a different year... National and international news, music and sport. It's a programme we can watch over and over.

Reactions: 13

View attachment 2346742
Blast From The Past:
These two posts reminded me of the state of the laundry room when Diesel decided to take a duvet apart. It was hilarious, and I remember that Mummy was not at all pleased when it was mentioned in CD.

Here is Selmar's vid for anyone who missed it:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28

View attachment 2346742
Oh man, that before pic is disgusting... filthy. Is that the standard she grew up with?

Hello TL aunties and uncles!❤
Baby Potpourri wishes to say HI from the nice big crochet blankie his Texas nanna made for him!
He had a little photoshoot at Central Park near the Alice in Wonderland Statue today after brunch.
He was such a good boy today for not pooping until we got back home!:poop:
His grandpa is still not convinced that he needs a set of fine China, but he is bound to inherit the family ritual Kiddush cup and plate! :D
Thanks for all your warm and positive thoughts.

View attachment 2345496

Sorry for the derail. Thanks for the new thread, Auntie @ComtesseRose! Now back to Lalande!
He is so sweet.. I bet he makes those adorable squeaky noises and smells so good. Thanks for the pic.

Thanks Comtesse Rose for the new thread.

Now back to pealing lemons for Limoncello.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.