The Chateau Diaries #245 Mummy, new look; Phi Phi, new pants; Ruthie, new novel - stranger than fiction!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree that her guest dinners do not need to be that elaborate. Fanny is so far up the 1980's ass it's bizarre. A simple meal, sourced from local farms and dairies would be on par with Alice Waters' Chez Panisse or any 4 star restaurant. People want to taste local and fresh and French. They are, after all, in FRANCE. Give them a set meal. A taste of the French countryside and region that she lives in. Nothing more. Have about five or 7 of those type of menus and rotate them. Locally sourced, extra points if it's from the walled garden. It's not rocket science. People aren't traveling to France for Texas bbq, or some recipe from Cypress. She really is the most tit inn keeper.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
You should listen to your other cousin, Steph!😂
---
So now Snorts is hiding his mouth, too when eating? If I see it one more time I'll scream
I’d love to live with ashenfraudies means, she doesn’t need to budget with that kind of money coming each month, I read here earlier that some fool sent 500$ for scaffolding. On another note a friend who watches recently said she was unsubscribing because the content was too boring now, good to see the scales falling away at least from some followers eyes

• Heart
Reactions: 31
AdeptUnnaturalHornedviper-size_restricted.gif

Screenshot (399).png

1685701455404.png

1685701508591.png

1685702079690.png
1685702090440.png

1685701071453.png

1685701434106.png

James Carrington
2 hours ago
So Philip wears the same shirt to Chelsea Flower Show all day in the sunshine (to the point of getting sunburnt), wears it out all evening to the Yves Delorme shop and to Mavros, then he wears it the entire following day to drive back to La Lande in and then wears it for a third full "consecutive" day (if we believe the timelines) to return the van and prepare for all the guests...? One can only assume he also didn't shower in those 3 days as you certainly wouldn't go to the effort of showering and put on 2 day old sweaty clothes... One can only assume there is still no hot water at the Chateau then..? Any updates on the heating...
Rosie Hugh
1 hour ago
The problem with you is that you assume far too much and have far too little sense.
James Carrington
1 hour ago
And you are?

... and the rental van...
1685703088683.png

cd5092e0-69b4-4a52-a115-7603cf78aafc_text.gif

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
View attachment 2212306

View attachment 2212304
View attachment 2212272
View attachment 2212275
View attachment 2212290View attachment 2212291
View attachment 2212258
View attachment 2212271
James Carrington
2 hours ago
So Philip wears the same shirt to Chelsea Flower Show all day in the sunshine (to the point of getting sunburnt), wears it out all evening to the Yves Delorme shop and to Mavros, then he wears it the entire following day to drive back to La Lande in and then wears it for a third full "consecutive" day (if we believe the timelines) to return the van and prepare for all the guests...? One can only assume he also didn't shower in those 3 days as you certainly wouldn't go to the effort of showering and put on 2 day old sweaty clothes... One can only assume there is still no hot water at the Chateau then..? Any updates on the heating...
Rosie Hugh
1 hour ago
The problem with you is that you assume far too much and have far too little sense.
James Carrington
1 hour ago
And you are?

... and the rental van...
View attachment 2212314
View attachment 2212313
James Carrington doing God's work by asking THE OBVIOUS.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I’m sure PhiPhi and ashenfraudie did nothing to help with chicks, if there wasn’t footage I’d suspect they bought hatchlings or maybe kristy had them at home. she managed to get a product placement for “hello fresh “ in the shot 🤣🤣🤣. And PhiPhi really needs to change his clothes once and awhile

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Same here in my neck of the woods. I have a well for watering outside but, fear it will run dry if we don’t get rain soon. I tried to weed an area of my veggie garden yesterday and it was like digging In concrete. Doing research on drought tolerant things to grow in the future.
On that's simplicity itself - plant Australian natives.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
What I don’t understand with the BnB dinners is why Maria doesn’t standardise the meals every week as they are different guests. Thus reducing waste and costs. Shopping would be so much easier. A soup or desert could be made days ahead and frozen.
Meal 1 - onion soup, protein based roast, tart/pie
Meal 2 - dip/pate, protein based meal, berries/sorbet
The weekly palaver of inventing meals that look sketchy is just crazy IMHO.
Your expectations are not realistic LOL, on another note why is there all that crap in the kitchen behind the pea eater, ugh pea breath

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I expect someone has already answered, emma are bed mattresses.

Sorry if I'm repeating I had to go to bed. Inconsiderate I know but there it is!
---

I was expecting blue haired whipcrack Shazza to make an appearance...
---

Keep those Surrey-isms coming Mr&Mrs @JackSpratt Fortunately I had finished my tea otherwise there would have been a right mess! That's got my day off to a better start...🤣
We aim to please, flying the flag for Surrey.

surrey flag.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 14
If and when Dan manages to finish the chateau without killing himself, I imagine he might then attempt to sell it. Just imagine the whole thing collapsing on the new owners. It's difficult to think that anyone would be daft enough to buy it and it's never going to get through a survey. It's also sad to think that, if he keeps it himself and lives there with the kids or has guests, it's still going to be a hazardous place for anyone who enters but that's never stopped Fanny, so why would it stop Dan?
It pisses me off that those people turned up to help him and he allowed it. A/ Because, have they no sense of self preservation? And B/ Because, however stupid these people were, Dan should have provided them with hard hats the moment they went anywhere near the dump. Plus C/ The whole shiteau ruin should be out of bounds to ALL visitors together site, no exceptions. I'm fine with Dickless Dan putting his own life at risk. The man is a tragedy waiting to happen and that has to be why people watch. But it makes me angry that this self centered, thoughtless, sloppy, inept prick puts the lives of others on the line and just for content. Will these people secretly turn out to be his parents? Who cares - same rules applies. Those people should have been turned away with Dan citing how dangerous the ruin is. He doesn't permit his own kids inside the building, but he's very cavalier with other people lives, hole that he is.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Undee posted a video of herself wandering through Snorty's storage room shop. Basket of dead bugs, waterlogged walls, and a single rose Mareeee plucked from mummees garden....paarfect
Ye Olde Abandoned Squirrel Shoppe

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I would also add that cooking on an oil rig or any isolated situation is not all about bacon and eggs. Times have changed. At my partner's isolated workplace, the catering company was recently sacked for being mediocre. I have seen their new contractors menus and I am very impressed with the variety, vegan food and vegetarian food. Dan is a chef and we haven't seen his talents. Credit where credit is due.

Reactions: 11
why are his fingernails so darn long?

I remember once when someone made a comment about Philip's gross hair on the Manor & Maker comment section, Steve replied "oh, that's just the way men in Europe wear their hair".

I have to ask, is this long fingernail thing a look for men in Europe (I'm hoping not!).
For me, it's definitely a sign of someone who does absolutely no work.

1685708742170.png

• Sick
Reactions: 32
Tonight’s flog.

Curtsey does not know much about animal husbandry. She actually tried to help the chick peck it’s way out of the shell.

Why were Mummy and Percy in the identical outfits they had on in the UK when Fanny vlogged them on the headboard delivery vlog?
Fanny had three dress changes in one day?
I am not good at the time lines but they were not in the UK for just two days as claimed.
Why is the old china pantry, Pavlinas flower room, now chick rearing room an occasional sitting room?

FRK looked rather grumpy.
Snorts looked dirty and I do not like him playing house in Mummy’s apartment.

As Gerry has been given first sleep in the bed from the Bauer I do hope his hair dye does not come off on the headboard.

Why are they buying cheese already sliced and in packs. They live in France !?

What is in these bags?

There is no way they have cleaned that bed, professionally or otherwise, before they put it in use. It's been in a hotel for donkey's years. I understand when staying in hired accommodation that while I expect all bedsheets to have been washed and bleached in between guests that this does not extend to headboards and such but getting furniture intended for one's home is different :sick:

• Sick
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.