The Chateau Diaries #257 Fanny has gone from vague to shifty, Snorty went from intern to burying bodies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know this stone "personly". Only a few kilometres from home, Minerve is a beautiful mini cité with a long and bloody past. It also boasts some fabulous limestone gorges and caves. It is one of many Cathare sites that was raised to the ground and it's Cathare inhabitants burned to death. The worst and most bloody Cathare atrocity took place at the chateau de Montsègur where Cathares were chased from villages and towns throughout Occitanie to seek refuge. Pope Innocent III launched the Albigensian crusade in 1209 to eradicate all Cathares using Albi as his original seat and then, after the fall of Toulouse, moving to Avignonet-Lauragais to be closer to the action. Simon de Montfort, well known in English history and all round local dude from Narbonne, was the top honcho Knight working for Pope Innocent III. Portrayed in English history as an all round nice guy turned out to be a complete power hungry arse hole and ugly to boot. If you read up on the Cathares and the Albigensian crusade beware of faux-ami. Many, many sites in Occitanie claim to be Cathare sites. Not all of them were, they just happen to stand in what is known as Cathare Country.
Reading up on Simon earlier today. Two tidbits, his wife was also a religious fanatic and accompanied him on "diplomatic" if not military tours. And, some historians say the whole Albigensian crusade was a land grab by northerners of southerners land.
The need for de Montfort's extraordinary brutality still a mystery. Though the Buchenwald concentration camp director told Gitta Sereny nearly a millenium later the gratuitous brutality in his camp was to harden his commandos to their task of genocide. Khmer Rouge and other genocidaires report the same.
How cool you live in Occitanie!!!! Looking at pictures of Minerve, wish I'd gotten there before my knees went.
In my next life I want to study Oc at one of the old universities down there, and courtly love and the troubadours. Kenneth Clarke said the 1100s were the last time the good guys prevailed, and their idea was, God is Beauty.

Then Bernard of Clairvaux cracked down. All downhill since then.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
For €120 a night, my room needs to look like someone vomited pink toile all over it!
@KyBourbon How often do you think everything gets a deep clean? I think washing often would wear on the fabric in that room. I buy multiple sheets and have to replace duvets etc especially if with a pattern after a couple years. Her stuff continually is out and even when they were making lampshades and pillow covers I thought the fabric looked crusty and old (especially when they just put fabric over old pillows with fabric still on 🤮) But having two young kids myself, I always will buy something if I can throw it in the washer, or if it has a removable cover that can be cleaned.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
@KyBourbon How often do you think everything gets a deep clean? I think washing often would wear on the fabric in that room. I buy multiple sheets and have to replace duvets etc especially if with a pattern after a couple years. Her stuff continually is out and even when they were making lampshades and pillow covers I thought the fabric looked crusty and old (especially when they just put fabric over old pillows with fabric still on 🤮) But having two young kids myself, I always will buy something if I can throw it in the washer, or if it has a removable cover that can be cleaned.
I can’t imagine anything ever gets a deep clean. I think guests are lucky she changes the sheets…don’t look too closely at the duvets or blankets or you might get an infection from 20 feet away. I’m sorry, but I can’t imagine paying money to stay at that place. No way!

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Posted to f/b a couple of hours ago.

We never rest at Lalande, there are always exciting work renovations! What we've accomplished in the last few years is amazing; we're immensely improving the chateau!

Me thinks the lunatics have escaped from the asylum once again. They are delusional idiots just like those that agree with them in the comments. Immensely improving the chateau my arse.
Maybe they've fallen too hard for the philosophy of manifesting something in order to make it come true....why let reality interfere?
---
Confession time... I have never, ever seen The Sound of Music.
There's an easy fix for this oversight!
---
Did you see Mitch Mcconnell's soul leave his body?
I think that happened a long time ago!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Another chateau channel has jumped on the grifting wagon. Adieu, Queen's Escape.
He's a pilot, she's running the 6 room B&B/wedding venue and they want my $ to fund projects? How about getting a business loan?
I'm with you, @Le Baiseur. Watching the grift appeal right now, and it will be the last Queen's Escape vlog I ever watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I know this stone "personly". Only a few kilometres from home, Minerve is a beautiful mini cité with a long and bloody past. It also boasts some fabulous limestone gorges and caves. It is one of many Cathare sites that was raised to the ground and it's Cathare inhabitants burned to death. The worst and most bloody Cathare atrocity took place at the chateau de Montsègur where Cathares were chased from villages and towns throughout Occitanie to seek refuge. Pope Innocent III launched the Albigensian crusade in 1209 to eradicate all Cathares using Albi as his original seat and then, after the fall of Toulouse, moving to Avignonet-Lauragais to be closer to the action. Simon de Montfort, well known in English history and all round local dude from Narbonne, was the top honcho Knight working for Pope Innocent III. Portrayed in English history as an all round nice guy turned out to be a complete power hungry arse hole and ugly to boot. If you read up on the Cathares and the Albigensian crusade beware of faux-ami. Many, many sites in Occitanie claim to be Cathare sites. Not all of them were, they just happen to stand in what is known as Cathare Country.
Any books or vids to recommend on this amazing place you live in?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Another chateau channel has jumped on the grifting wagon. Adieu, Queen's Escape.
He's a pilot, she's running the 6 room B&B/wedding venue and they want my $ to fund projects? How about getting a business loan?
Cheese on toast. I quit watching them shortly after she purchased all of those small jars to put jam in (WHY not just purchase the smaller jars of jam instead, which is more hygenic?), and the one where she showed the skint brekkie they serve for the B&B guests. Since you've piqued my interest, I watched their latest offering. SMH, half of the vlog was dedicated to explaining their new Patreon account- prices range from 5 to 190 Euros.

But, Karen stated she won't have to put a lot of effort into it- so basically, you are going to get crap content and some "benefits" of enabling them to decorate their Chateau, as they cannot afford it. SMH. Karen goes on to explain they do not allow ads on their channel, claiming it is because they are thinking of their viewers and don't want to "disrupt your viewing experience", but suspect in reality they do not have a large enough following to generate YT AdSense revenue. Karen also informs us she went to graduate school for advertising where she studied media ethics, and goes on to say that ads are "intrusive". But cyber begging Patreon is a choice people can opt in to.

Ooh, Karen purchased some glitter pens for the Patreon postcards- yes, because that is what people want. She's going to print some images off on cardstock and colour them with glitter. DAFUQ?!?

While Karen is faffing about with glitter, Bo and 4 other guys (Bo's son and his 3 Danish friends) are cleaning up the grounds for an upcoming wedding ceremony. Karen busts out her Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, and makes the boys Macaroni and Cheese for dinner (and by the looks of what was on the table, that was all that she made. SMH. Since she had to refer to a recipe book for something that simple, I question her cooking skills.)

Next, Karen's two natural gas tanks to the kitchen are depleted- "When they are out, they give no warning, the gas just runs out!" Idiot. Why not check them regularly to have at least on full one on hand at all times? You are running a business! Get on a normal schedule for fuel delivery!" My bad, the fuel delivery guy discovered one tank was still full because Karen did not open the valve on the other one when the gas ran out. Now they will have a third tank.

I am not trying to be an arse, but forking A- they've lived there long enough Karen should know the basics. Why on earth did these two think it would be a fine idea to buy a chateau that needed repairs when Karen can't even figure out the gas for the stove?!? Let alone, one they cannot even afford to renovate? But, Karen did install a gym in the chateau. If she spent time actually doing physical labour, she wouldn't be in need of a gym. I do feel sorry for Bo, as not only does he have to work to provide as a pilot, he is the one who does the brunt of the physical labour in his off time. But, he knew what he was getting into, and these two not only had no proper business plan (you can advertise the hades out of something, but it all comes down to the delivery), but went into this without thinking about the costs to renovate/maintain the place.

Thank you @Le Baiseur for reminding me that there are people who are even dumber than Fanny. This vlog was absolute tit- for someone with an "Advertising Major" from Uni, she certainly did not put a lot of effort into convincing anyone why they should join their Patreon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
For €120 a night, my room needs to look like someone vomited pink toile all over it!
I watched Patrick and Stuart earlier, with their consultation visit from the chap who is the Little Green Paris rep. Hundreds of paint colours to choose from; hundreds of wall paper options to choose from and what are these guys going with? Pink toile. Yep, pink toile. And apparently it's for their grand salon, because they want that "wow factor". Je les désespère tous less deux. 😥 I just want to shake them hard and yell wtf! They'll get that wow factor alright, and it'll be a 'Wow, what the hell were you thinking! '

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I'm with you, @Le Baiseur. Watching the grift appeal right now, and it will be the last Queen's Escape vlog I ever watch.
I am with you, @Tartuffe !
---
Dear Sarah and Shrek- I applaud you for putting together a successful business with your artist retreats, showcasing the artists (which is really nice of you to do, as it helps them), Shrek raising money for the barn roof with his prints (and Andi's, which was very kind of her to do), and for not taking the "easy" way out by just slapping up a Patreon account. But, while I know you jokers lurve the heck out of your chateau and its many original features, since your business revolves around the art community, it may be time to let the wallpaper go and paint the walls in a nice, neutral color. The wallpaper is NOT at all original anyway, so it might be time to do a "refresh" and "let it go." Or, if you are hell bent on wallpaper (as it is good at covering wall defects and such), go with something really neutral and light- it would better bring out the beautiful woodwork and brighten up the rooms. A creamy colour in the grand salon with a subdued pattern would be really lovely. And whatever you do, don't listen to Fanny nor Snorts for renovation advice!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Beau Chateau - Daphne and Ian take her grandmother on a road trip to the French Riviera. Ian on the beach shirtless at about 7:25. You're welcome.

That was a really touching and well done documentary. Wow. Stephanie sucks
---
I know someone who uses 'bird' when referencing another woman, and she's a woman.
And men are apes🤣🤣
---
I know someone who uses 'bird' when referencing another woman, and she's a woman.
And men are pigs🤣🤣
---
You can have his body, I’ll take his voice. Oops, you have a Mr. T so I’ll take both….in my dreams.😉
He’s kind of a less weird Davy, no?
---
You can have his body, I’ll take his voice. Oops, you have a Mr. T so I’ll take both….in my dreams.😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Totally agree! I just got caught up with Martijn Doolaard's videos. He works hard and his videos are so beautiful. Hardly any talking and no laughing. He takes such pride in his work. It's a joy! I don't watch CD vlogs because I just can't stand them. There's nothing of interest there anymore. Boring would be one thing, but Fanny is annoying. She's so one dimensional. She's like a talking cardboard cutout that won't shut up. Once in a while, I pop in to view something that's been discussed here to see for myself, but that's it.
I gave up watching the CD a few weeks ago, I can’t remember the last gift grab I saw and I never even started watching the travel channel.
I’m definitely not missing it as I seem to be able to get the gist of what is happening on here. Tattle is far more entertaining. 💕💕
---
I don’t understand why these two guys want to be so involved with their ex…I want nothing to do with mine
I still talk to mine as we have a son together and I love pup sitting for him as she is adorable and gets so excited when she comes to stay with me.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Shut your face! How dare you compare Doctor Dishy to Davy! There was no Playmobile in that vlog, nor does Doctor Dishy at all resemble King Charles crossed with a preying mantis! (SMH- Fanny could at LEAST dosh out to have Davy's eyebrows waxed- they are awful!) Leave my Doctor Dishy alone! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
My hairdresser has recently had his lips done. While he was cutting my hair I was trying to work out what was wrong different about his face. When I put my glasses on I realised! It looked like he had had an allergic reaction to seafood. He's a young man in his 30's. He's not a munter, has that whole surf dude thing going on. He's athletic, was short listed for the French rowing team. So why do people put themselves through that? He really didn't need it and I hope he has regretted it and won't see the need to continue down that route. Just mho.
Not heard Munter describe someone since I moved from Portsmouth. 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Not heard Munter describe someone since I moved from Portsmouth. 😂😂😂
I have not heard the term "munter" in a minute, so this made me chuckle! 😂 (Mr. T Rex thinks these are fictional words I have just made up, like "grundies" for underpants!)

Last edited:
  • Haha
"literally nothing will happen at Lalande except Fanny waking up at noon to cash her $40k cheque from patreon for zero restoration, zero renovation, zero repairs, zero reupholstery, zero projects"

Ma cher @thatsrich I beg to differ... we are currently witnessing the restoration, renovation, repairs, reupholstery and projects of fanny herself. The botox, the boobjob (speculation), the extensive new clothing, the filters... It's all there, Fanny is reinventing herself!!!
as I've said SHE DEVIL
---
If I live to have a longer life, my plan is to grow old like a man and do nothing to stop the natural decadence of my body. That was always my plan in life, to treat myself with love and respect just like most men do. My entire life I took a fabulous good care of my health, very healthy life style, never used make up or made any type of interventions, never cared to hide anything and my self esteem was always a strong trace of my personality. Then I got seriously ill anyway, I am fighting for my life and struggling to understand why the healthy ones ( at least around me) get sick first. Anyway, health is an abstract thing and can not be taken for granted.
I am so sorry to hear this and hope you get well. xxxx
---
Also loving Martijn….peaceful but still progress.

i find myself watching less and less CD. Never watch giftgrabs or travels with my married friend, or her other travel channel. It’s same old same old ..tea, chickens, peacock ignoring Fanny, weeds in garden, horrendous food, fake clearouts, fake reno plans, fake friends, fake laughter.
🧵 Chateau Diaries-Fake face, fake clear outs, fake Reno plans, fake friends, fake love and fake laughter

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

🤣🤣🤣 Something for Thrush to purchase. He could make a delightful tablescape with these... 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Quite content to do it on their own
Until they realized the
Enormity of the work and the
Endless costs.
No taste. No money. Oh Patreon!!!!
I just saw an ad for a competition by the British heart foundation or some other charity to win a beautiful farm house in Yorkshire. Immediately i though what a money pit it’s not even worth winning it. Although i do think it is a beautiful house.
Now i can’t find the ad to share with you all.

Reactions: 12
We were there in Oct 2014 bloody freezing and windy, Mr Spratts favourite part of history he's got quite a few books on the Cathares.
1690437928924.png

1690437959513.png

• Heart
Just looking at the pics Luna20 discovered for the sale of Chateau de la Ferte.
Then looking at the last couple of their vlogs.
Carole's mother and Alf were at the chateau just before the start of July.
They were referred to but not shown.
Then in the second last vlog either Carole or Adrien referred to the date as July 1 which I noted because it was at least two weeks behind when the vlog actually aired.
I think Val and Alf expressly came over to help Carole and Adrien with the sale photo prep.
When Val refers to how things will look in the garden next year when they visit, it is my belief she is helping to maintain the pretence that they are not prepping but just doing maintenance.
All of this doesn't matter either way really however, I think Carole and Adrien have been thinking about selling their chateau for a while.
I'm still sad they're selling . . . maybe they are just putting a toe in the water to see what it would fetch on the current market. 🤷‍♀️
We shall see what we shall see . . . in due course.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.