The Chateau Diaries #257 Fanny has gone from vague to shifty, Snorty went from intern to burying bodies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They do that in the United States also. After they are finished utilizing the body, the remains are cremated and offered first to the family, and if no family claims the ashes, they can be disposed of by burying the ashes or placing them in a communal grave site with other ashes from donated bodies, My great aunt left her body to science and that is what happened after they had completed their use of the body. It was all handled in a very dignified manner with respect to the deceased who contributed their body to help others. My uncle died from a rare cancer and left his body to the medical school and research facility. When they had completed all of the research on his body, his body was cremated and returned to the family for burial.

In Knoxville , Tennessee they have a body farm where corpses are placed in various settings to provide forensic evidence about decomposition of bodies.People can specifically donate their bodies to the cause. It is true and creepy, The grounds are very tightly controlled so the general public cannot break into the farm and wander around the grounds.

From the research they have conducted at the farm, the have formulated enough evidence to solve many murders, and collect reliable forensic evidence about the rate of decompisition of body tissues, etc. under many different outdoor scenarios.

Tara Fitzgerald starred in The Body Farm, a terrific British series.
Well worth a watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I was so upset when I heard this...I've been out this afternoon running some errands before the heat wave hits us tomorrow, and heard it around 3:00 on the radio. I've only ever gotten really emotional when an artist has passed a few times - Prince, Delores O'Riordan from the Cranberries and now add Sinead O'Connor to the list.

I don't know if any of you know who Patrick Dexter is - he is a wonderful Irish cello player. I heard this rendition a couple of years ago, and he has posted it on Twitter today in memoriam. It's quite beautiful....and of course more than 10 seconds of cello playing, and I become a puddle of tears all over again, about anything!

Her music was beautiful. She had to battle so many personal, mental, and emotional issues throughout her life. I admired her brave, 'outspoken' nature, refusing to play by the rules, and addressing and highlighting the sexual abuse of children in the Catholic Churrch, sexual exploitation in the music industry, etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I love that you're still here but i don't think she was editing. I think she was shopping. I think she was using editing as her excuse so she and Mr. Snorty mc Snorty Face could slip from Olé and indulge in her favourite past time of spending other people's money and lying about it. Snorts was the lookout. He's a sneak, so he'd be good at that. Look at what she's wearing... that atrocious upholstery fabric coat she usually reserves is shopping in Venice. Yeah, she out shopping not editing and...
I agree - she was shopping or just posing to look like "computer work" ..... that was the last straw.
If Fanny ever "worked" it would Kill her!
Gosh, if Fanny and Squirrel were stuck in that Castle all alone with no one to help ....... two Lazy people together.... hell, how would that go !!! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I love that phrase "to grow old disgracefully". My darling grandmother used it all the time and I shall follow in her footsteps. She also said she would leave this world with the same number of holes that she came into it with. Me too.

I also have lumps and bumps and scarring from general life and operations but not a single one in the search for perfection. I have undergone the operation for 'half' a face-lift but not because of vanity but because there was a rather worrying tumour growing in my cheek that the surgeon couldn't get a handle on without an operation. Luckily the tumour turned out to be nothing but it did bring to light an illness that I had been suffering from but no Dr had been able to pinpoint until that operation. I am happy to live with my imperfections and, yes indeed, it is a roadmap of memories and experience.
When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple

by Jenny Joseph

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

• Heart
  • Haha
BNB from €120 a night for this room. Why. . .? It looks like a dormitory…..
Yeah. I guess she's working with what was left for them by the previous owners. In an earlier vlog she said she wants to re-do the rooms and theme them to the Queen they're named after and she wants viewers to pay for it.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Yeah. I guess she's working with what was left for them by the previous owners. In an earlier vlog she said she wants to re-do the rooms and theme them to the Queen they're named after and she wants viewers to pay for it.
I thought maybe they would be different but they're all cut from the same cloth.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
You're welcome.

View attachment 2335631
I know this stone "personly". Only a few kilometres from home, Minerve is a beautiful mini cité with a long and bloody past. It also boasts some fabulous limestone gorges and caves. It is one of many Cathare sites that was raised to the ground and it's Cathare inhabitants burned to death. The worst and most bloody Cathare atrocity took place at the chateau de Montsègur where Cathares were chased from villages and towns throughout Occitanie to seek refuge. Pope Innocent III launched the Albigensian crusade in 1209 to eradicate all Cathares using Albi as his original seat and then, after the fall of Toulouse, moving to Avignonet-Lauragais to be closer to the action. Simon de Montfort, well known in English history and all round local dude from Narbonne, was the top honcho Knight working for Pope Innocent III. Portrayed in English history as an all round nice guy turned out to be a complete power hungry arse hole and ugly to boot. If you read up on the Cathares and the Albigensian crusade beware of faux-ami. Many, many sites in Occitanie claim to be Cathare sites. Not all of them were, they just happen to stand in what is known as Cathare Country.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I attended the University of Tennessee in Knoxville and sat in a Forensics Anthropology class because it was so interesting (no credits for the class…I just thought it was fascinating; I sat in the back of the room and listened). The professor at the time also headed the program at the “body farm” and incorporated the research into his lectures. Donated bodies are placed in the open air, under leaves or other debris, buried in shallow graves, etc. so they can be analyzed and studied. I know it’s shocking at first, but this research really does assist other scientists, law enforcement, and detectives with their work.
My older sister is a micro paleontologist but went back to study post grad forensic archaeology - in one of their classes, they had to go out in the field and each find a spot they'd think a body would be buried after a crime and then dig the hole for it. They then all walked around and 'defended' their spot and hole. Most of them chose spots too far from the road - no way you can easily drag or carry a dead body very far, or too close to tree roots for digging much and all of them didn't dig the hole big enough for a body. My sister was complemented on her 'sharp' hole sides and corners - however, no one in a hurry to bury a body would bother - it was her paleontology mind and training thinking it needed to be neat sides for the grid lines etc. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Her music was beautiful. She had to battle so many personal, mental, and emotional issues throughout her life. I admired her brave, 'outspoken' nature, refusing to play by the rules, and addressing and highlighting the sexual abuse of children in the Catholic Churrch, sexual exploitation in the music industry, etc.
So true...she lost her career over her battle with the Catholic Church - as a Rolling Stone reporter said in an interview today, she will ultimately be remembered for her music, despite the fact that her career was shattered after her activism on live tv on Saturday Night Live. We didn't know then what we know now about the Catholic Church.

I kind of take that back....we DID know. Maybe just some of us weren't willing to admit it then. My very best friend (the one I've mentioned who passed away two years ago from a pulmonary embolism) went to school at Archbishop Keough High School in Baltimore. If you ever watched the Netflix series "The Keepers", my friend was there at that time, and while she was not someone who was abused by Father Maskell, she had friends who had been. What she saw happen as a 16 or 17 year old was enough to forever cause her to not be affiliated with the Catholic Church. I've met a couple of those women who were highlited in The Keepers - their determination in the midst of the grief and shame and everything else they had to go through in fighting the Catholic Church to be heard is something I will never forget. Finally, just this year, the Archdiocese of Baltimore - after denying the claims of these women that Father Maskell had sexually abused them and was a known sexual abuser that they moved around to protect - stopped fighting the State, and the State released a redacted report of known Catholic Church abusers. Surprise!!! Father Maskell was on that list.

If you've never watched "The Keepers" on Netflix, I highly recommend it. As someone who is a bit of crime junkie, it was a fascinating series about how two amateurs set about to try and solve the murder of a nun who was on to this priest. The fact that it was about the Church or was set in my area was a bonus!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Another chateau channel has jumped on the grifting wagon. Adieu, Queen's Escape.
He's a pilot, she's running the 6 room B&B/wedding venue and they want my $ to fund projects? How about getting a business loan?
Quite content to do it on their own
Until they realized the
Enormity of the work and the
Endless costs.
No taste. No money. Oh Patreon!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I attended the University of Tennessee in Knoxville and sat in a Forensics Anthropology class because it was so interesting (no credits for the class…I just thought it was fascinating; I sat in the back of the room and listened). The professor at the time also headed the program at the “body farm” and incorporated the research into his lectures. Donated bodies are placed in the open air, under leaves or other debris, buried in shallow graves, etc. so they can be analyzed and studied. I know it’s shocking at first, but this research really does assist other scientists, law enforcement, and detectives with their work.
Oh my.. Oh my God, are you a federal officer? For the FBI?

And Mr. Scorpion was a freshman from the FBI Academy and got assigned to be your partner? And on your first case he heroically jumped in front of you and caught a bullet with his bulletproof vest.
As he lay in your arms he said „I would always catch a bullet for you“

In rage, you pulled your gun and shot the maniac Zodiac killer right between the eyes.

Was it so romantic like that? Was it?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Beau Chateau - Daphne and Ian take her grandmother on a road trip to the French Riviera. Ian on the beach shirtless at about 7:25. You're welcome.

I didn't even notice- the vlog itself was really interesting, well filmed, and Daphne's interaction with Grandma Jo was really touching- it was so lovely to see how Daphne helped her up the stairs, and the old photos to when Grandma Jo was young and holding baby Daphne (Daphne certainly favours her grandmere's looks.) Now that you made me go back to rewatch, Ian looks like a young Keanu! 😂 It goes to show that when one creates a quality vlog, you do not need half-naked people to promote it. To me, it was just two young people in swimwear on the beach and on a SUP, having fun. The whole dynamic of Beau Chateau is so completely different that CD. Despite being raised in the US, Daphne speaks French REALLY well, embraces French culture, and Ian and she are doing their best (and making progress) with constant back breaking work to restore it and the grounds.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Totally agree! I just got caught up with Martijn Doolaard's videos. He works hard and his videos are so beautiful. Hardly any talking and no laughing. He takes such pride in his work. It's a joy! I don't watch CD vlogs because I just can't stand them. There's nothing of interest there anymore. Boring would be one thing, but Fanny is annoying. She's so one dimensional. She's like a talking cardboard cutout that won't shut up. Once in a while, I pop in to view something that's been discussed here to see for myself, but that's it.
Also loving Martijn….peaceful but still progress.

i find myself watching less and less CD. Never watch giftgrabs or travels with my married friend, or her other travel channel. It’s same old same old ..tea, chickens, peacock ignoring Fanny, weeds in garden, horrendous food, fake clearouts, fake reno plans, fake friends, fake laughter.

• Heart
FRK is being her weird self again on IG. "Sometimes we just need to relax and enjoy life." Well, she seems pretty relaxed but not enjoying life. Talk about low energy. If she goes any slower she'll stop altogether. How many times can one person arrange cosmos in a glass container and not die from boredom? Shouldn't she be gearing up for her workshops? Why isn't she promoting them on her IG account every chance she gets? Take a card from Jamie Beck's deck and promote, promote, promote! Sell, sell, sell! Probably too capitalistic for Marie's sensitivities, money should just appear magically.
Maybe she's been mixing anti-depressants with weed?
---
I’ve heard he’s doing just fine and been working on his cottage.

I’ve decided that I’m done with Stephanie & CD. I just want to watch YouTube videos that make me happy. Although a grudge watch can be fun, this one just isn’t worth it anymore. I’m only here for you tartlets, you’re more entertaining than SJ ever was.❤
Totally agree-- can't watch CD anymore, but enjoy the entertainment here!

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.