The Chateau Diaries #237 If you haven't been blocked, you're not trying hard enough!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@AndAnotherName - do they still use Central Cookery book in schools in Tassie? About 10 years ago I bought a copy for my son which was a hint to start cooking! The school I attended we had to cater for a lunch and invite our parents - all I can remember is doing those butter curls and putting them in iced water! And my mother's frosty demeanor!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Has Nick come as a member of the Yellow Order of the Ku Klux Klan? View attachment 2146792
🎯

killing-eve-you-are-shameless.gif

1683196547518 (2).png

1683195647464.png

At least Sharon did not have to cook her own birthday meal. Did she bring presents this year???
👇last year's birthday gift grab...
1683195953420.png

👇last year's birthday meal...
1683196368003.png

@sharonferguson007
11 months ago
Did I mention I made a sit down dinner for 10 people. Jerk chicken, Jamaican pegeon peas and rice made with coconut milk and spices, steamed string beans. Yum. Swipe to see because someone blew out my candle for me. The magic of this trip will be with me forever. I cannot say thank you enough and live for the moment I return to @chateaudelalande

1683197094015.png

Screenshot (311).png

• Haha
Reactions: 34
More pile on from the rabid fans they really are such pathetic people:

Sheree Jones
10h
Personally I would think the repairs in the grande salon should come first before it gets any worse and ends up an even bigger job - the lake is not a desperate emergency to do where’s structural repairs are I imagine !

Megan Madaris
9h
The lake work will be on hold according to Stephanie’s previous comments, but the bureaucratic red tape takes so long for permissions (years), they’re going ahead to receive the ok from the government so that when they are ready with funds and other higher priority projects have been completed (grand salon and chapel), they can then jump right in to construction with the lake without further delays. They had already paid the costs for the surveys before the issues with the chapel and grand salon appeared, so there was no reason not to go ahead and submit the plans they’d already paid for. I think that’s correct but jump in if I misspoke, Stephanie!

Cherie Doughan
9h
Why so angry? Stephanie is doing what she said. Don’t add more stress than she has. Enjoy and feel happy.

Sheree Jones
8h
Sorry where does it say I’m angry ?? I merely stated my opinion there is no “anger”

Carolyn Padula
2h
As Stephanie has made clear multiple times, the lake comes after the grand salon and chapel. She was providing an update on where things stand with all the paperwork, surveys, and permissions - not construction timing.

Caitlin May Stebbins
10h
I remember when there was structural issues in the grande salon that it was making the cham bre perse room sink down. How are you able to now have guests at the BNB stay in that room? I thought it was unstable.

Judy Mossip
9h
I think they were able to move the mirror because they are not using that room for guests. I think I heard Philip say that.

Carolyn Padula
2h
They were moving mirrors, not having guests in the room.

Lin Gell
26min
They have made it very clear those rooms are not being let ! Hence using the mirror for the time being .

Monique Bouskos
9h
What is going on with the two rooms above the grand salon? Didn’t you have some structural problems there?

Carolyn Padula
1h
As has been made clear before, those two rooms are not useable until repairs to them and the Grand Salon have been done.

Dodi Williams
8h
Happy birthday, Sharon! Good to see Andrew & Ricardo. I’ve missed their posts lately. Philip did a great job at dinner! He was so funny with the chicken. Thank you for all the updates. How are the structural repairs going above the grand salon?

Carolyn Padula
1h
they can't be done until the Grand Salon is repaired.

Christine Wilkinson
7h
I think I heard you say you need permission for the work to stabilize the building and the rotten beams supporting the floors? I was under the impression that you can do what you like inside and have to use historically correct materials on the outside. Do you need permission for the stabilization in the chateau?

Carolyn Padula
1h
As she explained in the video, she is waiting on the architectural reports. These things never happen quickly in France.

Jennifer Cochrane
5h
It would be good to have a round up and summary of all the projects and plans. For instance the results of the structural surveys and smaller projects such as the steps to the terrace.I would also like to know what Ian the builder is up to. He was such a popular part of LaLande life and has just disappeared.

Linda Stone
59min
Do you have any rooms that have not even been started yet, ?

Carolyn Padula
38min
There have been several references to rooms they have plans for. First on the list for a redo apparently is the "Bamboo Room."

Who the duck is the self righteous Carolyn Padula what an utter waspish pain in the arse she is so passive aggressive must be a new incarnation of the frightful Bacon Eater or Caroline Gooder for nothing

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
I thought exactly the same, all that unnecessary screeching, poor bird must have been scared witless and because of that, I wouldn't be surprised if none of those eggs hatch. Such a bunch of juveniles - beyond boring! The HMN really shouldn't keep animals.
Yay, the Patreon figures are finally, slowly but most definitely on a downwards slide. :p
SJ certainly knows how to talk - all about nothing in actual fact.
Why doesn't she employ a contractor carpenter just to create the fire proof (or whatever it was) boiler partition and let Amaury get on with the GS? But, oh no, his next big project is the fancy ends for the pergola. Just why, it's not like it is a vocal point in the middle of the garden(s), it doesn't actually go anywhere, e.g. a dead end, is up against a wall and will eventually be covered in trees/vines and flowers. Such a waste of time, energy and money. Hey ho, just so LL! :rolleyes:
Where is Kevin?
Amoury is either on a low wage or the patron are being ripped off.
As for that Chinese’ restaurant’ Fanny exclaimed that there were only four people in it. NOT a good advertisement.
I wonder if there were rooms attached?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
103) Le château de Chaumont (Creuse) est à vendre, pas son histoire - YouTube

This was posted on Brenda's channel.
Herewith the transcript in French , plus Google translation

0:00
quand j'ai vu cette photo j'ai eu
0:02
vraiment une grande émotion pour la
0:05
simple raison que j'ai été un enfant
0:07
caché
0:08
'l'annonce attire l'attention le château
0:10
de chaumont maison d'accueil de
0:12
plusieurs centaines de juifs durant la
0:13
guerre est à vendre sur ce célèbre site
0:16
d'annonce le propriétaire cherche un
0:18
acheteur capable de le restaurer tous
0:22
les gros de murs sont bonnes et encore
0:24
après ils cherchent que juste qu'une
0:27
call rénove qui cure qui reviennent ce
0:31
qu'il était dans 30 hors du temps de la
0:33
seconde guerre mondiale
0:35
à l'époque des enfants dont le futur
0:37
humoriste popeck sont cachés dans ce
0:39
domaine de la creuse à l'abri des
0:41
déportations
0:42
j'avais quinze joueurs jean sèye et qui
0:46
avait entre je sais pas moi qu'un g20
0:48
quelques années et ça attirait beaucoup
0:51
le d'enfants de quoi en ce temps
0:53
l'ancien maire de massat était
0:55
adolescent depuis un incendie a ravagé
0:57
les lieux qui partent en lambeaux voir
1:00
vu ce que m'a vu elle voit maintenant tu
1:03
as fait évidemment de la peine bien sûr
1:05
nous n'avons pas malheureusement les
1:07
moyens financiers pour racheter cette
1:12
propriété c'est une tristesse pour vous
1:14
oui énormément
1:16
ne cherchez aucun prix sur la non ce peu
1:19
importe l'offre proposée la seule
1:21
condition est la rénovation à
1:23
l'identique de ce château

0:00
When I saw this picture I had
0:02
Really a great emotion for the
0:05
Simple reason that I was a child
0:07
hidden
0:08
'The announcement attracts attention The castle
0:10
de Chaumont guest house of
0:12
Several hundred Jews during the
0:13
War is for sale on this famous site
0:16
Listing the owner is looking for a
0:18
buyer able to restore it all
0:22
The big walls are good and still
0:24
After they seek that just one
0:27
Call renovates who cure who return this
0:31
that he was in 30 out of the time of the
0:33
World War II
0:35
at the time of children whose future
0:37
Popeck comedian are hidden in this
0:39
Domaine de la Creuse sheltered from
0:41
Deportations
0:42
I had fifteen Jean Sèye players and who
teenager since a fire ravaged
0:57
Places that go to shreds See
1:00
seeing what she sees me now you see
1:03
Obviously hurt of course
1:05
Unfortunately, we do not have the
1:07
Financial means to buy back this
1:12
Property is a sadness for you
1:14
Yes a lot
1:16
Do not look for any price on the no this little
1:19
Imports the offer proposed the only
1:21
condition is the renovation to
1:23
The identical of this castle
Sorry if it's already been posted I'm a bit behind, this was a repy from a French person thirteen days ago.

The castle was bought by a gentleman who has a YouTube channel ("Escape to rural France") where he presents the renovation of this castle. However, after seeing a number of his videos, I doubt his ability to renovate a building of this kind with quality. Apparently, he had already renovated an old farmhouse. I saw him, in one of his videos, putting up a window with concrete. Yes, only concrete around the window, no wooden or PVC frames. He also cut down a lot of trees on the estate. But hey, it remains to be seen what will happen and what it will give, he bought the castle quite recently. We are not immune to a pleasant surprise!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Was the first course for that dinner, slices of cheese with some kind of dressing - IDK? 🤮
That revolting dinner offering was not enough to feed 4 people, let alone 11/12? But then again, maybe was enough as obviously some people must have turned their noses up at the sight of it! I honestly thought that PJ had brought 4 tureens to the table - 2 at each end!
And the barely there bowls of fruit for dessert plus, a miniscule cheese board. Again, only just enough for 4 people! Silly me. :rolleyes:
I thought SJ said, with PJ confirming, that he had rushed to the supermarket for supplies at 6.30pm. REALLY, did he forget it was his turn to cook? Everybody must shudder in dread when that bombshell is dropped, with very good reason!
Make a God damn list next time squirrel boy and feed your guests appropriate helpings.

And, what the hell was Auntie wearing? I 100% agree with another Tattler, Barbara Cartland's younger sister by another mother personified! Why does she do that to herself? Women with amble boobs should wear V-necks (I know from personal experience), not something that looks like they are being strangled! :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Guessing we'll subjected to Sharon doing her whip crack away for the next months avec tiara.
what will she do there for a month?! watching house go down? sitting in a first row during filthy chatlaine's and dutchboy's break up?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20

Carolyn Padula
38min
There have been several references to rooms they have plans for. First on the list for a redo apparently is the "Bamboo Room."

Who the duck is the self righteous Carolyn Padula what an utter waspish pain in the arse she is so passive aggressive must be a new incarnation of the frightful Bacon Eater or Caroline Gooder for nothing
giphy (21).gif

1683198762139.png

Carolyn Padula
38min

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Dan has overtaken fanny in views with 100K less subscribers. In about 10/15 weeks he will overtake TCD subrscribers.he is currently the one who is making bank on youtube and snubbing off the CD patreons.

Well done Dan! Take the witch down and never look back.
I love that fans communicate with Dan through fanny's flog comments 😄 And then on Dan's flog comments say that they are going to be staying at fanny's next week and to let them know what he needs. That's got to sting. I'll wager that Dan's chateau is a must visit for all of fanny's guests. That's got to smart too 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Where is Kevin?
Amoury is either on a low wage or the patron are being ripped off.
As for that Chinese’ restaurant’ Fanny exclaimed that there were only four people in it. NOT a good advertisement.
I wonder if there were rooms attached?
I honestly think that Kevin has done a runner - 100% don't blame him. Good lad. :ROFLMAO:
It looked more like a motorway service cafe to me. No offence to the restaurant chain intended, obviously!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

Sheree Jones
10h
Personally I would think the repairs in the grande salon should come first before it gets any worse and ends up an even bigger job - the lake is not a desperate emergency to do where’s structural repairs are I imagine !

Megan Madaris
9h
The lake work will be on hold according to Stephanie’s previous comments, but the bureaucratic red tape takes so long for permissions (years), they’re going ahead to receive the ok from the government so that when they are ready with funds and other higher priority projects have been completed (grand salon and chapel), they can then jump right in to construction with the lake without further delays. They had already paid the costs for the surveys before the issues with the chapel and grand salon appeared, so there was no reason not to go ahead and submit the plans they’d already paid for. I think that’s correct but jump in if I misspoke, Stephanie!

Cherie Doughan
9h
Why so angry? Stephanie is doing what she said. Don’t add more stress than she has. Enjoy and feel happy.

Sheree Jones
8h
Sorry where does it say I’m angry ?? I merely stated my opinion there is no “anger”

Carolyn Padula
2h
As Stephanie has made clear multiple times, the lake comes after the grand salon and chapel. She was providing an update on where things stand with all the paperwork, surveys, and permissions - not construction timing.

Caitlin May Stebbins
10h
I remember when there was structural issues in the grande salon that it was making the cham bre perse room sink down. How are you able to now have guests at the BNB stay in that room? I thought it was unstable.

Judy Mossip
9h
I think they were able to move the mirror because they are not using that room for guests. I think I heard Philip say that.

Carolyn Padula
2h
They were moving mirrors, not having guests in the room.

Lin Gell
26min
They have made it very clear those rooms are not being let ! Hence using the mirror for the time being .

Monique Bouskos
9h
What is going on with the two rooms above the grand salon? Didn’t you have some structural problems there?

Carolyn Padula
1h
As has been made clear before, those two rooms are not useable until repairs to them and the Grand Salon have been done.

Dodi Williams
8h
Happy birthday, Sharon! Good to see Andrew & Ricardo. I’ve missed their posts lately. Philip did a great job at dinner! He was so funny with the chicken. Thank you for all the updates. How are the structural repairs going above the grand salon?

Carolyn Padula
1h
they can't be done until the Grand Salon is repaired.

Christine Wilkinson
7h
I think I heard you say you need permission for the work to stabilize the building and the rotten beams supporting the floors? I was under the impression that you can do what you like inside and have to use historically correct materials on the outside. Do you need permission for the stabilization in the chateau?

Carolyn Padula
1h
As she explained in the video, she is waiting on the architectural reports. These things never happen quickly in France.

Jennifer Cochrane
5h
It would be good to have a round up and summary of all the projects and plans. For instance the results of the structural surveys and smaller projects such as the steps to the terrace.I would also like to know what Ian the builder is up to. He was such a popular part of LaLande life and has just disappeared.

Linda Stone
59min
Do you have any rooms that have not even been started yet, ?

Carolyn Padula
38min

I was thinking the same... Caroline Gooder has morphed into Carolyn Padula. Ffs snorty you are a pain in the arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Stephanie Jarvis mentioned that Maria is frantically researching Coronation foods for their upcoming party this weekend.
Huge tip Maria - knock yourself out with Good Housekeeping or, WI recipes courtesy of Google - simples!
Well, obviously coronation chicken/quiches/salads/new potatoes/sausage rolls followed by scones and individual celebratory cupcakes served with lashings of lemonade/fizz - all sounds very much like a similar HMN event held every year at Easter, doesn't it? Not much to research then? :rolleyes:

For info - The RHS Chelsea Flower Show runs from Tuesday 23 to Saturday 27 May 2023.
I wonder what expensive delights Stephanie Jarvis will buy that won't see the light of day ever again? ;)

Just a little aside, I recently had some fabulous Clarks, navy blue suede peep toed/cut out high wedge shoes up for sale on FB. I only wore them twice and loved them but my recent knee injury meant I could never wear them again. Well, the lady who bought them, was invited to the King's Summer Party with her husband due to their work within their community. Hey, my shoes actually got to be at Buckingham Palace. My work is done. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
what will she do there for a month?! watching house go down? sitting in a first row during filthy chatlaine's and dutchboy's break up?
If she cracked her whip against the outside walls of CHMN she could remove the crumbling facades in an afternoon, job done.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
If she cracked her whip against the outside walls of CHMN she could remove the crumbling facades in an afternoon, job done.
I wonder if she is for hire? Need to get the crepi off and re-do now the better weather is coming.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.