The Chateau Diaries #245 Mummy, new look; Phi Phi, new pants; Ruthie, new novel - stranger than fiction!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't think his short lived cooking series showed any particular talent or pushing of the gourmet boundaries. He poached his chicken breasts in cling film for fanny's guests (but he did allow 1 chicken breast per person so I'll cut him some slack for portion size). It would appear we only have his word that he is a chef. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I was surprised at cooking in clingfilm... I would have thought it would release toxins (or something).. I've heard don't use it in the microwave...
---
View attachment 2212306

View attachment 2212304
View attachment 2212272
View attachment 2212275
View attachment 2212290View attachment 2212291
View attachment 2212258
View attachment 2212271
James Carrington
2 hours ago
So Philip wears the same shirt to Chelsea Flower Show all day in the sunshine (to the point of getting sunburnt), wears it out all evening to the Yves Delorme shop and to Mavros, then he wears it the entire following day to drive back to La Lande in and then wears it for a third full "consecutive" day (if we believe the timelines) to return the van and prepare for all the guests...? One can only assume he also didn't shower in those 3 days as you certainly wouldn't go to the effort of showering and put on 2 day old sweaty clothes... One can only assume there is still no hot water at the Chateau then..? Any updates on the heating...
Rosie Hugh
1 hour ago
The problem with you is that you assume far too much and have far too little sense.
James Carrington
1 hour ago
And you are?

... and the rental van...
View attachment 2212314
View attachment 2212313
Yet they carry all that luggage...

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Question #9877. Why does Dan not have Armoire any more??? Armoire ain't doing any construction at the dump....is he? Things related to renovation have been at a standstill for what....2 years? Since Fanny started Patreon!!!!!!!! Those goofy numbskulls have been throwing money at Fanny and have zero results!!
---

Well slap my ass and call me Sally!
Good to know. I stand corrected...I guess.
I just remember the beige chicken HE made once at the dump for guests? Party? I was not impressed but everybody can have an off night.
I couldn't figure out what he meant by that comment about Aumary. Doesn't have access to Aumary or access to his workshop? Has he every been there helping out out the crispy chateau?

Reactions: 20
I was surprised at cooking in clingfilm... I would have thought it would release toxins (or something).. I've heard don't use it in the microwave...
---

Yet they carry all that luggage...
I stopped using clingfilm pre pandemic because it stated on the boxes (here in France) not to wrap greasy/oily food - for example cheese, butter, charcuterie, anything cooked in fat - because, as you say, it releases toxins into the food it is in contact with. It also said not have it in contact with raw meats and fish. That scared the tit out of me so I started using waxed cotton wraps, waxed food paper, foil (aluminium wrap), and grease proof paper.

• Wow
  • Heart
too bad i can't join (yet) i would kill for some peka. and fritule. and mađarica.
I would kill for homemade štrukli and sarma of course. Why is no sarma on the list? 😂😂🤔 And duck and mlinci? Yummy

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Father O'Malley forgives you for your horrific transgression mrsp67, but the first round of drinks in the VIP Lounge tonight is your shout! 🥂 (Please make mine a tall G&T)
I do find myself missing the good Father’s sage advice and in depth analysis of all things LieLand.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I would kill for homemade štrukli and sarma of course. Why is no sarma on the list? 😂😂🤔 And duck and mlinci? Yummy
i got almost crucified couple of times for this but i don't think sarma is croatian dish.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
A very very horrific thing happened yesterday re: SJ I put on blog and fell asleep 💤 meaning the entire damn thing played with all the commercials giving her MONEY! I’m sick about it and feel like I e betrayed my tattle family! I hope I’m still allowed in the lounge this evening!
You can always go back and click dislike.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
i got almost crucified couple of times for this but i don't think sarma is croatian dish.
What kind of guests are you who criticize the menu?👩‍🍳🤷‍♀️🤭
You're invited, it's free, there's enough of everything and you're sure to find something tasteful to eat. There is no sarma because sarma is eaten in winter.
If you are a fan of some dishes from my menu, but you are not a VIP, don't worry. No one will tell me who I can invite.🤫

You are all invited.

(Sarma is not a Croatian dish, but it is a mandatory dish in almost every house, so we appropriated it.)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I stopped using clingfilm pre pandemic because it stated on the boxes (here in France) not to wrap greasy/oily food - for example cheese, butter, charcuterie, anything cooked in fat - because, as you say, it releases toxins into the food it is in contact with. It also said not have it in contact with raw meats and fish. That scared the tit out of me so I started using waxed cotton wraps, waxed food paper, foil (aluminium wrap), and grease proof paper.
Well that now makes me question zip loc bags... I marinade meat with oils and lemon/vinegars in them...

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Well that now makes me question zip loc bags... I marinade meat with oils and lemon/vinegars in them...
I use cling just for covering containers in the fridge, and zip loc bags for storing or marinating food.
but I also use Nutella from time to time, and no organic sustainable vegan alternative for 3x the price!

hate me! Hate me you all!!!

• Haha
You go Kathy! Poor "Clara" what will she do now, LOL.
I'm a little confused - not difficult, believe me where YT is concerned! ;)
Where was Kathy clogging up Clara's feed? (Could someone please direct me to the actual vlog).
Was it on Kathy's own YT channel as Kathy said that she has now blocked them? If that's the case, then, in reality, who exactly was really clogging up the feed, i.e. Clara s/he themself no less? Bloody cheek! :confused: :rolleyes:
If these people have so much to say, why doesn't one of these, "No - I am the real Clara" personalities (fake or otherwise) start up their own YT channel instead of constantly high jacking other people's?
I think I may know who is doing a lot of this unnecessary stirring but, my lips are sealed, of course! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 6
I use cling just for covering containers in the fridge, and zip loc bags for storing or marinating food.
but I also use Nutella from time to time, and no organic sustainable vegan alternative for 3x the price!

hate me! Hate me you all!!!
But did you know there's a recipe to make your own chocolate hazelnut spread? 😮

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Don’t! I have food grade silicone versions for that. They come in a variety of sizes and are reusable. I also have the bees wax wraps for all types of items. There’s even a washable reusable paper towel brand out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
But did you know there's a recipe to make your own chocolate hazelnut spread? 😮
One pack of nuts costs as much as a jar of Nutella. Those idiots blame the war for everything. I nearly pay about 50% more on food since then.

And I have no blender.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
A very very horrific thing happened yesterday re: SJ I put on blog and fell asleep 💤 meaning the entire damn thing played with all the commercials giving her MONEY! I’m sick about it and feel like I e betrayed my tattle family! I hope I’m still allowed in the lounge this evening!
Lol…I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I don’t watch her anymore because it’s like fingernails on a chalkboard. I’ll watch an episode here and there if it’s really being talked about here. I figure my drop in the bucket of 17 cents, or whatever she gets, isn’t even worth my concern at this point if I do watch one of her videos. I always wind up fast forwarding through them anyway. I also pay for ad free YT, so I don’t know how much she gets from that since I don’t see ads? Does anyone know? I don’t like any creator enough to waste my time with commercials, so it’s worth it to me to pay the $18/month for ad free.

I really don’t even have a problem with Stephanie earning money on her normal YouTube videos, as she is producing content for people to view, if they want. My main problem is she has revealed herself to be a modern day scam artist with Patreon, and her main audience are people that can’t afford it. There are dozens of comments on Brenda’s Facebook page of people saying they leave the auto play on and let it run all night long while they are sleeping, which lets all of the ads play, because they can’t afford to be a patron. One guy was claiming there is a 2 hour ad on some of his and he felt bad for skipping it after the requisite 30 seconds. I don’t know if I believe that. Maybe he meant a 2 minute ad. That group is not the brightest bunch. But Brenda is encouraging them to do this so Stephanie can get extra funds for the chapel. That is what I have a problem with. These people in her FB group are being made to feel guilty if they don’t watch the ads, or let it run overnight to replay all of her videos. You can tell by their comments that this is what they live for and I don’t like seeing vulnerable people exploited. If it makes them happy to watch CD, then ok. But the guilt trip they get by Brenda to watch all the ads and to watch it on repeat is disgusting. As is Stephanie’s modern day con with Patreon and fixing up her dump.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Latest stats for the charlataine
( + 10 )​
Patrons​
$33,440
( + $940 )​
Earnings per month​

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.